Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,194 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One of my favourite moments wouldn't be on an official list for obvious reasons and that's Eddie and Benoit after Benoit won the title at WM XX.

Daniel Bryan winning the title at WM 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It seems Ric Flair's show was cancelled on Podcast One and Mark Madden was fired. Flair doing his usual on Twitter by not covering himself in glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Such a list is always going to be argued about since everyone will have different opinions, but it's just a typical WWE BS list. Out of the top 5, 3 are current active wrestlers (Brock, Rollins and Becky), Hogan and Michaels have working relationships with WWE and Andre is seen as a legend they love.

I see number 7 is "Kofi Kingston wins WWE Title and Kofimania" - Sorry, Kofi that's no where near 7 too lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Top 5 mania moments for me

1) Austin aligns with Vince (17)

2) TLC 2 (17)

3) Michaels vs Flair (24)

4) Austin vs Hart (13)

5) Hogan vs Warrior (6)

• Advertisement

The double turn at WM 13, Austin with blood running down his face and passing out in the sharpshooter, would definitely be in my top 5 list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You'd have to figure the biggest wrestlemania moment would be the main event of wrestlemania 1.

Accordingly Vince bet the farm and if that wasn't a success there wouldn't have been a wrestlemania 2, hulkamania or even the wwf as we know it. Surely that has to be number 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This is the biggest WM moment of all time. Its not even a debate. Its probably the biggest moment in the history of wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Will always be Hogan/Warrior for me, showing my age here but I'd say I rented that video from Xtravision easily over a hundred times when I was a kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

To quote Scott Steiner:

"The one Hall of Fame that I refuse to go in is the WWE Hall of Fame because do you know where it's at? Where is it? Do you have an address? It's a bunch of bulls--t. If they called me up, I wouldn't go because there's no address; you can't go see it, so, where is it?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I suspect it's different now Rick's young lad is doing ok for himself in NXT 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ I'd take out either Seth cashing in or Becky winning in the Main Event, and put Steve Austin covered in blood while placed in the Sharpshooter. It's an iconic moment from a very memorable match.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wow, I wonder if Scott will be there

Maybe there really is a problem between HHH und Vince

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

These Mania moment lists always suffer from recency bias. In terms of a match the Becky/Ronda/Charlotte wasn't a classic but I think to have women closing out Mania was a big moment. THE biggest? Definitely not but it's up there.

I don't really agree with the number 1 as while it was a shocking moment Lesnar never needed the clout of ending the streak, it made Reigns beating Taker two years later sort of pointless.

Jesus theyre really running out of people to induct. The Steiners wrestled sporadically for aboiut a year in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Pentecost

In fairness they've inducted plenty of WCW stars. On their career overall it's deserved, in so far as it actually means anything anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Absolutely loved undertaker vs hbk back to back at wrestlemania.

Most iconic moments for me would be Austin turning heel and the streak being broken.

Not too many WCW only guys though really? Or non WWE guys. Harlem Heat recently. Ridiculous. The Freebirds. Never even wrestled in WWE.

But I guess they see themselves as the only hall of fame now.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jo187

The idea was Brock beats Taker and goes a spree and becomes the big boss with Roman being the one to dethrone him the following year and Roman is the big man now. Of course they mess that up and did the emergency cash in with Seth to save the match.

Roman beating taker a few years later was again trying to establish Roman as the man. Again it failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Undertaker should have retired with his streak unbroken

The free birds did wrestle in what was then the WWF. It wasn’t a long run but they did wrestle there.

The lists are based on the persons era of wrestling more than recency bias. I mean BT sport put on a top ten list of wrestle mania and I’m sorry but they had WM 9 which is one of, if not the worst mania ever produced yet that’s higher on the list then imo the second best one which is 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,084 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I always felt like this was going to happen as soon as Bron Breakker debuted on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Petermc83

The Steiners deserve their place in the HOF. Won titles all over the world in plenty of difference companies, yes, they were predominately in WCW but they're no-nonsense approach to tag team wrestling back in the early 90s was great to watch. Just wish the current WWE product valued Tag Team wrestling higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Steiners have zero place in any hall of fame. Their in ring legacy (which is open for debate based on how they treated their opponents anyway) is absolutely tarnished by the fact that they were locker room bullies that sexually abused referees and other talents for their own entertainment.

TBF if we're going down that route the HOF would be fairly empty.

• Advertisement

They will be having a hall of famer who was the biggest draw in the history of wrestling who beat his wife headline night one of this years wrestlemaina and the second that glass shatters I beat you and millions more around the world will mark out and not care one jot that he is a wife beater

Advertisement