Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,526 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Added a 3way mixture of commercially available bugs a few years ago.

That thinned out the crust.

You'd want a mixture of aerobic and anaerobic microbes like the commercial ones. The one I'd be making would be completely anaerobic. Basically fermentation.

Young lad learned to crawl up into the fetol position on the soccer field after being tripped.

If that was on the school yard back in yonder. The young lad would turn around and kick him in the shins.

(No way I'm condoning Gascoigne.)

Maybe ye would know what to do.

I bought a tractor part in Ireland last week online. They arranged delivery with a courier company. Not the one I picked on their website.

I got a message a day later via sms that it needed a signature on collection from the courier company. And that I could pick it up from their collection points. I assumed then that it wasn't coming to my home address and I picked a point in my county, the other point provided was in a neighbouring county.

I received no more sms messages after that and I had to work through the link provided in the sms to see when it was delivered. It was supposed to arrive at my home place Wednesday but arrived at the collection point the day before. I didn't know this till I looked at the website link Thursday. I went to the collection point Friday to pick up my parcel. The person in charge searched the parcels and said it wasn't there and to contact the courier company.

I contacted the company via phone number and was told it was delivered to my home address Tuesday and that my name was signed on the sheet. There was no delivery here on that day and I did not sign any sheet.

I looked back on their website with my purchase number and I got to a part where it shows who signed the form. It was the collection point that signed the form or it was their name on a picture of the signature.

I contacted the courier company this morning put in my purchase number was told by automated message that I'd be put to a customer representative. The phone line went silent after for three and a half minutes and then my call was ended on their side.

Where do I go from here?

It looks like the part was either taken by the delivery driver or someone at the collection point.

To say I'm browned off is an understatement.

Have ye ever had such a thing happen to yourselves and what come back had ye?

Mods could ye move to an appropriate forum if ye think it'll make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Put the pressure on the courier to prove that they were in you place. ie GPS evidence, Time etc. this will put pressure on them. Quote the sale of goods and services act and ask to see all scans of the package with times. They may quote data protection. Ask them to redact parts and leave it with times and you details. They hate this and the package will be found really quick. Just be firm and a bit of a stick to the point of getting this data

• Advertisement

There could be a power of Boards.

I was filling out an email to the head boss of the courier company.

I've everything now printed off and screenshotted. Proof of delivery signature, etc.

Anyway I was just filling out the email when I got a call asking did I pick up from the collection point at later in the day (Friday) than when I was there as the parcel was scanned out. I told them it wasn't me as I down earlier in the day. So now the customer support is looking into this.

The customer service who claimed my signature was made on tuesday at my home address was not working today.

I told them I was in the process of filling out the email and asked will I send it or wait for their call back. They said wait till they find out about this new development and they'll call me back later today.

All I want to do is start a tractor..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

OH was like that day before testing positive, I’d no symptoms and tested positive the following day

Sure you’ll have 5 days to sow the vegetables

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Odelay

Your contract it with the seller, you paid them not the courier company. Tell them they have to sort it out or you’ll cancel the credit card payment.

I'll see what'll happen later today.

I've been in contact with the seller they know the situation up till today.

It feels like bases are being covered by people. Not very well but some way..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's the responsibility of the company who sold it to you up to the point the product is in your possession. Tell them to sort it or get yer money back/replacement. Why should you be running around after them when you paid them to get it to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Did ye all see Will Smith?

Laughs at first then seemingly looks at Jada's reaction and ..SLAP and then to get the point across twice in front of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I had 3 deliveries from couriers here today. First one was thrown out of van at my door. Second one was a pallet of fencing posts, driver refused to get out of his lorry until I put the dogs away. 3rd was thrown under a tree in my garden

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭roosterman71

And ya should complain to both the courier and the seller. I find Fastway to be absolute hoors at just horsing stuff anywhere within the vicinity. Rest are fairly good

Went to local for tea, oh always has the steak combi, which up to now was 23.95. Its now 30.95. 10 euro supplement for steak in the early bird menu too.

Most likely NOT connected to Whelans post above, but fallen stock collection prices gone up, diesel cost they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Must be a fair lump of a steak, AFAIK our local is still €10 maybe €12 tops for a steak dinner, steak wouldnt be massive by any means but youd be hard set to walk after a feed there i think the rest of the dinners are still €8 but cant be sure but i reckon there the same price as he still has the same menus from ten years ago.

Better living everyone

It was commented last Sunday at the dinner table that every fork full of the Sunday roast lamb was 2euro.

It's a striploin steak- of which you get 2 in lidl for under €6- mushrooms, onions, choice of potatoes and sauce. Can do similar at home for under 6 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

had a really good week so far.

my 3yo son kept asking for a haircut. My OH wouldn’t cut it and it was down to his shoulders but he said he wanted it short like daddy so she brought him in and he is so happy with it. Willing to talk a bit more, laughing at his reflection and telling the world about his new cut. He has mild speech delay so it’s great to see him confident.

Also Officially a farmer today. Herd transferred into my name during the week and now have my login details and have registered the first calf in my name… might frame the blue card. 😂

OH and children happy that they had Named that calf poppy after our recently deceased family dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Well done. Right few bits of good news in your post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Cost of the food would be a very small part of the costs of running a restaurant,

I know that, but it's some jump in price in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Daughter still feeling sick with covid but hasn’t been sick since. Tired too. Thank god for the pony to keep her out and about. It’s washed, clipped and groomed like a show horse. But she doesn’t feel up to any riding as she’s weak.

I still have headaches and sort throat coming and going but testing negative on antigen. Herself is escaping symptoms so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭kk.man

Something  similar happen to me, I paid for my goods via paypal...was getting no change out of the company. I request paypal refund me which they did after 28 days and I then I received an apology from the company!

Lesson I learn always pay by paypal. I'D report them to the CCPC Consumer Protection too. When I googled the UK Company I bought the stuff off, they had a terrible bad name. Now with the UK outside the EU these companies are not under EU Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭kk.man

I got the same and it got me thinking...if they send out those to us (and fair play ABP) WHATS KEEPING THE BANK TRANSFER DETAILS WHEN CATTLE ARE SLAUGHTERED as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I know Brian, all 4 of us have it here, 8 year old one tested positive on Sunday 20th and thankfully got a negative today (10 days later). Herself tested positive on Sunday and me on Monday, then the little 3 year old today. Thankfully none of us too sick, tired, cough (its like someone with a feather half way down your throat) and a few pains, herself lost taste and smell, thankfully I didn't. Its good to have the farm to go out and walk about an look at the cattle, but after a walk around you wouldn't have much energy. There is a serious amount of people with it around at the minute. This is the first time we have had it but I have heard of people getting it 2 - 3 times.

Some people are assholes. Saw a number of places lit by a main road, seems forestry was the intended target as same side of the road and wind blowing to it. Helicopter was out dousing hot spots, fire got as far as the trees but they got it just in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Advertisement