Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would think the old rumour of renaming stuff silver, gold, & platinum would make the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They might think using "gold" might be too similar to "Xbox Live gold" and "Games with Gold".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Guessing it will be silver, gold and platinum. Sync it with the trophy system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This June, we’re bringing together PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now in an all-new PlayStation Plus subscription service that provides more choice to customers across three membership tiers globally.

Our focus is on providing high-quality, curated content with a diverse portfolio of games*. Below is an overview of the three membership tiers:

PlayStation Plus Essential

Benefits:

Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:

Two monthly downloadable games

Exclusive discounts

Cloud storage for saved games

Online multiplayer access

There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.

Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.

United States

$9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly

Europe

€8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly

United Kingdom

£6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly

Japan

¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra

Benefits:

Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier

Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.

Price*:

United States

$14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly

Europe

€13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly

United Kingdom

£10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly

Japan

¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium**

Benefits:

Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers

Adds up to 340* additional games, including:

PS3 games available via cloud streaming

A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations

Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***

Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.

Price*:

United States

$17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly

Europe

€16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly

United Kingdom

£13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly

Japan

¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly

PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

The new Extra and Premium tiers represent a major evolution for PlayStation Plus. With these tiers, our key focus is to ensure that the hundreds of games we offer will include the best quality content that sets us apart. At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal. We’re working closely with our imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners to include some of the best gaming experiences available with a library that will be regularly refreshed. More details to come on the games we’ll have on our new PlayStation Plus service.

So it is more or less exactly what most people thought it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I note it says 'two downloadable games' so can we assume we're down two games per month on the standard PS Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So..

Tier 1 - PlayStation Plus Essential - €60 a year - PS Plus as it is

Tier 2 - PlayStation Plus Extra - €100 a year - PS Plus & PS Now (ps4 & ps5 games)

Tier 3 - PlayStation Plus Premium - €120 a year - PS Plus & PS Now (ps5, ps4, ps3 streaming, ps2 & ps1 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pity no option to "upgrade" your sub, like a 1 euro game pass type deal...

Noticed that as well.

Wonder what plan they have for those with existing subs who want to upgrade. Or since they seem to be doing away with Now, what happens people subbed to that?

I wonder if it will be something like Xbox have with Game pass , where you can convert Xbox Live Gold to x amount of months in Game Pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So looks like I can just wait for Returnal to be added

"The new Extra and Premium tiers represent a major evolution for PlayStation Plus. With these tiers, our key focus is to ensure that the hundreds of games we offer will include the best quality content that sets us apart. At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal. We’re working closely with our imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners to include some of the best gaming experiences available with a library that will be regularly refreshed. More details to come on the games we’ll have on our new PlayStation Plus service. "

This bit has me confused. PS Now sub owners transition straight to PS Plus Premium?? So we should all get PS Now for half the price before it goes away and turns into a 120 a year sub?

"When the new PlayStation Plus service launches, PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The blog says people subscribed to Now will have their sub transferred to PS Plus Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So can we download the games in Tier 2 & 3 and play them or do we have to stream them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Maybe I'm missing it, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of the current PS+ Collection? If that's gone, then Essential customers will be getting less for the same money they're paying now.

I'd say that will be merged with games like Returnal, Death Stranding

I don't think that changes at all. That was more of an incentive for people getting a PS5, to have those games at launch (particularly for people who might not have had a PS4 and would have missed games already offered through PS+ on a previous month). Most people would/should have already added them to their library to keep anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I guess it would only affect first time customers who go for the Essential tier then? Fair enough.

Is there no way of upgrading a current PS plus sub?

Just looking on the app to see how much a Now sub is and looks like they've already updated it to only show monthly subs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

If you go on to the website here: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-now/

it's still showing the different tiers, i.e. 12 month, 3 month and 1 month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It'll all depend on the quality of the library of games available.

I know it's not going to happen, but a good collection of rare or international PS1 / PS2 games - particularly from Japan - would be well worth a subscription. The PSN collections of PS1 games were superb in the PS3 / PSP era, with a quick Japanese account setup giving a huge bounty of obscurities and classics. But I don't think Sony's ambitions would stretch to such a multi-regional offering given their current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

**** sticks, they've gotten rid of it on the site now too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Full price PS Now was the same as Plus (€59.99 each), so at full price this is just summed and marked to the €119.99

So gone up 1 cent.

Would PSNow codes still work?

Looking at my subs Now expires in October and Plus in February so curious to see how that works.

I would guess when they say Now members will be moved to the middle tier, they're working off the fact that nearly all Now subscribers would also be Plus subscribers anyway.

Where would it leave people who use Now on PC? Maybe it'll still be an option

Existing PS Now members will be moved to the top tier, PS Plus Premium

When the new PlayStation Plus service launches, PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.

I presume if you have say 5 months left on your PS Now subscription and 9 months on your PS+ subscription, you'll be moved to Premium for the first 5 months, then will drop down to Essential (the bottom tier).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm one of those people with zero interest in games pre-PS4, so mid Tier will be grand. Basically what I was expecting. No mention of The Order 1886....

Mid tier will be all PS4 games except The Order 1886. 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Not much wow factor in that announcement.

Advertisement