Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

So it doesn't get lost in the resale talk... has anyone else pressured See Tickets into promising to post their Tickets to Ireland? Did the resale have the same situation of charging for postage we can't avail of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

As far as I know @Seathrun66 got a response and they said they'd post them to the address on his reg / the order. Might email them and ask the same because apparently getting from the coach park at gate B to the box office at gate A is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They've agreed to post mine out. Meself followed up on that and they also agreed to post to him/her. A pal I'm going with also got the same confirmation. They may automatically send them to all Irish addresses but I wouldn't count on it. I'd contact them to get confirmation of delivery. They've set a precedent with mine so anyone asking for postage of the tickets to Ireland will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

New Order and Pet Shop Boys touring together from September. PSB already announced, chances for New Order to headline The Other Stage again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hard to see them headlining. But possibly headline support? As much as I can't stand PSB (Don't know why. Just me), would they be big enough to headline Other? New Order and then PSB? Hard to say. With McCartney headlining Saturday on Pyramid, might this be too many old-school headliners? But I can't see PSB playing The Glade or anything like that. Would draw too big an audience.

• Advertisement

PSB are easily Other Stage headliners or Pyramid sub-headliners. They headlined the OS in 2010 (caught them headlining Primavera the same year) and subbed for Bowie in 2000. These guys are a huge draw and have never stopped selling out arenas. Three top 3 UK albums in the last nine years. They'll have a big slot.

With Billie and Kendrick headlining the main stage I think the newcomers are well and truly represented. More oldies please.

I fancy PSB to sub the Pyramid (and wheel out Marc Almond for their new collaborative single). Already thinking of those stage commutes. What a mindset to be in after 2 ticketless years!

EDIT - eFestivals have PSB confirmed for Other Stage on the Sunday.

eFestivals have PSB confirmed for Other Stage on the Sunday.

Yeah, that definitely sounds about right

Clashing with Kendrick then. A tough one. A weekend of clashes and lengthy walks between stages lies ahead. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Supergrass are also on the Other Stage. Day TBC. Assume they'll headline.

• Advertisement

May not be big enough. Sam Fender is now an arena act selling out far bigger venues than them though no comparison for me in terms of quality. Foals and Pet Sop Boys the other likely headliners. Or Lorde again if she's there though I could see her subbing for Kendrick or Billie.

Selfishly also, Supergrass not headlining means I've a much better chance of getting to see them.

You could be right yeah. Foals will defo headliner and theyre on the same day. So Supergrass and then Foals. Hopefully Friday or Saturday. Ive nicht interest in Billie or Kendrick.

Could Supergrass be The Other Stage 'heritage' opener on the Friday, like The Charlatans or James in previous years?

Or the Kaiser Chiefs the year there was a rumour it could be Prince until their Kaiser Chiefs flag unfurled down to a field full of groans.

The disadvantage of a stacked glasto lineup is the clashes. Bicep are headlining West Holts on sunday as well.

Forget not Beady Eye in 2013. I was well clear of that.

Still active this morning - does that mean people can buy them or is it just for BottleGate peeps admin?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think it is just for bottlegate.

People have been able to enter their details on that page, but only for the number of registrations that they had previously submitted. Think they know which registration numbers were used as well, but I've not been able to submit for one of the ones on my bottlegate order, and my registration that subsequently got a coach ticket is showing as having a ticket already.

I've not heard from See Tickets though so I think I may have lost out on getting the two tickets, and am stuck with the one coach one instead.

Ah no, does that mean someone in your group has missed out? That's horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes, my wife.

But when I failed, or thought I'd failed, in the general resale and then coach tickets popped up I knew that we'd not be taking the kid half way around the country just to get a bus back to the South West again so it then became a solo effort.

If we don't manage to get the second ticket sorted then I'll probably meet up with them on the Saturday and bring the kid into the site for the day and then overindulge on face painting, fairy wings, and Kidz Field madness for a day while the wife takes the dog for a long walkies tour of various coffee shops around the area. The kid has already been telling their teachers that they are going to Glastonbury, even though we never actually said we had got tickets sorted.

So you bought two tickets, got bottles and now See are only confirming 1 ticket?

Entered for two tickets, selected one bottle to get the order to go through.

Then got one for a coach in the seperate resale.

So you got 1 on the "bottle" transaction and 1 for the coach?

At the moment got no tickets on the bottle transaction, just one bottle which is against my registration as the lead booker on that order.

I think they may have removed me from the list of people to contact about bottlegate though because when they look at my registration it will show that I have a ticket.

Sh1te thats a mess. See are speaking to people about it though, they know they fcuked up so keep at it. Id ring them tbh. Even if its takes ages to get through.

They may do the business for you. I can see a couple of secret resales happening as a result of this so keep an eye on it.

They're kind of into uncharted territory here, id ask them to cancel the coach ticket and let you pay for the 2 tickets you should have gotten with the bottle.

So, it only affected (some) of those who were buying ticket & bottle. What a clusterf**ck. I wonder how many this impacted. I mean if it's a couple of hundred then they should definitely give the buyer to simply buy their ticket. . However I suppose if it was, let's just say, 5 thousand and those 5 thousand tickets were then erroneously sold on, then I would imagine that they might have difficulty selling another 5K tickets (License-wise I mean).

I REALLY hope everyone gets sorted, yeah, in a situation like this I'd be ringing as opposed to replying on a mail chain.

I wouldn’t just wait for seetickets to contact me though I would ring them.

• Advertisement

Advertisement