Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Does the price get locked-in on ordering or when it's delivered?

Any idea of what the price increase might be or if it can be avoided?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would hope when ordering and deposit paid. It did for us anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

When you order and pay a deposit based on a price with an estimated date of delivery you are entering a contract. This is a fixed price contract and operates as if you are receiving the car there and then.

Any change has to be with your agreement. The dealer cannot withdraw if you refuse as both parties have agreed the contract and the buyer has agreed the dealer’s offer by paying the deposit.

Read the small print carefully if you have any doubts and any mention that the price may vary (which usually means an increase) should make you walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

nope, we have been checking for years and i mean 25 years plus we have tried to find out and no one assumes ownership of anything so its left to the residents association to maintain and upkeep the area... never seen anything like it

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Is the interior colour determined by the exterior colour? On Hyundai.ie - ioniq 5 design/colour section they have grey interior on following colours: phantom black, galactic grey, mystic olive and the remaining exterior colours are available with a black interior.

Maybe their website needs to be updated if grey is on the base model, seemed to me the interior (grey or black) was determined by the exterior colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think the cars with leather were the ones that changed interior colour depending on the outside colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

On the Executive Plus the door cards are light coloured on the dark exterior colours. but the seats remain dark afaik.

On the brochure I think they state that the Executive only has the dark interior. Looks quite good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fluffykre

Hi Ioniq 5 owners,

With the good weather are you seeing better km per kWh? If so what sort of numbers are you seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Every EV sees greater efficiency in warmer weather

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement

As I posted on Sunday, I did a trip as follows with the battery starting at 100%.

157kms outbound using I-pedal and air conditioning at 18 degrees with fan speed 1. 

Return trip 155 kms with everything else the same. 

Total distance 312 kms. 30% battery remaining and a range remaining of 120 kms thus showing a gain of 40kms.

Using the Bluelink app today revealed the following figures for that day:

Energy consumption 43.33 kWh means that approx 41% of battery remaining

Average consumption 7.13 kms per kWh

Driving distance 309 kms

Recuperation 28.46 kWh

It doesn’t add up. Why are the figures produced by the car in real time on the day at variance with the figures the car is sending to the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

Don't know others experience but my apps energy consumption has been off since day 1. For some reason my average consumption is about 0.26km/kwh !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Do you have the 20" Tyres?

I'm averaging about 23kWh/100km that is driving in eco and have a theory that the 20" wheels are a lot less efficient than the 19"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

No. 19 inches. And the issue isn't actual consumption, its what the app reports. According to it, my daily average consumption is 112kWh. I.e. total garbage!

Your theory is based on what? One rotation of a 19 inch wheel will cover less ground than one rotation of a 20 inch wheel and thus the 20 inch wheel will require marginally less energy to cover a given distance even accounting for the extra weight of the bigger wheel.

Exactly. The app is a nonsense. My average shown on the car’s display as I type is 6.3 kms per kWh which translates to 15.9 kWh per 100 kms. Car not driven since the previously detailed trip on Sunday and has 20 inch wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I've 20 inch wheels and my daily average usage is 152kwh 😂. Must be my age now but I can't remember charging it twice a day.

App is crap for data bar data on trips (distance and speed) energy usage stuff is a load of b#£&ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

20" wheels are about 10% less efficient. There are multiple videos and websites documenting this. Not just on the ioniq 5 but any other ev offering different wheel sizes.

https://ev-database.org is a great website for example

Where do people see km per kWh? I can't find it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Spot on. It does make we wonder in general if EVs are supposed to be about energy efficiency and the environment why they are increasingly being fitted with 19'' and 20'' inch wheels. I get that they look good but also negates their purpose to a degree. Not specific to the Ioniq 5 by any means!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What about the people that had Audis ordered and deposits paid for?

They we’re all refunded last month and told their orders cannot be fulfilled.

• Advertisement

The larger wheels are less efficient. It’s noticeable on the teslas. Mine has 21” wheels on the performance and those with the 19” wheels will see slightly better economy figures. In fact, the website tells you this too.

A 20 inch wheel covers more ground per rotation than a 19 inch wheel. That’s simple, observable physics. A 19 inch wheel needs less power to overcome inertia than a 20 inch wheel so acceleration is marginally different. A 10% decrease in efficiency for a 20 inch wheel is a way over the top estimate.

Once inertia is overcome the tractive effort needed to maintain a given speed will depend on the rolling resistance of the tyre on the wheel of whatever size added to the weight of the vehicle and any wind resistance (drag).

A larger wheel will require fewer rotations for any given distance thus at any given speed with all else equal a smaller wheel will need more energy to maintain that speed as it has to rotate faster than the larger wheel.

However this is academic for real world experience as the difference is marginal. The videos and websites documenting a 10% difference are not backed by physics and tend to concentrate on the energy required to overcome inertia and rolling resistance. If there was a 10% difference then there would be different performance figures for the 2 wheel drive Ioniq 5 with 19 inch wheels and those with 20 inch wheels - they are, in fact, the same.

You can find the km per kWh in the same space as the kWh per 100 kms by going into the menu, opening the settings tab then the general tab and navigating to the units tab then changing the setting.

What about them? Their contracts were terminated due to the inability of the supplier to deliver and, as per either the written or implied terms of the contract, they received their deposits back.

Thus the dealers fulfilled their part of the contract to the best of their ability.

So the same can happen to a Hyundai Order, cool thanks.

I know, but for example within the first week of owning the ioniq 5, two neighbors came in all questions, very interested. Those same neighbors never asked a thing about my classic ioniq I had owned for 5 years...

In the teslas, where you can choose size, why do some people go with the larger wheels, when they are more expensive and less efficient...

Unfortunately size and looks matter a lot :)

What you say makes sense to me, but it's just a fact that smaller wheels are more efficient, don't asked me how ...

Thanks for the settings bit, I'll try it later today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

The Grand Uranus arrived at the Cork port this morning and I got a mail from the dealer to let me know that my Ioniq 5 is on board. Hopefully many others will get the same news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 buachaill maith

Finally got the call to announce the arrival of my premium LE in cork and hope for delivery end of next week.Original delivery was January then March and got call early march to say premium spec were not available before june which was after my ev home charger grant expiry date,I had to settle for premium LE.I hope i don't regret it but a bird in the hand and all that,will finally get to use my home charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I'm hoping my Premium Plus is on that ship. Was told it would arrive by end of month but that was back in January. It's a company car through a lease company. They are not as forthcoming with info as a dealer might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

There’s premium plus’s due in the end of may.

Advertisement