Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Don't forget folks, it's cruel to mock people with alopecia, but baldies are fair game for some serious riffin'!

TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"a great golf player".....not "a great golfer"

Tubs the sports expert showing his true colours again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Because Hillary Clinton has never lied, Ryan.

Don't forget folks, mocking is cruel, unless you're mocking Trump or baldies.

• Advertisement

"I'm not a golf guy"

NO SH*T Tubs.

This DUP opera is a number of years old at this stage and of course the cultured Bryan heard about it this morning for the first time.

Max Mosley the former LLS guest - not alumnus Bryan?

Cancer AND suicide.....I can almost hear the joy in his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Having a final meal with someone the night before they commit suicide to avoid the pain of terminal cancer would 100% be Ryan Tubridys perfect night.

I'm not joking, I truly believe that that man would derive immense pleasure from that situation.

• Advertisement

I’m sure mammies on the school run listening to Ryan absolutely LOVE having to explain Max Mosley’s suicide to their kids.

’Yes son, he refused all treatment and shot himself in the head.’

"Kink Shaming" - I'd say that is one that will be heavily promoted by some in RTE alright.

From lynching being deemed a hate crime to the Leaving Cert to Norma Foley. Seamless.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Not even 1 thousandth of a per cent as much as Joe Duffy would.

Fake email alert!

Instagram is the bestest and most kindest social media platform!

More American President's accents - this time I think he confused Clinton with Trump but sure never mind attention to detail.

Bryan wants to be a GUEST HOME OF THE YEAR JUDGE.

Dee Forbes, make it happen. NK will be on later to negotiate a fee.

The "2-all wins" comment was the highlight for me form Sports Tubs today. Absolute classic.

To think this man opened his show with soccerball,

And with the end of the Riffin' with Ryan section, I'm out. Enjoy folks!

• Advertisement

‘Disaster planning’

’Survivors’

’Mortuary’

‘Ghoulish’

Ryan will be asking her to slow down so he can fill out his misery bingo card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

This could of been a really interesting interview.

I am still not sure why he has spent half the moring talking about a Billie Holiday song and STILL not played it.

‘I look for the doorway to hell’

RTE Radio Centre,

Stillorgan Road,

Donnybrook,

Co. Dublin, Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

He finally plays an absolute stonking classic tune (Kate Bush - Hounds of Love) and tags on ' (she's a) big fan of The Telegraph...but wonderful nonetheless [sic]'

What. The. Fcuk.?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

This one is a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Saying it as it is dude….

Anyone climb the North Face of Slievenamon yet with a live pig on their back and six cats on leads………in bare feet?

Oh come on, Tubs thinks Billie Holiday is a man FFS.

That Billie Holidays lyrics section was not merely thrown out from memory by Tubs, he was reading it from a cue card carefully prepared for him by one of the staff.

I watched a little bit of the Oscars last night on I think RTE (but not 100% sure). A real dilemma here for Tubs now as Amy Schumer "dissed" one of Tubs' heroes Aaron Sorkin. Tubs will be torn between admonishing Schumer for her lack of kindness and deference to someone he likes, but afraid to criticize her because she's a woman. Intriguing.

Genuine Question - is the "Climb with NK Management Clients" taking place on Saturday or Sunday? I'm just wondering how Tubs will make it out Whest if it's Saturday? A helicopter?

I assume the whole event is being filmed for not just the RTE News but likely some 2 hour documentary some evening in the future too.

Also, did Tubs feature in that ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUSLY BAD song (and accompanying cringe-inducing video)? If not, it wasn't very kind of him, was it?

• Advertisement

It's very peculiar and intriguing how this woman's violent death at the hands of a male didn't receive anything like the outpouring of grief (and hysteria) that Aisling's did. To use a Tubs analogy, is it because she doesn't look like us?

It's very sad what happened to both, but why was one treated so differently in the mainstream Irish media? And that's before we talk about the competitive grieving nonsense that went on amongst certain cohorts in social media trying to out virtue signal each other expressing their "grief" over Aisling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭StevenToast

You hit the nail on the head butters....she simply doesnt "look like us".........tubridy and his kind are indifferent to this just like when brown people are being blown to bits......doesnt register on tubridys radar....

"Fascinating"......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

“Ryan, I’m in tears listening to you talk about Bruce Willis…”

Tubs discussing Crypto should be good, up there with his sporting knowledge I bet.

More Instagram is de bestest and kindest place in de wurldid nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Instagram isn’t “needy”?!?!

I completely disagree with that one.

• Advertisement

Tubs impending Court Case a la Miriam v Facebuke will be bound to enrich him further. Thank heavens for that, he might actually be able to pay for something now.

• People stopping me all the time as I promenade as I prepare to climb the mountain with Charlie.

I have become a cryptocurrency promoter according to social media.

Imagine Ryan trying to learn about the workings of cryptocurrency; would be pure comedy.

• Ryan planning to sue Meta.

Did Ryan say he is using rte staff to work with social media companies to take down ads?

Whilst I have no doubt he wouldn't have a clue, can you imagine the Buffoonasauraus himself from Da Lahv Lahn trying to get his head around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

So it's only LADS with Linden village who were mean (bad eggs) to him.

So self unaware 🤔

"I may not be far behind her"

In other words, he's already started this legal process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Hobbidy gleefully jumps all over an illness he's never heard of, after he REVEALS he's using RTE staff to chase down scam ads on Facebook which feature his image.

Yup.

It's absolutely bonkers the sh*t these contactors get away with. Dee Forbes which is it - are they contractors or not. Because if not, let them pay PAYE Tax. Duffy wanted sick pay when he was off with his leg injury too! They really live in a parallel universe.

• I have been studying crypto & dark web etc a little, I’ve enough knowledge now to set up a scam IF I were so inclined. Everybody should learn a little chunk of this simply to understand where the pitfalls are.

Lots of fake news out there. Next we will be told that Ryan was laughing and taking the piss about the war in Ukraine when we all know that Ryan has supported the Ukrianians and their president right from the get go.

Just to add that it was also fake news that Ryan took the piss out of bald people live on national television.

I'm writing a complaint on this one.

Once again the deluded entitled twit sees nothing wrong in this.

• He must have been reading his brother’s medicaL literature.

• Large piles of savings… yes Ryan YOU may have tons of that, but most people are getting a tad worried about paying bills.

Would you consider resigning yourself Bryan? I assure you it would be a very kind thing to do for those of us who consumer media in Ireland, and the RTE Coffers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement