Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

When I think back over the last year and more’s posts in this thread, especially about his inability to press the right button, stick to the running order and make it to the news at 4pm on time, or not trip over himself apologising for being a man, and indeed all of mankind (and I don’t mean humankind here, I mean the ones with ….. oh, I’d better not go down that road, but you hopefully get my drift) then someone in RTÉ ain’t bothering to deal with one of the worst radio show hosts I’ve encountered.

I was going to write ‘… one of the poorest radio…..” but then I remembered, one thing he ain’t, is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Listen pal, if I was a MOD I’d threadban you for that post.

Never mention ‘porridge’ on this thread, it’s ‘PURRIDGE…..remember that……PURRIDGE.

I’ll throw you some slack cause you’re new…. Hahahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Breaking news...Brave D'Arcy will NOT be appologising for discussing periods on yesterday's show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭avfc1874

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

He had a refugee on today who has literally just arrived at 5 the day before , she was an amazing woman with an unreal story over the last 2 weeks , not probably different from most of the people fleeing. She ran the whole interview explaining her plight and the timeline and challenges she has faced with her evacuating from Ukraine. Ray literally did not take a lead and just hit her with a few fluffy questions without really using the opportunity he had in front of him to learn more of what people are going through. He did show empathy but really I would not have surprised if he had asked her her favourite colour! He is shockingly bad at doing anything outside hairdresser topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

NK Management's Dermot Bannon among today's guests. Hasn't featured on RTE for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another mistake within the first 2 secs.

Man is a pro.

... And Dermot Bannon is on the show.

Must be at least a few hours since he was last on RTE.

He wouldn't happen to be a client of NK Management would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Funny you should ask

There really needs to be an investigation into the relationship between "NK talent" and RTE (and othere media outlets as well) . If the entire NK stable was off Irish TV for a day, the total home produced output would be about 45 minutes!

Questions definitely need to be asked.

The link between RTE and NK Management is self feeding. It's cyclical. Suits both parties.

• Advertisement

So NK management put out press releases on how great such+such rte TV/ radio show was

ANd then said rte shows have NK management clients - stars 🤔 on their shows . And tell them how great they are.

Rinse and repeat

It's a win all around , except for the license payer 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaaaaysus, imagine going on holidays with this fella! 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I wonder if any of our RTE stars will be registering on the Red Cross website to put up a desperate family in their houses or holiday homes?

Or any of our politicians too?

I reckon it would be less than 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joe Duffy already stated that holiday homes in Mayo would be too rural for refugees, who he assumes all want to stay in Dublin city. The holiday homes of rte staff will remain empty for now, in any event Riffin Ryan might need somewhere to escape go fishing if he seems some bothersome humanitarian disaster on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

happened to catch some of the start of the show today. Wheels and doors… ffs he’s paid nearly 500K and wheels and doors and which one is there more of in the world. You couldn’t make this stuff up. Which was followed by a countdown to a U2 song and when it actually played there was an audible sigh of relief that he hadn’t ballsed it up.

Ray D'Arcy and Anne Gildea discussing the menopause - that's what passes for entertainment these days 🤑

Has she a new show to shill? Of course she does (How to get The Menopause & Enjoy It.)

There's 5 people working on the Ray Darcy show 6 with him .

Wow 😲🤢🤮 at least 6 people working on that Rubish.....

UN fcuking believable 😡😡😡😒

• Advertisement

Imelda may on again.🤔

Time before last Raymond said sorry to hear about your loss of your mother,,,,,,

She's not dead Ray 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sing Street is class to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ahh so he didn't ask how her mother was doing?

Did she read a poem?

I'm sure Ray spent plenty of time blowing smoke up her a$$. She's an rte luvvie now.

The state of the statue the people of Ennistymon (understandably) didn't want in their town! Ray plamasing the artist now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

‘Friend of the programme’ NI.

Heard that expression a lot recently……what does it actually mean?

Handouts to the presenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

I’ve always felt he’s probably a stallion under the sheets. Or maybe a slick eel or silver fox lol go on yah good thing yah

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

It’s very good for d&d or lords of the ring or something he’s obviously got talent

All Ray is doing is playing music today. Has he finally conceded that he's wasting his time interviewing anybody because he has the persnality of a tub of yoghurt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Advertisement