Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joe immediately took a dim view of her after that. YOU CAN NOT CORRECT JOE.

• Meanwhile the queue at Dublin Airport has reached Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Wat de feck is going on wid de time-keeping of Boards software, an' dat?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It's on the list of to do'd so it should be sorted in time for the Dublin City Marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So the exact opposite of Joe’s situation then?

• Advertisement

Yes.

I have been a patient there since the 1980s. I can confidently say they apart from investment in machinery they’ve spent in the region of €20 doing it up since then. It’s like going back in time.

Fun fact about the Eye and Ear #1: I spent 5 weeks there in 2006 as an in-patient when I almost lost the sight in my left eye. I wasn’t allowed read or watch tv. That was a verrrrrrry long 5 weeks. It was actually where I first heard an episode of Da Lahv Lahn.

Fun fact about the Eye and Ear #2: I once had to get a taxi from Heuston Station to the Eye and Ear with my mother as a young teenager. My mother said “Adelaide Road please” to the Dubalin taxi driver when we got into the taxi and he asked “are yisser all goin’ to de Ioneer?”. Unfamiliar as I was with Dubalinese at the time despite being a part-time resident of the city I politely said “No, we’re going to the Eye and Ear Hospital” and Whacker McTaxi said “yeah dats whor I said - de Ioneer”. I was about to correct him again when my mother stopped me. I wasn’t even being a smart ass, I honestly thought he was mistaken as I had no idea what this “Ioneer” thing of his was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

No need Cawler, the putrid stench will explain all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Brilliant story 😁 the taxi driver sounded like the infamous lock hards you'd see out side stadiums and concert venues.

I was a patient there also , had been incorrectly prescribed binocular type glasses which I wore for a few years, teachers thought I was quite stupid as I couldn't read, it turned out I couldn't see as everything was a blurr , glasses almost blinded me .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Joe: Wit yer vast experience in de Ioneer are you free to take a call about deaf people tamarra? You can put a frame on it for us he he he he he he he - dja follow me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

On tomorrow's Liveline:

A deaf, Ukrainian refugee going through the menopause, who has long Covid and suffers from chronic pain and can't get versatis.

She also has a One 4 All card that is worth €3.90 less than it was last month.

• Advertisement

• It’s connected to a bug in JavaScript, where methods for Time Zones are smooth enough, but Daylight Savings is not so straightforward. There’s quite the number of questions online asking for/suggesting workarounds. Boards is likely to implement forward time the time of the clocks going back 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This programme is sinking rapidly.

It has been changing from a lively programme where the host jousted with all types of wingnuts, flappers,tossers,arse holes, gobby mares …and so on.

You could expect anything to happen as the host threw cannisters of petterell on every row.

Now stuff goes on for three or four shows is all choreographed and has lost all its volatility.

where’s Yew? Bring him back, always a good show with Yew.

At least ring the taxi rank on Aston Quay and get a few cosies on the air.

Gone very poor so it has.

• I have a Liveline-worthy story of de Ioneer. When I was a chiseler & playing with my friend down the road, she accidentally tore my sclera with her fingernail. I went home with part of my eyeball peeled back and bleeding. My parents phoned the GP (you could phone him any time back then) and he phoned de Ioneer where a surgeon was on standby as me parents raced me there. De grim operating theatre had red tiles and the surgeon did a procedure under local anaesthetic. 7 year old chiseleur snowflakes would nowadays be sedated for that, but there was no anaesthetist on duty and the procedure had to be expedited. Grim place, what I could see if it. Building is beautiful on outside, but inside it is like a prison.

• In the podcast they edited my contribution out as it didn’t suit the agenda that everything about the menopause is miserable, and that pleasures of the flesh become distinctly stronger. Something that other ladies experience too. Taking HRT would actually spoil things 😂

Joe has an AGENDA and you will stand to be ridiculed if you don’t comply. Menopause Hub women addressed me on Twitter, one was so furious she said “wait til you lose all your sex drive” . She seemed to think I was a newbie to menopause, and would get my “come-uppance” to use an ironic phrase 😂

You cannot disagree with Joe or his agenda-cronies on any topic or you get a dose of bitchiness (from men too)

That sounds lovely caller!

I can confirm de red tiles are still there caller.

it’s strange that it’s so nice outside and yet they’ve repeatedly failed to do anything to improve the aesthetic on the inside so to speak…..

• It was depressing in the 1960s, it is depressing now (or at least as I last saw it about 10 years ago)

It sounds like you went through the mill so to speak 😳

I always thought the place would make a perfect set for a horror movie. I'm 54 and still recall the creeps the place gave me.

De red toyles are to disguise de blud, innit.

Can you imagine the screams and commotion if de chislers saw the streaks, splashes and runs on the whoyte toyles.

• When I was 6 years old my mother was visiting her aunt after a cataract operation. In those days they kept people motionless after such, the way they have to do now after complex retinal tear surgery. Children were not allowed visit eye patients in case they upset the patient and rendered them blind, so I was not allowed into the ward or make noise outside either. My mother told me to remain downstairs in the hall, and I remember complying as I certainly didn’t want the aunt going blind on account of me. My memory is of a bust in an alcove on the staircase, probably some famous pioneering eye doctor. I was bored silly and kept on running up and down to examine that bust, but otherwise I was very well behaved, quite unusual for me.

PS I googulled it and there’s the picture on top, Oscar Wilde’s Da

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

She is working in banking 365 so her job so it always involves working on phone as customer service. She obviously has taken this option but never told me as she would understand it wouldn't suit me. I do understand how this works benefit most but if your renting a room with someone in a 2 bed apt it means I never have my own space anymore. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this but I guess nothing I can do. I wasn't planning on putting her out, but she is here now 12 years and I thought she would have moved on by now. She also works every 4th Saturday and has zero hobbies!!! This is majorly p***ing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

When you say motionless, is this the same as Joe's Audience have been recently, Cawlur 🤔😁

• ButtersSuki had to lay motionless in Ioneer for 5 weeks, not even a wa*k, that is where he was introduced to Liveline. Basically lack of motion and listening to it are synonymous. Except when a Dalek voyis comes on or there’s a fight with MOL. Then the eyesight could be ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's a chance for Joe to show off his sporting knowledge today.

Apparently David and Victoria Beckham's house was robbed by Bad Bad Bastards yesterday.

They claim that thousands of ££'s worth of stuff was taken from their home.

I think that's a load of balls.

Browsing through Boards this morning as one does whilst having a spot of Breky, I'm greeting with this little reminder and can for some reason think of Joe Duffy & Other Montrosia "Contractors" and all that is wrong with the legal requirement to have TV Licence 🙄 its like being required to have a licence to have one's intelligence questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Joe might play it safe tomorrow and have an easy day to end the week having cawlurs telling the sad tale of how much they paid for a scone/skon.

Here's something to while away the idle minutes while waiting for Joe to say something sensible or interesting.

https://slapchris.com/?fbclid=IwAR29oZCrR224oDvasY8fUHZrul80ZtJ5VXIkk-PtToExVAn7BMlcx6tqHBw

My god its chilly on the willy this morning, so to speak , me Cockles & Muscle frozen 🥶

Could it be an oppertune moment for our Host to discuss , Savage, Vicious , unpreeeecidented electrick and heating costs 🤔

Definitely a day for Curry Coddle me thinks 😁

• My north-facing bedroom is perishing, my south-facing living room is quite cosy.

• Advertisement

I had to reach for .....

I was out early cutting up Fiore wood

🥶

Advertisement