Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just looked this up, 2022.4.5 removed the ability to keeping going the USB source if last used. I suppose Tesla make no money from non-subscription services so downgraded this ability. It then defaults to the Tidal logon screen as Audio "launcher" when getting into the car, so I removed Tidal as a source as I've no intention of subscribing.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

When I log in and view my order, there is no expected delivery date displayed... is this normal? The order was only placed at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

I moved my disc holder to the top of the screen, prefer it there out of my eye line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

The whole disc thing in this country is one of my major irritants and a complete is bollox. There is no need for this in 2022 and should be done away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How else will some noisy person report you for no discs. I caught a woman in my local; town checking my windscreen about 20 years ago. I told her to fúck off. Noisy bítch. I had everything but height of bad manners. I was working in a house with the van parked outside and seen her at it through the window.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Picked up my M3 (SR+) today. Its such a great car already - I think I've pushed every setting (not many buttons) already.

Quick one: is auto park / Park assist not available in Ireland? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I think only if you have purchased enhanced autopilot.

Congrats by the way😊

Thanks, it's such a great drive. Really loving it.

Seems strange as I have the FSD package on the car and everything else works as you'd expect (Although, I'm not sure I fully trust it yet at motorway junctions like M50 to M1, it wanted to take that at 80 which is the limit there but I wasn't so sure 😁).

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

If you have FSD welcome to the club.

you can autopark but it is a little hit and miss. Drive slowly in front of parked cars in a place with marked parking spaces the car should pick up that you are trying to park and offer to assist.

• Advertisement

That’s part of the EAP system alright. I find it ok on the Model S, but you have to be driving slow enough for the car to think your looking for a spot. Once you stop and the P logo appears, you just press that while in reverse or something.

Imhavent fully tried it yet mind your 😂

Had auto park for two years, never used it once, it’s a gimmick really, same as summon, never used it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’m not sure I like the minimalist nature of the Model 3. Anyone with me?

@Gael23 admittedly, I might have investment bias, but I really like the simplicity of it.

I like it, hence the move from the MS to the M3.

I get into her 520d now and I’m like, wtf do all these buttons do 😂

I fnd the car incredibly simple to drive, even the first test drive I felt at home within a few minutes, once I had mastered the slightly unusual indicator stalk. I find I spend very little time looking at the screen, but when I do it is very clear and easy to change heater settings etc. And autopilot controls are so simple and intuitive.

And similar to my previous VW you just get in, drive and get out when finished. No pressing start buttons, bings and bongs, turning on handbrakes etc. And seats, steeringwheel and mirrors all set to your phone or keycard makes life so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

So I charged the car last night to 50% limit (charged to 100% earlier in the week) and it automatically adjusted it to 100% which is annoying as I charge from PV during sunny days. As we have another EV at home today I can charge that instead but what's the point in having a charge limit if overridden. I assume this is just an initial calibration of battery exercise by the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Has anybody had trouble with the dashcam/sentry usb corrupting or getting full?

Thought the Tesla provided USB drive had failed, bought another 120gb drive and the same happens. Need to keep formatting the USB to keep it reliable

Newbie question - for chaging a non-wireless charging phone, are the USB ports and the 12v socket powered by the 12v battery or the main battery pack?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

yes,

sorry, misread question, but from the 12v, and the 12v gets charged up when the main traction battery is being used.

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

It all has to come from the main battery pack eventually.

FWIW one day when I was bored I worked out that every time you charge an average smartphone from 0-100% you loose about 80 metres of range..😁

Thanks, good to know about the ports. That takes some excellent mathematical prowess to calculate that distance. I'd be raging if I pull up 80m short of a charger because of my phone (I know, I know no one would ever actually let their EV battery get so low, but the mental image hit me straight away with this fact😀)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

At least you'd have your phone charged to call the roadside assistance!!!

Every cloud and all that.....

You may need more than a phone charge to get through to roadside assistance..😆

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Everyone is busy enjoying their new cars. traffic on forum has come to a halt 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

What are peoples views on sentry mode? Useful? Too much battery drain? I see Tesla recommend for the LFP battery not to use at home so the car can deep sleep periodically.

ive also had the double beep issue with the boot where it stops before desired height. Seems to be a software bug according to UK forum.

Post edited by speedfreak on

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

I think sentry mode is a good idea but it does drain the battery too much and I’m not sure it spots all the events it could. I tend to switch it on if I’m charging at a public charger for a while as it gives some confidence that the car is protected while I’m away from it. I wondered why they offered a switch off at home option but I thought it might be because people have Nest doorbells and the like these days

I’ve had the boot thing once or twice in 6 weeks of ownership. Be nice if they sort it out as it happened once when I was showing a neighbour round the car. He had a sneaky smile when that happened.

My main concern with the car is that when I was using autosteer on the motorway last night the car twice seemed to veer towards trucks I was overtaking. The trucks were to my left, I was in lane 2 and the car showed the truck on the screen so I don’t think it was confusing it with something else. I’m not sure if it would have hit them as I grabbed control before there was time to find out but it was unsettling. Anyone else seen this? Other than that autosteer seems generally good at maintaining a consistent position in the lane.

• Advertisement

I have mine on but excluding home as the house has its own cctv set up.

I have it on at work as I’d be charging away.

If I knew I’d be parking somewhere for an extended time (and by that I mean a few days) then I’d consider turning it off depending on the situation.

Advertisement