Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with bad credit

• 17-09-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have a credit card with BOI since I was a student (it's still a student credit card).

I lived abroad for the past 17 years and had been paying it off through my mother - who it appears now sometimes paid it after the date required. Therefore I believe I must have bad credit. I have recently moved back from abroad and wish to apply for a mortgage.

This credit card is at my parents address and not attached to my current address.

Was wondering if you could answer my questions:

I thought credit history was only given to lenders for the last 2 years - but on some forums people advise 5 years. I know the agency keep 5 years on you but they clearly state that they only provide the lender with the most recent 2 years conduct on the account - I'm confused??

If I open up a current account at Ulster Bank and apply to them for a mortgage, if I don't supply them with my old home address will they still attach this card to me?

Thanks in advance,
    A

Comments

Advertisement