Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,945 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

maybe you and Francie can discuss accountability 😂😂 while your at it

Delighted to discuss it.

Cluedo, what do you think of the power-swap's record on accountability? We can discuss this particular governments record on that to keep it on topic. Please don't deflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You said "Any politician I have met is trying to do good." I am giving you recent examples from FG where that is patently untrue.

Dara Murphy FG

Cork is well used to being let down by the Fine Gael TDs. Didn't Dara Murphy rob us all blind while chasing a European job.

FG’s Dara Murphy: based in Brussels for two years but claiming €4,300 monthly Dáil allowance (irishtimes.com)

Cork North Central TD Dara Murphy has claimed his full parliamentary and travel allowances of €4,300 per month despite not having spoken in the Dáil for almost two years.

Mr Murphy has attended the Dáil on 24 of the 70 sitting days this year. Most of the days he has been present have been Thursdays, the day most votes are cast.

He has the lowest attendance record of all 158 TDs.

However, Mr Murphy has been recorded as being present in Leinster House on 55 non-sitting days – among the highest of all TDs.

Most of these days have been Mondays and Fridays, when he was en route to, or returning from, Brussels or other European cities. The 55 days includes 12 days in August.

I believe Leo asked Dara nicely to return the fraudulent expenses...any luck?😉

New Politics is deep in the trough.

Next please...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Why did they now show accountability to you? 🤦‍♂️

You do realise the shower of incompetents you follow will need to go into coalition with the parties you are currently slagging off?

If you got a good quality video editor,kept it short/concise and under 25 to 30seconds

you could make a tidy youtube series,which would trend well id say....datadump it facebooķ/insta and watch views climb,could easily be monitise it

(Though block reports from political partisans could kill it,but across spectum would make for good content to release in run up to elections and id be suprised if didnt trend well for ya)

It reads as easy to follow anyway,reasonable good quality stuff,its wasted entertainimg on msg board

Edit: tik tok would be a good medium too

Francie, accountability is a dirty word for FF and FG. They talk about it and promise to reform but its all nonsense. New Politics.

RTE Investigates completely exposed the BS last week when they highlighted the fraud, corruption, waste of public money, mismanagement, and lack of oversight and accountability.

Council chamber secrets: Misconduct, falsehoods & waste (rte.ie)

In 2015, the prospect of ethics law reform was on the political agenda when a proposed piece of legislation, the Public Sector Standards Bill, was presented to the Dáil.

Under this legislation, a new Office of Public Sector Standards Commissioner was proposed, in addition to various other reforms that had been initially recommended in the Mahon Tribunal.

The commissioner would have the power to initiate investigations, even in the absence of a complaint. (Currently, the Standards in Public Office Commission can only initiate inquiries upon receiving a complaint.) It would also have powers to impose fines.

"For the first time, a uniform framework of ethical regulations will apply at national and local level in Ireland," said Brendan Howlin, the then-Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, in a Dáil debate in January 2016.

"There will now be a consistency of approach to ethical obligations across the public sector and, in a new departure, overarching integrity principles for public officials will be enshrined in legislation."

Of course, all of this sounded promising. But progress on the legislation later ground to a halt.

In August 2017, Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe wrote to the Oireachtas Finance Committee to warn that it was "essential that the Committee now quickly moves" to schedule the completion of thecommittee stage of the proposed legislation.

Mr Donohoe said that this was necessary because of the "public interest in implementing the recommendations" of the Mahon Tribunal.

But this request had little impact.

When asked for an update on the legislation in June 2019, an Oireachtas official replied that the Dáil term was due to finish the following month and that "All our remaining meetings are fully accounted for, and there are no plans to deal with this Bill in the remaining time".

The delays continued, and once the 2020 General Election was called, the bill died.

With the Public Sector Standards Bill now a distant memory, the Government's latest initiative is a "review" of ethics legislation. In November 2021, the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Michael McGrath, told the Dáil that this review had begun, describing it as "a very significant body of work".

"We still have outstanding recommendations from tribunals of inquiry that reported several years ago, and I am determined to make progress in that area," said Mr McGrath.

Given the pace of reform, it doesn't appear that anything meaningful will happen anytime soon.

As John Devitt of Transparency International Ireland put it, "Turkeys don't vote for Christmas."

"And politicians are not inclined to want more meaningful or thorough oversight."

• Advertisement

How pathetic is this. Off you go I couldn’t give a flying ….as they say 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

What about yourself are you happy to vote SF knowing they would possibly need to go into coalition with FF or FG to form a government?

So you are blaming FG and FF's various coalition parties for being incompetent and not the lead party's in those coalitions.

OK...I see where this is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Would you say the same as some using the word 'stench' in a post about a party?

Well said

All the hard work done for years by the people of ireland and a group want to tell everyone how terrible it is. They should br ashamed of themselves only they are brainwashed with propaganda

• Advertisement

A chara, you can’t see where anything is going. You complain about accountability and then support a party with zero accountability

You slag off parties all day and in a few years you will be telling everyone how great they are. Wake up

Yes, and not a comment on it from the diehards here. Except to deflect, look over there etc etc etc etc.

They = People that are still loyal FF & FG supporters.

I remember the 1970s and 1980s and it was grim. The people of Ireland got us out of that mess and demanded better across the boards. We woke up. It wasn't FF or Rome. I remember the Charvet shirts, the yacht, the island. I remember living beyond our means. I remember his henchmen like Ahern and Flynn and Burke. I remember the ineffective tribunals. I adored Garret Fitzgerald who I perceived as the best and most honest politician since Michael Collins.

But I detest corruption, fraud, cronyism, greed, inequality, dishonesty, bureaucracy, persecution...and I will not vote for it. I don't know how anyone does to be honest.

Good night.

If you think we are currently under rule from a government you are deluded. The other posters comments were disgusting trying to imply we are but have at it.

I don't 'support' a party, I vote for party's.

If the one I vote for has no accountability when they get into government then they won't get my vote.

With you guys, the lack of accountability is a plus. Witness what happened here just recently when government inaction has resulted in fraud and corruption throughout local government even though they promised to reform it and had key recommendations to go on.

NOT A WORD OF CRITICISM...just deflect deflect deflect and endorse voting for them again.

If they adapt the entirety of the sf manifesto,legislative agenda and more to agree tackle each and every issue facing state,then no problem....sf can govern with the dup,they can manage with anyone

Its change what we want,but parties hopelessly compromised by decades of staleness and unwillingless to do their job,(they wontbother to sort covid now-too much hassle,same as how they let healthcare,infrastructure and housing decend into mess it is now....i know yous feel any critique of ffg rule and state is disgusting,but have at it)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So which party did the people wake up to and vote for so that got us out of this mess you speak of?

Going by your logic the people can get us out of this shithole again without the need for government parties?????

I never said anything like that. I was just asking if using the word 'stench' would be disgusting for you, like the stench of corruption from FG would turn you away from them?

• Advertisement

What has Rome got to do with anything? Another silly silly statement

Yes the politicians got us out, the decision made like corporate tax, secondary school education, etc etc all made ireland the country it is, plus all the people that worked hard to make thing better

Then we have a little online mob running around slagging everyone off and telling everyone how terrible ireland is.

Dishonestly, it’s strange you know how to spell the word.

Demanding people do their best and wanting country run better isnt putting ireland down

What your suffering from is a form of 'bigotry of low expectations',your content with mid-of-road,half-assed sh1te,as you seen worse and feel we arent capable of better

Theres not one iota wrong,with wanting a better performing government,if you honestly feel this half-assed messing is best ffg can do,you set v.low stamdreds for what you want from your rulers

Nothing quiet like an ad homenim attack when/if anyone dare and deosnt provide the answer yous want

Quiet what went wrong in your life,that you spend your nights attempting (poorly) to insult people online for simple crime of seeing world different is beyond me,but yous have at it,ha long bay

You don't think investing in education is a good idea?

I think its a bit of a non-sequiter to a post,which in effect amounted to an ad-homnium attack

Given i have no problem critising ffg rule for letting us with among highest class sizes in europe,i suspect you have just ignored my posts

and now are trying to hide behind pedantry and doublespeak to paper over your increasingly borderline abusive ad homenium attacks,(note,ive been nothing but polite in any interactions)quiet why government supporters are given a free reign to carryon like yous lot is beyond me,but such is life

What are you on about? You said healthcare, infrastructure and housing need attention. I suggested education could also do with some focus. Do you not agree? I think there is a big issue there now post pandemic with inflated grades etc. that need addressing.

I see Paddy is off on a rant again today. Seems he is following the same line of though as some posters on here and that everyone in Ireland has achieved nothing.

Bang on analysis which couldn't be more evident than it is here.

Cannot defend government failure, attack everyone else to deflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Oh so you agree with Paddy Cosgrave this time around? Did you agree with him when he was lying about dead nurses?

• Advertisement

No self awareness at all banging on about the elite when he was happy to sell jumpers for €780.

At least his recent rant is not scaring nurses with false information so that's something.

Advertisement