Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone had front sensors installed on the Ioniq 5 executive?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Sh1te. I've got the charger installed already! I've contacted lease company for an update so fingers crossed there is something on this shipment for me but not confident now 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

Maybe worth proactively contacting seai to explain and requesting extension to the 6 month date?

(And over email so a paper trail exists!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

We asked dealer about getting it installed and he said they aren't installing the kits in Ireland because of problems with how they affect the other sensors. I think that's a pile of sh**e and am going to look into it a bit more. They install them elsewhere in Europe. Should really be coming with them as standard.Having been used to having those sensors on previous car it's very frustrating not having them now. Especially with it being difficult to gauge how close the front of this car is to a wall etc.

By any chance were you told that in Waterford? (Just guessing with your name).

I'm sure we'd get used to not having sensors on the front but it doesn't make sense not to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Just got call from Hyundai Navan to say my Premium Plus order has been delayed to July. Car ordered in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I've just been told delay in my Premium Plus too. Order in Jan also for end of March delivery. My contact is telling me mine will arrive in 4 weeks though. I'm very dubious....how can I find out the shipments of Ioniq 5 coming into Ireland? Someone on here had info that the carrier arriving into Cork yesterday morning was carrying a load and that tallied up with what I was told my delivery date would be. Would there really be a delivery again in 4 weeks and again in July as @ongarite has been told?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

There are no Premium Plus available until end of May/June at earliest so not 4 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Thats spot on we ordered ours last week and were looking at the system theres still a few free cars that are available showing as may 30th arrival but id say that will be slightly delayed, hope for a delay to july just to have 222

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Fell victim to the dreaded dead 12 volt battery this evening. As soon as I put the boost charger on the car came to life and the boost charger will now take up residence in the frunk - perhaps that is what the frunk was designed for 😀.

I just wonder if there is a connection between the low main battery level of 16% and use of accessories at such low battery levels as the car decides to preserve range rather than charging the 12 volt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Ya that's right. Bolands Waterford. They were very good to deal with I must say overall.

That's who I was talking to as well and they've been excellent so far.

Disappointed about the front sensors but it is what it is.

I was looking at an Enyaq IV60 today and the spec difference between it and the Executive Ioniq 5 is ridiculous at a very similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Very likely longer delays on any EV in the VW group their really effected by wiring loom supplier in Ukraine apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Is there a main dealer fix for this?what if you have to be somewhere and don't have a booster?would'nt be a impressed for a new car if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emergio

Hi All! New happy owner of Ioniq5 executive plus here. Looking for advice. I did so far under 800km in this car. Most of it commuting to work from Navan to Dublin through N/M 2, so mix of town, motorway and country roads.

Is it normal to have 0% of battery care?

Would those figures looking ok? On motorway I'm doing 110km/h.

Anyone doing similar trips and could share their experience?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I bought one of these and leave it permanently plugged into lighter socket -

I've noticed that sometimes it shows just over 12v (i.e. 12v battery not being charged) and sometimes 13 or 14v (i.e. 12v battery being charged). Haven't noticed any real pattern though!

If you put car in "UTIL" mode it'll force it to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

5km/kwh seems about right for today at 110km/h. Overall figure of 3km/kwh seems very low! Could be issue with App. Have you had the car for the whole period measured i.e. from 3/3/21?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Here's mine Emergio if its any good to you

I have a premium 73kwh. 11,000kms picked it up end of January

Lots of motorway in that at 120kph

No idea if figures are good bad indifferent dont think I ever even looked at this screen until you posted, just drove the car 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mark010

Hi Guys,

Pulled my order for a Skoda Enyak (due to low spec options, hidden dealer delivery costs, wait time). Neighbour picked up the Ioniq 5 last week and the wife loves the look of it. Going to test drive one tomorrow. Dealer again quoting 2k on top of advertised price (41k for exec, 44 for exec plus, 48k for premium.)

Not to be posted here, but if anyone bought their ionic 5 and would recommend their dealer/deals they happened to get, shoot me a DM. Based in Dublin but no problem travelling to negotiate prices. Prefer the chrome sills to the black plastic so be interested to hear any good prices on the premium model.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the advertised cost is excluded delivery and charges. thats the same for all new cars

• Advertisement

This is a widely reported problem around the world, and not just with Hyundai EVs. It seems to only affect lead acid batteries. Tesla’s and VW having had similar problems are in the process of converting to Lithium -ion. Takes less than a couple of minutes to fix with a jump starter.

There was some thought that on the Ioniq 5 it may have been linked to a fault with the charger port door but this does not always seem to be the case.

In the words of the service manager, ‘don’t believe the figures on the app’. It’s fine for remotely heating, locking, charging and for giving the same real time range figure as displayed in the car. The other figures are very much a work of fiction. Go back on the forum to March 29 and look at my post which shows the actual figures for my 312 kms trip on March 27, compiled from the car and the figures on the app for the same trip. I’m surprised the app hasn’t been entered for the Booker prize as an exceptional work of fiction.

All models, particularly the more expensive models are in short supply with long delivery times and, frankly, limited colour choices. There are stories circulating in the U.K., US, and at least one from Ireland of owners of cars selling for more than they paid. Certainly people have been approached to sell cars they haven’t yet received for more than the delivered price.

Most people who have received their cars are thankful they have arrived as ordered as the changes that came in in late January changed the specs of some cars ordered but not built.

If you can find a dealer wishing to negotiate you should be extremely careful that he isn’t wearing green, be lacking in height and sitting on a rocking horse which has just left its droppings near the end of a rainbow.

Post edited by PhilBky on

Order going in today on an Executive hopefully and I think we're going to go for Lucid Blue.

Anyone have this colour in Executive on here? Be interested in seeing how it's holding up.

We were thinking White and Teal Green but this is the front runner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭eagerv

Saw one in Lucid Blue, looked well. Best of luck..

I'd prefer White but I'm being over ruled here. I suppose it's going to be her car so she should have the final choice 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

Haven't done a lot of night driving yet, but I had to take a trip to Enniscorthy the other night and one thing I noticed was that when in cruise mode, the slightest downhill dip in the road obviously triggered the regen, but it also lit up the road behind me with very bright brake lights. This happened quite frequently and it occurred to me that if I'd been driving behind I'd have got quite irritated and be wondering why the guy in the Ioniq had such a nervous foot. The problem doesn't seem so apparent when using the iPedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It would be a welcome change from all of the one headlamp out merchants I met the last time I was down around enniscorthy (back roads outside the town ) I met at least 5 in one 10km stretch, it was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That teal is a lovely colour, not too flash and in your face but also doesn't hide all the design lines of the car.

Seeing a good few of these around in the last week. Such a great looking car. Love the front and rear lights along with that sharp line on the doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

If the recent posts about 12v battery failures are making anyone nervous, this Power Bank from Mick's Garage is a good deal.

https://tinyurl.com/2fv4z4m7

I have one on order, which I'll keep in the frunk.

Advertisement