Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

First one is overpriced by about €1000-€1500 - but not outrageous.

I can guess by the font on the 2nd one as to whom that is from at this stage. LOL. That's closer to the mark, but it's still probably a little overpriced. I'd have pegged that to be about €9500-€10K myself, so while it's over.......it's not over by much. Still if you can haggle a little bit there for a few hundred (let's say €200) and you'd be doing pretty well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭rameire

They look like they are pumping the quotes out.

12 PANELS 370 WATT 4.4 KW JA SOLAR 

5 KW HYBRID SOLIS INVERTER

5 KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

WI FI DONGLE

PRICE 10 900 EUROS INC.VAT.

GRANT 2400 EUROS INC,VAT,

TOTAL 8500 EUROS.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 15 techtrainer

hi all,

I've been reading the forum with interest and received 2 quotes myself recently. The first I think is way off. Shall we say its from a well known glazing company that do solar also. They quoted 11770 ex grant for 14 x 370w panels, eddi, 5kw inverter, no battery! I told them it was steep and got 5 mins of waffle. The second is from a northern company, 11900 ex grant for similar to the above but with 5kw of battery. This is more like it but still thinking it can be beaten. I'm aware prices are rising as with everything else, but thoughts on this quotes?

And thanks for providing all this wonderful info

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Anyone know if there is only 1 company in Ireland doing solar as a service?

Had Terrible experience with one today, 3 weeks waiting for an engineer to call me and then didn't call at time agreed time. I tried calling only (got voicemail) and then got an email after saying "your roof isn't suitable"

Terrible customer service. Even a call to explain is too much apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AGC22

How do I edit a post I've made on boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Jesus I hope you made a decision on a installer after that info drop

• Registered Users Posts: 28 corkoniense

Hi I appreciate companies aren't named/reviewed publicly here, but could I PM someone the names of 3 companies that provided me quotes? Each quote has something to recommend it but if I knew the company was or wasn't reliable then I could make a decision.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,468 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Why don't you just put your quotes up here without naming the companies. You'll get better feedback. PMs can be infiltrated with shills and installers.

• Advertisement

13 panels at 4.9kWp for €7400

Less grant of €2,400 leaves a price of 5k even.

Includes inverter and installation etc.

No battery or diverter

What doyou think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

Another one today:

20 PANELS 370 WATT 7.44 KW JA SOLAR

6KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

5 KW PIRE DRIVE BSATTERY

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

WI FI dongle

TOTAL 11,100 EUROS after grant

• Registered Users Posts: 45,468 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

4.9 kWp for 5k net?

Snap their hand off.

The other quotes aren't near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

Anyone know which panels are more superior - solarwatt or jenko panels.

Both suppliers have obviously said theirs are better. solarwatt have 30 year guarantee and Jenko is 12 year.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Absolute proof of €1k per 1kWp of panels - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Ginger83

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aleesi

They must be really busy these days ... hope they can deliver, in fairness they seem to offer everyone the same "ABC" with little variations (number of panels / battery size), it seems to work fine and they must get the grant straight forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Snopake

Wondering if someone would have guidance on this. I am looking to put panels in the roof but will at some point in the future (probably ~2 years time) be converting my attic and installing dormer windows. Is there much work involved in moving panels or would I be better off waiting until windows are in? I'm assuming that having them in the shadows of the window for part of the day would render them pretty useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 markrish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 stevenbergin

Could I ask you to ask PM that company also. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 valy1972

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

Hi

With the current rises in electricity I am giving serious consideration to installing solar PV. I have read much on this forum and while it is very informative at highlighting the disparity in pricing it is quite difficult to determine if it is worth doing it or not and what size to go for.

I have reduced my consumption as much as possible (LEDs, smart devices etc) and would be at approximately 800-900kwh per 2 monthly billing cycle. I don't currently have an EV but will have to get one at some point in the future. The only way I have to heat hot water is immersion or boiler stove which is what we use to heat house from October-April. It would be nice to have a hot water supply during summer months with kids getting near the age if showering daily.

Based on information above what would be the best option in my situation. My 2 storey house is South facing at the rear and I also have a detached garage facing south so I should have no issue with space for installation.

I am based in East Galway so if anyone could PM me the name of reputable installers it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

looking for some recommendations in the north west if people wouldn't mind pming me. I have looked through the capacity and production excel so have seen some of the suppliers there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

They're certainly busy, I decided to go ahead with them last week following formal quote and SEAI grant approval and won't be getting installed until June. Not a problem for me but I imagine they'll be booked solid the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Not only does it render them useless, but any others too in the same string. Optimizers would be needed on any panels in a string which will ever get shaded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

For context the average house in Ireland uses 4,000-4,500 per annum. Your usage of 800-900 for 2 months of course doesn't really specify if it's winter usage or summer usage. I assume it's winter, where we are running lights and we are indoors for more than summer. So your probably in about the average

Different people will say different things about what that is "normal" - and that's ok, but I think an average house in Ireland (without Heat pump or EV) would be well suited with ~5Kwp in panels with a 5Kwhr battery. If you want to future proof yourself a little (which I'd advise you to do if you are thinking EV), then 6-7Kwp of panels and you'll be setup well for 7-8 months of the year.

With a bunch of kids I'd probably look at an Eddi (€500) which will heat your immersion with surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

Thanks for that. Gives me an idea of what I need to get quoted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 markrish

had my first call out and was told i could only fit 8 panels because of the lay out of my roof,has taken the wind out of my sails a bit.

8 panels 3.2kwp

3.5kw battery

eddi

3kw inverter

optimizers

10250 after grant.

any thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm not sure what the cost of optimisers is, but unless they're very expensive, that quote is a pig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement