Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

All Hail (2022)(Spanish) - After failing to predict a destructive hailstorm, a famous meteorologist flees to his hometown and soon finds himself on a journey of self-discovery.

Trust No One: The Hunt for the Crypto King (2022) - When the young founder of a collapsing cryptocurrency exchange dies unexpectedly, irate investors suspect there's more to his death than meets the eye

Broken Idol: The Undoing of Diomedes Díaz (2022) (Spanish) - This documentary chronicles Diomedes Díaz's rise as one of Colombia's most iconic singers, and his downfall after being accused of killing a fan..

Winter Dream (2022) (Polish) - After an injury ruins a snowboarder's career, a chance encounter with a dedicated pianist inspires him to strive for his Olympic dreams

Pixels (2015) When aliens attack Earth in the style of old video games, the president and his childhood pals (a pack of former arcade kings) swing into action.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pixels is one of the better Adam Sandler movies. Fun if you get the 80's references.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked the films and even watched the netflix animated series they did

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Same, though I thought the overall drama and tension of what it's like to work in a heated/busy kitchen was spot on [having worked in a few in my younger days, I know it can be even more tense and dramatic than portrayed here!] I was left disappointed by a few things, not just the ending.

Love Life (2020) Season 1 - From first impressions to lasting connections -- New Yorkers navigate the twists and turns of love in this romantic comedy anthology series.

he High Note (2020) - In Los Angeles, a world-famous singer is at a crossroads in her career as her assistant, an aspiring producer, follows ambitions of her own.

Super PupZ (2022) Season 1 - Four superpowered pups work as a pack to help their new kid pals -- and a furry alien friend -- in a cute and cuddly cosmic adventure!.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Finally got around to watching "Don't Look Up". I enjoyed it, absolutely hit the nail on the head with how western society has gone. We could all expect Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos leading the mission to save the world. Great cast but its utterly forgettable, way too long getting to the predictable ending, you couldn't pay me enough to watch it again. I'd give it a 5.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭French Toast

Really enjoyed News of the World with Tom Hanks. Straight-forward, feel good Western. Would recommend.

8 / 10

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

S2 of Alice In Borderland wrapped filming recently. Not coming until December, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cheers for the reminder I’m gonna rewatch that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Love life is well worth a watch I watched it on iplayer.

There is also a season 2 with a different main character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did Season 2 ever air over here? I enjoyed Season 1 but I'd probably watch anything starring Anna Kendrick.

I don't think so. I watched it "online".

Just a heads up though Anna Kendrick only pops up in a few episodes in season 2 the lead is William Jackson Harper (who will always be Chidi in the good place to me!)

Yeah, I think it was always billed as an anthology series from what I remember. Did you equally enjoy both seasons or was their a drop/jump in quality?

The Bubble (2022)– Judd Apatow’s timely comedy follows a group of actors and actresses stuck inside a pandemic bubble at a hotel attempting to complete a sequel to an action franchise film about flying dinosaurs.

Apollo 10 1/2 (2022): A Space Age Childhood – Inspired by Linklater’s childhood in Houston, TX, the film is set against the backdrop of the 1969 Apollo mission and tells the story of the first moon landing from two interwoven perspectives. It both captures the astronaut and mission control view of the triumphant moment, and the lesser-seen bottom up perspective of what it was like from an excited kid’s perspective, living near NASA but mostly watching it on TV like hundreds of millions of others. It’s ultimately both an exacting re-creation of this special moment in history and a kid’s fantasy about being plucked from his average life in suburbia to secretly train for a covert mission to the moon.

Get Organized with The Home Edit: Season 2 (2022)– From celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon to everyday civilians, Get Organized follows The Home Edit’s Clea and Joanna as they use their unique system to take spaces “from MESS to YES”.

Trivia Quest (2022) – Test your knowledge of history, art, science, entertainment and more across varying levels of difficulty in this interactive trivia series.

The Last Bus: Season 1 (2022)– A group of mismatched students on a school trip become unlikely heroes when a robot apocalypse zaps away the rest of humanity. Starring Rob Sheehan and Tom Basden.

Captain Nova (2022)– A fighter pilot from a desolate future unexpectedly transforms into her younger self while traveling back in time on a mission to avert global disaster.

Abby Hatcher: Season 2

Stray

Pet Sematary (1989)

Rise of the Footsoldier Part II

How the Nazis Last the War: Season 1 (2021) - This docuseries offers an inside look at the decline of Hitler's empire through the lens of his bumbling generals and the paranoid Führer himself

The Women

Tomorrow: Season 1

Celeb Five: Behind the Curtain

Oddbods: Season 3

All We Had

Forever Out of My League

The Contractor

In Good Company

Rebellion (2021) 1hr 22m [15] This documentary explores the inner workings of a climate action group that embraces civil disobedience to try and bring about political change

Battle: Freestyle

Beyblade Burst Surge: Season 1 (2021) -As two brothers train to become Beyblade legends, they start a Blading revolution that could topple the sport's ruling elite

Cocomelon: Season 5

Stunt Science: Season 1

The Hard Corps

Spy Kids (2001)

Call Me by Your Name (2017)

The Girl on the Train (2016)

Taxi Driver (1976)

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl (2005)

A Beautiful Mind (2001)

Warm Bodies (2013)

Looper (2012)

Stunt Science (2018) Season 1 - When it comes to daring stunts and outrageous pranks, we often wonder: What were they thinking? This high-octane series tries to find some answers.

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why is there so much Spanish stuff? The acting is bad, the production is bad, the subtitles bear no resemblance to what is being said. Bonfire of Destiny, Pera Palace, 3%, and The Barrier were all abandoned a couple of episodes in.

I did binge-watch Humans, if you forgave them some of the 'inventing solutions as you go along' it was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 second toughest in the infants

I watched Bad Vegan recently. I wouldn't recommend. Another scam story but not as watchable or interesting as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Started Bad Vegan last night, but only got to part when it started to cast doubt on Mr Fox.

I had no idea what the show was about, but when I got to that point I thought, "ah, another Tinder Swindler".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, apologies, one is french, one turkish and one portugese. I was just suffering from absolute exasperation at apparent preponderance of non-english language films that have the same level of dismal acting/production etc. Or maybe its just that Netflix has a high level of poor films generally. On the other hand I did watch a Danish film 'the day will come' which was grim but very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i can't comment on production values as I haven't seen the shows mentioned but styles of acting vary between countries. I quite like Korean shows but I can see they have a very different acting style to english language TV shows and I can see why some would be put off by it.

• Advertisement

The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe: The Unheard Tapes Trailer 

White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Abercrombie & Fitch Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭PressRun

I thought it was great as well. Terrific performances throughout. A fairly taboo subject matter too, not something you often see discussed.

I would say I slightly preferred season 1 but season 2 was still very good.

Thanks, I'm in no rush to watch it but will check it out if it arrives on the BBC soon or Netflix further down the line.

One to AVOID.... " trust no one, the hunt for the crypto king"...... utter nonsense.....a bunch of 'get rich quick' crypto investors got caught up in a ponzi scheme.. zero story, & zero sympathy for the investors that got 'played' ...... just a story of greed & how fools & their money are EASILY parted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭dublin49

bit harsh,interesting without being riveting ,wasnt bored ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Watched Boiling Point, ok and very watchable but nothing great. I didn’t find it intense at all, pretty much nothing happened in it. I read here somewhere it was like uncut gems in the intensity factor but I didn’t see anything to compare them, uncut gems was a million miles an hour from start to end with a towering central performance from Sandler, something not present in Boiling Point.

Some big hitters today & brendan o'carroll

The Sparks Brothers (2021) - With interviews from rock's top talents, this exciting documentary pays tribute to the unconventional 50-year journey of American pop-rock duo Sparks.

Mrs. Brown's Boys D' Movie (2014)

Carlito's Way (1993)

Unbroken (2014)

Schindler's List (1993)

The Green Mile (1999)

The Strangers (2008)

Sherpa (2015)

Added

• Advertisement

"Top Boy" Renewed for Third and Final Season

Advertisement