Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom PW - SIMON 3 - Beeping!!!!

Options
  • 23-12-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi - I have a Simon 3 alarm system installed in 2008 by Eircom - we have since discontinued the monitoring service. Meanwhile, my broadband supplier was suggesting that the alarm could be interfering with the BB signal, so I disconnected the wires from the Eircom junction box. Broadband issue is now fixed, though I don't think it had anything to do with the alarm system. However now I have a constant beeping stating that the telecoms connection is failed.

So my question is:-

1) I only have the User Code, but I have all the original installation documentation - how can I decipher the engineer code from the account number?

2) Once I have the engineer code, can I reprogram the unit to call my mobile phone and forget about Eircom monitoring or do I need a separate dialer - if so what type?

3) How do I reconnect the alarm wires at the junction box - I have 3 pairs of wires - Orange/White; Blue/White & Green/White

4) I have downloaded the "Simon Security System User Guide" - is there an engineers manual too?

I am reasonably proficient at electronics, so hoping I can do a DIY fix!

Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Embla

I managed to get the unit rewired and comms works fine and no beeping.

Still keen to hear from anyone who can advise re engineer code and redirecting dialing to my mobile phone.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hello Embla
    I am going to PM you regarding the code and the engineer manual.
    What you need to do is open the outer lid and enter engineer code.
    Delete option 04 and done
    Then delete option 05 and done
    Then delete option 06 and done.
    Add option 43 Input the number you want to ring and done.
    Add option 44, 10 and done.
    Add option 17, 20, and done.

For option 17 some of these panels need to see 3 digits, if so enter it as
    Add option 17, 020 and done.

Hi KoolKid..

Thanks for your assistance and PM's. I eventually worked our engineer code...so I have access now to program panel.

However, I deleted option 4 as you advised, but I couldn't find Option 5 nor 6 to delete (by cycling through the option button and listening to the menu)

I did manage to add Option 43 plus my mobile phone number, but similarly it didn't give me Option 44 nor 17 to add. So I just tried setting off the alarm, by arming the system and opening the panel door. I waited for quite a while but no call came through to my mobile. So I cancelled the alarm. I then tried phoning my home phone from my mobile - normally if not answered this got me though to the alarm system - but this time the number was engaged. So it seems like I have more work to do...! Any ideas?

OK - some progress...

When I checked my mobile phone I had loads of missed calls from my home phone number. So I re-armed the alarm again and set it off while watching my phone. I would see incoming call for a quick second and then it would hang up instantly. This happened 3 times. So any idea if this is the way its meant to work, or should I not be able to answer and hear what the status of the alarm is?

Anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭altor

Embla wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas?

When you drop the lid, enter your engineer code.
    Press the option button and it will go through all the options available.
    Can you tell me if option 4,5,6 are available?

Hi Altor

Thanks for your feedback.

Checked Options - 4,5,6 are NOT available - at least they were not called out when I pressed option key.

What next?

Thanks!

Hi Altor

Thanks for your feedback.

Checked Options - 4,5,6 are NOT available - at least they were not called out when I pressed option key.

What next?

Thanks!

If they are not available you do not have full engineer access to the alarm system.
    If you deleted these it would say it was off when going through the options.

altor wrote: »
    If they are not available you do not have full engineer access to the alarm system.
    If you deleted these it would say it was off when going through the options.

I am confused. I thought I had found that the engineer's code was programmed the same as my user code, because I was able to program in my phone number. Is it worth calling PhoneWatch and see will they give me the engineers code? I don't have a plan with them anymore.

I am confused. I thought I had found that the engineer's code was programmed the same as my user code, because I was able to program in my phone number. Is it worth calling PhoneWatch and see will they give me the engineers code? I don't have a plan with them anymore.

When you drop the lid and enter your user code it brings you into the user menu.
    Sent you a P.M. re the code.

• Advertisement

Altor

Thanks a million for sorting me out!

I am now independent of PhoneWatch....

All the best

Embla

Altor

Thanks a million for sorting me out!

I am now independent of PhoneWatch....

All the best

Embla

You are welcome :)

All very easy when you have the correct code :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 in_the_dark

Good afternoon,

I have the same issue with my PW panel, could I kindly avail of the same assistance regarding the engineering code and manual?

Many thanks,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I have sent you a PM re the code and manual

• Registered Users Posts: 6 westernskies

Hi
    I'm having the same problems with beeping. Would I also be able to get the engineer code?
    thanks in advance

Hi
    I'm having the same problems with beeping. Would I also be able to get the engineer code?
    thanks in advance

Sent you a P.M.

I didn't realise the access code when the panel is opening was the same as the disarm code. I didn't actually have the numbers of the disarm code, only knew which buttons to press. But I wrote down all the permutations, and after going through 17 I hit on the right digits.
    After that turning off the beeps was as simple as:
    Enter access code
    Press Delete
    Press #
    Press Done

And that's it. Hard to believe those three simple button presses have been coming between me and sleep for the past couple of weeks.

I didn't realise the access code when the panel is opening was the same as the disarm code. I didn't actually have the numbers of the disarm code, only knew which buttons to press. But I wrote down all the permutations, and after going through 17 I hit on the right digits.
    Enter access code
    Press Delete
    Press #
    Press Done

And that's it. Hard to believe those three simple button presses have been coming between me and sleep for the past couple of weeks.

This will silence the beeps but does not solve the problem. All you have done is turned off option 01 in the control panel. I would only advise doing this as a temporary fix. These beeps are there to indicate a problem with your system.

Enter access code
    Press Delete
    Press #
    Press Done

This will silence the beeps but does not solve the problem. All you have done is turned off option 01 in the control panel. I would only advise doing this as a temporary fix. These beeps are there to indicate a problem with your system.
    When fixed it can be turned back on by adding the option 01 again.

altor wrote: »
    When fixed it can be turned back on by adding the option 01 again.

Thanks for your replies.
    The immediate problem was the beeping in the middle of the night, and that's what this solved. I already knew the system battery was low, and didn't need reminding every four hours. On principle, I don't want to pay Eircom lots of money for something I can do myself. Now I can shop around for a replacement battery in my own time.
    Also, I do turn the beeps back on when I'm leaving the house so that I can get the 30-second warning.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your replies.
    The immediate problem was the beeping in the middle of the night, and that's what this solved. I already knew the system battery was low, and didn't need reminding every four hours. On principle, I don't want to pay Eircom lots of money for something I can do myself. Now I can shop around for a replacement battery in my own time.
    Also, I do turn the beeps back on when I'm leaving the house so that I can get the 30-second warning.

No problem, just making you and everyone else aware of what the option does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maryru

Hi, i see tou managed t9 get up and running with alarm system. I am looking for "master code" possibly same as engineer code, to my eircom phonewatch Simon 3 alarm system. This would be the code used to stop beeping after changing a sensor battery. Can anybody help please

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with user codes or engineer codes.
    If you press the status button what does it say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maryru

KoolKid wrote: »
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with user codes or engineer codes.
    If you press the status button what does it say.

Thank you for your reply koolkid. I think I solved the problem. Changed sensor battery and beeping continued past few nights, but yesterday I did a system test and set alarm, rattled the new batteried sensor to rest it, completed test and then system status gave me up to date details & I think beeping is gone! All good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cribinge

Hi all

New here.

Re: engineer access codes for Eircom PhoneWatch Simon Panel.

I too would like to be independent of PW by having my mobile dialled when alarm goes off
    but lack the engineer code to do so.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this also

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oiche

Hi Kool Kid I have an issue with a Simon 3 eircom alarm No longer monitored but I need to change the internal battery would you be able to let me know how to get the engineer code ?? I see you replies on Boards.ie I'm new to this and I would be grateful for your help Thanks Oiche

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oiche

Hi I emailed but nor sure if you can help re GE Simon 3 Eircom Alarm engineer code Just we were hit badly by a coeboy builder and no money to finish house not a mind pay for alarm monitoring !!! Not sure if you can help really
    Thanks anyway Oiche

Hi Oichi

I'm sorry but Boards rules prohibit us from offering any help with engineer codes or user codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 BSOH

Have a GE Simon 3 alarm, but we left Phonewatch for another monitor years ago.

It's armed at night from around 11:30 pm, but in the last few days, the control panel has started beeping, around 7 a.m. It's a fast beep, we think it's 5 beeps in a burst, every few minutes. Unarming the system silences the alarm (until the next early morning...), but there's no info on pressing the status button (except info about triggered door and motion sensors, so they are operational).

I can't find anything in the user manual or online about the meaning of 5 beeps. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 are listed, but not 5. Anybody know what 5 beeps might mean?

Advertisement