Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing from UK dates?

• 30-03-2022 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭

I want to import an E-NV200 30kWh from the uk. Ideally from the north, but willing to do anywhere in UK.

mare the rules the same UK wide, or is there a difference when buying from the north?

I assume I can import anything registered before Brexit and within the mileage limits, but wondering if there is some exceptions for NI vehicles.

Stay Free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's no ENV200 30kWh.

You either get the 24kWh (not reccomended due to range) or a 40kWh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

To avoid VAT/possible C&E you need to source from NI only and a car registered in NI prior to Brexit. UK route will suffer VAT etc no matter what date car was registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I was sure there was a 30kWh version, but thinking on it now, it was probably one of those private battery upgrades on the E-NV200. That’s disappointing because 30kWh would have suited just fine.

any recommendations for 7+ seaters in the 20k price range?

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Unfortunately I doubt we will have the 7 seater version here. Just like the Opel e-Combi....we get the 5 seater version and the UK market gets the 5 OR 7 seater version. If it does come in 7 format, then that would be great. Probably around €40k

Stay Free

• Advertisement

You're back to ICE with that Budget mate

I've just ordered a Leaf 40 for my own commute. The OH wants a 7 seater (ideally EV....or possibly PHEV) but options are so limited. Wrong time to be asking, but that's just the lady being awkward.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Possibly the cheapest decent range 7 seater full EV would be a Tesla Model S, one sold a month or so ago for around €32k (with 7 seats). The rear seats are for very small kids only though, from your previous posts, I think your kids are beyond that age now.

Also, EVs in the UK are even more expensive than they are here. So importing (even if you imported from the North and avoid VAT and VRT) is not going to be cheap. Just had a quick look and spotted a 2021 7 seater 40kWh eNV200 for GBP30k, so that's what you are looking at for those.

Did you not just use two Leafs before and decided not to bother with a 7 seater car for the few rare occasions that all 7 of you were going somewhere together?

We still have very young kids from just a few months to two below the age of 5. We would typically just take 2 Leafs (as you said) for the trips where more than 5 of use were going, but I have changed jobs and could be spending a lot of time abroad. Also my OH is a Teacher, so will want the freedom during the summer and other holidays to bring the kids out while I am at work. We either need to revisit the budget, go with an ICE, or stick with what we have for now. We would both prefer not to go ICE even though it would be for limited use. A 7 seat Model S would be a serious consideration, but I don't see them coming up often.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You literally just missed one. It had been up for sale for several months but it sold in the last few weeks. Keep an eye out on DoneDeal, a quick 5 minute search every few days will do the trick.

• Advertisement

Beware the Model S is a very low car, if lifting kids in and out of car seats.

Advertisement