Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet

Options
  • 18-03-2022 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I was after an all in one desktop for college work and came across the dell outlet site which had a inspiring 2700 i5 which was 799. However I couldn't order direct, I had to chat then they sent me a link to a pay portal. Is this normal because the sales rep started to get very pushy. I've got 13 emails from questioning why I haven't ordered telling me I have to hurry etc. I'm now wonderinh have I stumbled across an elaborate scam. The mails are all from the same guy but the English while ok sometimes isn't great. It is a dell.com site. Is this normal for dell to be pushy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I have ordered from a Dell chat before, and filled in the payment through the portal. All went fine, and I received order confirmation, etc.

My guess is that it's all legit. In my experience, the pushiness of a sales rep is directly proportional with the value of the order.

BTW, the reason to order from the chat instead of the website is that you can negotiate with the agent a bit. Haggling works!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

They probably get a commission on each sale or the need to make a certain amount of sales per month to keep their job. That's a good price for a new pc

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

They're legit even though it feels odd but I have to warn that my ongoing experience with a DOA Dell and their so called Premium Support would put me off ever buying from Dell again. I bought a Ryzen 7 Inspiron on February 24. It arrived about March 10th and immediately rebooted on startup. The erratic behaviour continued and I eventually tried a full system restore to factory image. All to no avail. Several hours over a number of days with Support with then seeing it crap out and Dell agreed to consider a replacement.

Days later they cheerfully announced they would seek a suitable replacement - even though the identical spec was showing in stock online. Then they sent me a spec to sign off except I noticed it had 8 instead of the 16GB I paid for. I replied it's an inferior spec and over the next few days got two separate agents insisting it was identical.

Apparently a replacement is on its way but they've quoted about April 8, the tracking info doesn't work and Service have ceased contact and my emails are now bouncing off both the support addresses I had been using. The service supervisor call they booked with me with a two hour window last week never happened after I waited in for three hours.

To cap it all they insist my warranty is ticking away all this time when the unit was dead on arrival. YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Oh no. That's a shame.... Might I ask if you've tried to use a thumbdrive with Win 10 ISO on it? Despite it being Dell and having all that Dell-ware on it... I mean, if they cut the ties w/you, then, might be worth doing that as it won't invalid your warranty I believe.

I just let them remote into but it embarrassed them by randomly rebooting. Told them it needed replacing and put it back in the box it came in. No idea where the replacement is as the tracking info still doesn't work and my emails don't get through.

1st of April seems ironically appropriate to reflect on handing over several hundred Euros on Feb 25th and still no laptop.

I'll be ensuring they honour the warranty so no fear they'll cut ties. The only reason the replacement may actually be in the way is I rang Dell in Dublin and would not get off the phone until someone eventually dug in to the case file. Tenacity with politeness pays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Totally agree! Great combo. Anyway, good luck. Hope they replace it soon or ... something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

If you paid for this by credit card you can dispute the charge with your provider. You did not receive the goods you ordered.

Even threatening this can get wheels moving.

The very last date Dell gave themselves to have the replacement here passed last week. The tracking is invalid and my email appears to be blocked by Dell.

Chargeback initiated with the debit card company, 16 years of buying Dell with my own money ends for good! You don't have to look too hard online to see that Dell quality and customer support are gone to hell in recent years. Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Shame, Ive had two personal PC’s of Dell’s as well as two laptops and they are / were always good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 marto501

I got the pc but unfortunately it displayed irratic behaviour. Wouldn't turn on, random reboots and green screens. I'm waiting on my refund they say is processed. I'm afraid I couldn't recommend it at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement