Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Well we've a minister for third level education who couldn't finish his, so we aren't far off that.

You don't need a law degree to be a barrister.

Nope. You can have ten years experience as a barrister, and you don't need a law degree to be a barrister.

Seriously lads, if you're going to argue something, you really need to get your facts right.

You're very interested in me. Slightly strange your obsession.

I don't have any Afghanistan friends, and there is no crash course in Irish law.

You really need to move on.......

Nope. You need to do a one year barrister degree course. You then do a years unpaid work, devilling for another barrister.

It doesn't take years and years to become a barrister. Nor do you need a law degree. Like I said, if you're going to argue something you should know the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

"Non-law graduates with an approved third-level degree are eligible to apply for a place on the Diploma in Legal Studies (two years part time). Graduates of the Diploma can then apply to sit the entrance examination for the Barrister-at-Law degree."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That's another question actually, how up to date are these skills lists in Ireland, do they reflect the shortage of skills in 2022, or are they just another way for gaming the immigration system, flooding the place with barristers and other desk bound staff that are not in particularly short supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭Cordell

It may sound outrageous but in a place not to far away they already have sharia courts. They may be here already as well.

Barrister at law degree is a one year full time course.

The two year diploma in legal studies is a diploma

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Muslim law is based 100% on Sharia, so I'd say that for an Imam to use any other legal system would be completely forbidden. On the other hand, non-believers are not bound by Sharia. So what's left??? In Germany, in some cases where German Law and Sharia Law agree, Imams are allowed to practice Sharia Law in a Sharia court. But German Law supersedes it at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

In any non-Islamic Country that has a population of Muslims, they will go first and foremost to their local Imam for any kind of judgement that affects their lives. In the case of breaking the civil / criminal law in the Country they reside in, then of necessity they are bound by that Country's Laws. But like the case of the 130 Muslims who broke the Covid restriction laws by gathering in Blackpitts Mosque to celebrate Ramadan, their allegiance is always first and foremost to Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Is the government gaming the immigration system? The conspiracy theories are funny. There is a Conspiracy Theories forum you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

immigration is being gamed as…

it puts more money in the pockets of businesses, more consumers = more money floating about.

It adds certain wealth to industry such as law, construction etc…

drives up for the rest of us everything from the point of homes, accommodation, travel,

we’ll eventually pay more for flights and holidays…

https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/prices-are-not-going-to-stay-low-holidaymakers-urged-to-book-early-as-costs-could-spike-up-to-20pc-41259824.html Supply vs demand

Overpopulation and fast population spikes never end well… imagine covid if it had happened in 10 years here, fûcked dot com

history tells us that overpopulation leads to..

depletion of natural resources

degradation of the environment due to spike in energy use and travel.

social conflicts

rise in unemployment

faster climate change

higher cost of living to pay for the heightened demand for housing and services

poorer access to and poorer quality of education

borders need to be controlled, history will not look kind on these times and the people of this country.

Nobody or certainly no grouping stands up for Irish citizens or Ireland really in this country….

Because there is a distinct distaste in that approach that is unpalatable to the Irish electorate.

Always has been, always will be.

Also, our PR-STV system ensures the middle ground remains dominant with extremes whittled out after the first few rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭enricoh

It's costing 2.5 billion to house 100k refugees for a year, we're taking 200k apparently as paddy has to be best in class. So 5 billion per annum housing costs, same again in extra welfare, medical costs, teachers etc? 10 billion a year and the Ukrainian president says we're not doing enough! Jog on Mr president.

Speaking of medical costs, I wonder have the Mater hospital received funding to reopen their hydrotherapy department….?

if we have a spare 5 billion I’m sure a couple of hundred grand for repairs and staffing would be available?

ok, it’s not, sorry.

The answer to why that is, is in the post you quoted

I haven't seen any actual costs yet, do you have links?

The vast majority of who that have reached Ireland? Ukrainian refugees?

• Advertisement

The freebies?

Terrible attitude. People fleeing in fear of conflict are not interested in your poxy little 'freebies'

Approx ten million have been displaced, four million have left the country, most of them to neighbouring countries. There are approx 15 thousand in Ireland, that is not many, not at all.

15,000 people out of 10 million is nothing.

Perhaps they have connections with people in this country already.

You do know refugees came here from the Balkans during those wars? The majority of whom went home.

'have come here on a once in a lifetime offer no other country in Europe was stupid enough to announce.'

where do you get this from?

All EU member states offer the same protection to refugees.

They can come, live, work, have access to healthcare and education. Noone has invited 5% of the population to come here. You are just spreading disinformation.

Like a few posters here previously, who have dissapeared............

Ultimately I think we are just better off letting this country fail…. Because nobody is listening, every political party is throwing their lot in behind this from behind their sofa because they know they can’t afford to alienate future communities and future voters….

So in future and present just look after yourself…because barring friends and family you are on your own here now..

im done as regards opening a door to a politician's smirk…or doing anything for this fûcked up fûcking kip..

im done as regards any charitable donations unless it’s to the one our family help…which is for Irelands most common genetically inherited disease.. despite this it does NOT receive any core state funding… not a cent…every single person with this condition on the planet dies as did both my sisters.. but the state don’t offer a euro to support sufferers or families…I’ve just checked again and it’s still the case…they make this point on their website….

so… Ukraine now…why not 10,000 from Eritrea next year ? Things ain’t real good in Chad ! Sooo erm….?

Helen McEntee is now on record saying there will be NO cap on how many we accept from the Ukraine… “ Ireland will never be found wanting “ according to McEntee as relates to this crises… but it’s citizens are and will be in the years and decades ahead…

But we constantly hear "People are waking up", "The people want the government out!" etc. from a lot of the people on your side of the coin. I remember seeing a clip on youtube of some Iraqi official nicknamed Comical Ali who was saying "The Americans are not in Iraq" while American tanks were rolling in behind him. I was quite enjoying hearing the Irish version of that with people saying that all foreign people will be removed, the people are waking up etc. In 20 years this thread I'll get a chuckle when this thread is still going and I read "the people are waking up" by some old poster.

Problem is we can ‘wake up’ but unless we have a party that we can put an X beside on the ballot paper that is going to enable our wellbeing we are screwed.

House sharing is not the same as someone taking someone else in with them paying no rent and just being taken in off the kindness of the person who owns the house.

I don't see how you get the idea that people are taking Ukrainians in for some likes on social media. I highly doubt you can provide the proof of each person going to social media and posting about it.

Well the national party did get laughed at when they tried running. Gemma O Doherty also got a paltry result. I guess "the people are waking up" didn't help them in their quests to get votes. Perhaps because you and them are not the Einsteins that you think you are and not as highly intelligent and advanced compared to "the people" that you thought you were?

• Advertisement

Now with the insults:) I’m not claiming to be an Einstein :). Just a citizen of a country that is being failed by its system and political impressionists. I have the capability and capacity to determine what’s wrong but all I have to fix it.. a vote… the only way to fix it ? I don’t know because as relates to this problem there is no alternative voice as it’s too risky a problem to admit to wanting to tackle.

accept it ? :) No I don’t think I or anyone who feels the same is going to accept our wellbeing being thrown into the mire… so accepting it ? No ! :)

Advertisement