Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Ouch!! I have 5 games left for my prime icon pack, I know it’s gonna be awful but still have to do it…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Donyell Malen fantasy card, i dont need but i want him, fifa 21's best striker, doesnt feel right without Van Bergen but hey what can ya do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

At least I can guarantee you it will be better than mine 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mhm, I’ve built my half Liverpool team/other favourite cards and that’s what I’m using atm. Still have 10.5m sitting there, nothing to do with it. Hardly playing rivals now, mostly friendlies. That classic cup tourney was great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I always do the bronze and silver segments in icon sbc's because its better value than the standard bronze/silver upgrade packs and also tradeable. Paid off again today with RTTF Depay in the bronze sbc of Socrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Do you notice how it's got worse over the years? That seasons progress is a joke now. No good players, no PL players at the end even now. I don't even claim half the rewards from it. What are they doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

its also far easier to get the points to complete it all. I don't even finish half the gold levels and I still finish level 30 with a week or 2 to spare. Load of rubbish really.

It's all down to money at the end of the day. The better the players that are available through free methods like season completion and league sbcs, the less money is spent on packs during promos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Two shite picks from that new SBC - HL Leao and 86 Can. Allowed me to open up the packs I had locked behind an untradeable IF Robbo tho..

100k pack gave me the promo Alvarez+Vertonghen and the 83+x25 gave me IF Robbo again, IF Koke, IF Pellegrini, Kane, Suarez, bunch of 86-85s and the rest 83. Would’ve liked a different walkout IF tho as I’ve packed IF Robbo 3 times now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Took the plunge and did POTM Mbappe and he’s well worth it. Had more fodder than I realised and threw a good amount of special cards in so he only cost 600k in the end, had been hanging on to 2m for ages waiting on something decent to spend it on which is obviously not the most sensible way to treat virtual currency.

Then forced myself to do all of the icon swap squad battle tokens since Friday to get the 13 tokens for the 92+ prime icon pack………out pops 94 Cruyff 😄

Think this is probably the best FUT team I’ve ever had. Have 1.6m in the bank if anybody has any more suggestions for it but for now this is loads of fun. Only the full backs are tradable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got this lad in my rewards, the game really wants me to play like a rat, this is a full team of untradeables I've gotten (even Kante and Cozza are from one of those player picks, I didn't do the SBC)

Went and completed the prime/moments sbc. Cost me everything including 4 icons that I'll never use (prime owen, prime hagi, Mid giggs and Mid lampard)

On the plus side, it is a moments with 5 star/4 star and those free kicks.

Neymar and Fantasy Mexican 87 CDM lad from Ajax from untradeable rewards. Good fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

how come you have basic chem styles on most of them?

I don't actually use them, they're just untradeables I've gotten through the year

This is my team:

Got Drogba from the prime icon in icon swaps..ah well foddah for a good sbc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did the two 85x3 packs.

Fantasy Alvarez, Suarez, Hummels.

Fantasy Alvarez, Bruno, Aubamyang.

grand return. Let me knock out another segment of Moments Socrates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In case anyone was wondering what happens when a 3-5-2 player comes up against another one:

That was one chaotic match, wish they could all be so fun. 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Funny when someone's butt hurt you beat them they'll throw that back at you that you had 5 at the back! It's one of the most attacking formations in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd like a petition to ban 4231 from the game, at least on next gen. May as well put the controller down and go to sleep. This however looks like a bit of craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cannot recommend it highly enough. I’ve been using 3-5-2 for years, some games it’s worked well and others it hasn’t, but it’s definitely viable this year. If anyone wants to give it a crack, I’ll gladly post my tactics.

It’s not perfect or “meta” but it’s just fun to play with.

The biggest failure of this game imo is that so few games feel competitive, every weekend I play 20 games and I'd say maybe all but 5 are either easy wins or clear losses, there are so few close matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i need to do all my games on a Friday in future. For whatever reason, I always do better on Friday than the other days.

hit Rank V this week, helped over the line by. Guy who decided to quit in the last game 40 minutes in but was kind enough to actually score an own goal before leaving.

Picks

Buchanan

Durdevic

Otavio

Rashica

Mitoma

Antony

Bale

Bergwijn

Mandi

Tierney

Bouchalakis

Buchanan

Ochoa

Rashica

Trajkovaki

TOTW Pack: Diaz, Robinson, Trajkovaki

not bad choices there for fodder towards Socrates.

Anyone used RTTF Lucas Hernandez? Tempted to grab before he is out of packs but big money for a cb!

That free Eriksen we got will be getting a +2 upgrade after todays game, I used mine already in an SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Luckily I had 2 - used the untradeable one in the Varane SBC and kept the tradeable one. I’ve been using him and like him so a +2 is most welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Anyone finding it hard to get a game in the Yarmalenko objective?

• Advertisement

another CB in my prime icon pick. Cannavaro.

Now I have toty Marquinhos, 90 Rudiger, Mid Blanc and Prime Cannavaro. I might start off at 5221 or something like that and move Marquinhos to the CDM role. FB Kante has served me well but I think his time has come.

Advertisement