Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anpost credit card

• 13-02-2022 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I am thinking of applying for anpost credit card.

I understand they are Mastercard backed by Avantcard.

I would be most grateful if anyone who has an anpost credit card could share their experiences.

Do they work with google pay?

Do you have to have a current account with anpost to have a credit card with them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭duefrine

Have a credit card with them, only applied for it to transfer a balance over to it, @ 0% interest for 15 months....

Have never used it to make purchases

You don't need any other account with an post

Yes it's avantmoney

The physical card you get is a MasterCard with anpost money, like the one you see on their website.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

I know that Avant don't do Google Pay but I can't see any mention of Google Pay on the An Post website for their credit card. Does anyone know if they support it?

I know there are workarounds such as Curve but just wondering if An Post support it directly.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ifollowillingly

Hi there can I ask how long were u waiting before you received ur card after approval? & Is there a way of accessing it virtually before the card arrives? Appreciate your time x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I have one. No Google or Apple Pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Google Pay says (at the foot of Participating Banks/Ireland) that: 'your bank decides if it's cards work with Google Pay.'

And, just in case you don't get the message..... 'If your bank isn't listed or your card can't be set up for mobile payments, call the phone number on the back of your card to offer your bank feedback.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ifollowillingly

Hi! Is it an an post one you have? Do you recall how long it took to receive the card from date of approval? Thanks x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Yes, an An Post credit card. It was about 3 years ago so can’t remember for sure but it didn’t seem excessively long to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Has anyone successfully rented a car in the USA with an post credit card? Did it authorize ok when they swiped it at the desk? ( no chip n pin)

I was in Iceland recently and it would not authorize on the petrol pumps. Kept declining even with the pin. BOI debit card worked flawlessly.

Advertisement