Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB fraudulent transactions

124»

Comments

everyone else should clean up a situation someone’s got themselves in

Ah, so you are unhappy because you are scared the banks will ultimately take this out on you. Explain how you are being forced to clean up a situation someone’s gotten themselves in?

The banks are screwing you anyway with their account ""Maintenance"" charges and transaction fees. They aren't penalising you more because of gullible people falling for scam texts. This lad keeping his hard earned cash in an account he is forced to have is really the least of your banking problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

I didnt think of it before, but I'm sure genuine applications can ask to link your bank (debit) or Credit card to applications, as Ive repeatedly gotten requests for ordinary Apps to do so, I'm quite sure it happens regularily when updating or installing new Apps, either way I dont link Cards or Accounts to Apps in general as a rule.

I have a paypal account I'd buy some items with, which I have a CC linked to for payments, AND a Revolut (convenient & secure for small or even regular transactions, so a good substitute for using a Debit Card directly (something Id never do online for even legitimate purchases OR even instore for large value purchases (no protection or comeback).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Be aware that merchants can create a pre approved payment authorization when charging your PayPal account for a simple transaction. Most don’t but a few do. You should review your pre authorization list on a regular basis. Over the past five years I caught two merchants doing this without my knowledge, luckily the were genuine businesses and had thought it made their payment process more user friendly - a couple of high profile twits convinced them it was not.

Had it been otherwise and I clicked on a link the payment would have gone through as a legally authorized payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Jesus you just won’t get it will you! I’m happy to pay my maintenance fee etc. (well I’m not as they’re a con)

I’m not happy that people expect to have others clean up after their stupidity! I may have mentioned that once or twice 🤦‍♂️

These scams aren’t new!!! People need to cop themselves on!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This thread has run it's course, so I'm closing it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement