Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had that dose a few months ago, and still suffering from , ahem , long dose. Ie, if I feel a poo coming on I need to go. NOW !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People that never seem to learn and improve.

I was driving some back roads a few weeks ago, and the woman in the Dacia in front of me was such a nervous driver, you'd think she'd started last week. Odds are she's a local, has had her licence twenty years and drives this road five times a week. Yet she still drove too slowly, braked for every corner, and on every straight when there was traffic coming against her. Maddening. And she'll probably get worse over time, not better.

Earlier in the week I passed a woman who looked mid-fifties on the dual carriageway. She was also passed by a fully laden dump truck. You're probably driving too slowly if you're getting passed by a fully laden dump truck. She must have been doing less than 80k on a 120k road, and her lane discipline was terrible - constantly weaving from the hard shoulder to over the white line and back again. She was also driving with her chair far forward and her nose against the windscreen.

This morning a woman who looked in her forties parked her jeep in front of me. I say parked... It was more on the road than off, despite having a huge space to drive into. Made it difficult for me to get out safely. You can't even drive into a space better than that?

I've said this before but I can't wait for self driving cars. I think they're working too hard to perfect the technology - I think it only has to be better than the average driver. That's a pretty low bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The Office.

First basically full day back in since 2020 and it was awful. Had to go get coffee with the new manager who loves the bants and wanted to get to know the team. Chatted for about 45 minutes about boats.

Couldn't sit at my normal seat because of covid procedures.

Had to go for lunch with the serial whiner who, shockingly, whined about her job the entire time.

Had to chat to multiple people in the office who I hadn't seen since 2020 apart from on Teams. Same conversation with every one of them.

Caught my long cardigan in my trousers after a loo visit and walked around with it tucked up for at least 2 hours. No one told me.

Had to pay £8.50 for parking in the city centre.

Almost got run off the road by an R driver on the way home.

My hands felt dirty all day long. I never realised how dirty everything is.

Got absolutely NOTHING done for the day.

I am so freaking anti-social. They will have to drag me back in there by my fingernails.

^^^^^, thanks Molly .the bit about tucking in after the loo made me burst out laughing, I needed that , so thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sent an acquaintance of mine a "save the date" whatsapp for my wedding in May next year. I am so organised that I like everything planned well in advanced. Spreadsheets are my friend, and I even have a provisional table plan devised.

He is delighted to attend, but informed me that there isn't a hotel to be booked anywhere in the location (Kilkenny City) that weekend. And now my over-thinking brain is worrying that guests won't be able to come or properly enjoy themselves because they won't have anywhere to stay. Surely, there is an explanation though- do booking.com and the likes not get rooms released to them a bit closer to a given time-period, and that thirteen and a bit months out is a bit too early? And that hotels themselves operate the same policy?

I need clarification or I won't sleep easy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea. I'm a creature of absolute rigid habit. My keys are always in my pocket or on the counter in the kitchen.

Then, life challenges you with a new level.

Enter 18 month old.

Keys now are:

in my pocket.

On the counter in the kitchen

In the bin.

Turf bucket

Along with various other items like the remote control for the TV and the amazon firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can't believe where I found motorbike keys after searching everywhere....well everywhere except the door seal of the washing machine.

There's a kind of a lip on the seal and in under the lip there were the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is too early for rooms to be released. Don't worry about it.

Been there with estate agents constantly visiting. The house wasn't being sold , rather I was paying £250 less than other similar houses.

But enough chit chat. Did you find your keys , and more importantly DH , where were they ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Apartment viewing. Well tbh it was more studio viewing.

You feel you are putting your life on a stage and letting yourself be judged. Yes I'm well past house partying age, I have a full time permanent job, responsible, no pet, etc, etc and the thing is I did not even lie. All this is true!

I even brought my work contract to show I had a permanent job. The landlady who showed me the place was nice and I asked had she questions for me and she had none

Told by SMS someone else got the place. Ok no issue. What I did wrong I will never know ? I think I would be an amazing tenant, their loss.

Ta´d that interviewing for rental property means a stranger drills into your life. Ok a part of life.

edit I see the post above was about house viewers. I assure I was viewing an empty place, I never viewed somewhere with a tenant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dentist went well.

followed it up by having a meal in one of my my favourite pubs which was delicious but…. Since I was there about a month ago the prices have skyrocketed…

very nice 2 courses each, one coke each and 58 euros including tip… it’s an old school Irish local pub…a nice pub but nothing more and the service was excellent, friendly and unobtrusive and food really nice..

But 3.40 for a two thirds full glass of splash coke laced with ice, not even a can…and really good tasty burger 14.65 with fish 16.95 ?

hmmm product was very good but I can’t say it shall be a regular haunt going forward.

Tayto multi-packs and how there's always at least one bag or two burst. They've gone to shite. I'm the bigger fool for continuously buying them. They've taken over so many other products that the shelves are loaded with tayto products but they're obviously not running the company right anymore.

That's me done buying tayto products for good now. They can go away and shite because they clearly don't give a shite about quality standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118863507/#Comment_118863507

^^^^^

Reminds me of all of the horse box food places that opened up near me during lockdown. No idea who they are targeting with their insane prices. No rates, no overheads really, and no staff in most cases to pay, yet a burger with no sides is €12 🤯.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Adverts...

Waiting/Hoping for something to come up on ebay or adverts type sites having looked everywhere. It appears, notification comes in. Within 5 minutes I have offered asking price. No reply. 4 days the ad stays up. No contact. Then item is marked as sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A teachers organisation here is charging a Ukrainian teacher a lot of money to register with them,

FFS those kids need someone in their school they can easily communicate with but the having to join this organisation means these trained teachers' cant be there.

This kind of double loss for a relatively small(to those of us who's home/bank has not been destroyed by a war criminal)amount of money.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So my thesis is back from the proof-reader, just 666 words needed to meet the minimum word requirement(too burned out to attempt at this stage to go for the full amount)

Told I cant repeat myself(?) but can I find a relatively tiny amount of related but new materiel to fling on the page to see the back of this crap finally!

For the pedantics out there NO I CANNOT!

Intro from hell this weekend tata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

how can I have the same headache since wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Ugh!! I'm just not feeling the love for work at all today. I'm shattered after being up at 5.10am all week. Also, there are two antiquated printers in the lab. The first one I like to call "Deathrattle Dave" and I've named the second one in the cutting room "Old Scruncher". Deathrattle Dave was playing up pretty badly earlier, going into it's famous death rattle every time it fails to feed properly, making an annoying beep sound after the shuddering death rattle has run it's course. I can't wait to finish up today so I can have a nice evening which includes a chicken shawarma kebab, a few beers, a whiskey, a cuddle with the OH on the couch while watching tv...and finally, an Elden Ring gaming session when the OH has gone to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Still haven't found my house keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You've either children or covid.

I don't know which is worse

The missus grabbed herself a curry chips for lunch so I came home to a kitchen smelling like curry chips and now I want curry chips but I've none. 😭😭😭

Minus craic bitter dryshites.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

She just bought herself some? None for you?

RI forum is that way 》》》but I honestly cannot see a way to save the relationship

🤣🤣

😂

In fairness to her she was home early for lunch and I wasn't home til much later so she was right not to get me some and I wouldn't have expected her too either. It would have been a stodgy reheat mess by the time I'd have gotten to it.

My cravings have passed now thankfully 🙌😄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Doing one of those online assessments for a potential new job and getting completely flustered at one or two of the maths questions. And I don't know whether I need a 100% score to advance to the next round.

Weekend of second guessing ahead for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another trivial annoyance to do with the Boards website, what in the name of god is happening with the photo embeds, some of them disappearing after a day or two. The festival threads are a mess in Gigs and Events as we are posting festival lineup bills that are happening around the time of the festival thread (whatever festival) but all the photos are disappearing and all your left with is massive blank posts with the 'Something went wrong' photo symbol and a massive amount of space.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A band that I very much like released a live album a few years ago, this is it but why is this it ? The band sound totally dynamic and dynamite, really good production, superb atmosphere is captured that many live albums fail to… one person fûcks it up…an important person, Matt Beringer, the lead singer, often out of tunee and out of time, not in a punk attitude winging it way… in a too many glasses of wine slurry as fûck way off key way…. A-nnoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Local chemist sells greeting cards for €1 on those twirly stands over pretty much in the corner.

It's a big enough shop as chemists go, plenty of space between aisles and plenty of stock.

Pop in to look at the cards I'm the only customer in the store. As soon as I twirl the display there's another customer on my shoulder....... seriously Mrs could you not browse elsewhere for the few minutes it will take for me to look at the selection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement