Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

😂😂 says this guy.

Mods should be taking a look at your posting history tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Yes I know giving everyone 200 is really just pushing money back into the economy

But why not take all that money and give solar panels to loads fo houses for free so they are cutting bill for 20+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 29,305 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

oh ffs, this is how public money creation is done, when governments run a deficit, and yes, all money is magically created, the two main ways in modern economies is when governments run a deficit, and when banks create loans, new money is always regularly created by both of these methods, noting taxation is not money creation, new debt is, this process is also called 'monetisation of debt'! once again, money expansion has been of its greatest amount in the last few decades, in human history, by both of these methods, while causing little or no inflation, inflation only turned up when there was severe disruption to global supply chains and global energy markets, i.e. money creation has played little or no roll in this inflation period, but is regularly used by particular ideologies, primarily Austrian and neoclassically based ideologies, in trying to explain it. thank you for the link, but i ll decline to watch it, as its more than likely linked to either or both ideologies. its also important to note, most money created in the last few decades has been used, to inflate asset markets, hence why most asset prices are in an inflated state, such as property markets. if deficits are used in productive means, as has been to some degree thought-out covid, they can be beneficial to all, such as use could be in expanding our renewables networks, and not just towards primary asset owners......

...cause its immediate, people, and arguably the economy, needs help right now, yes on paper this would be a good idea, but an astonishing task to actually roll out and implement, i wouldnt be surprised if it took months, if not years to complete, not much help if you re broke right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,074 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

No renewables are dependable because of no means of storing sufficient power to make up for when there are shortfalls from renewables. That is not the case with fossil fuels. They can be stored until required. Something you choose to totally ignore when it comes to energy security.

"Will be" is a long way off from when we will not have to rely on backup for renewables. Something you also totally choose to ignore, despite being asked so so many times, because you have no answer as to what secure energy source will provide this back-up.

You just ramble on as if the jump from none renewables to renewables is going to happen in one magic leap.

Ye should at least think about wearing a false moustache.

You, Mecanudo, keep saying that the EU energy marginal pricing policy is flawed. What is/are the alternative.

If you are laughing at me, then you should read some of your own posts. Your not having a clue in so many areas, and your total miscomprehension of what is actually said if often side splitting funny, and then your attempts to ignore you got it completely arsewise. Priceless My own favourites so far have been Russia going to bomb Kerry and we should follow the advice of Mark Ruffalo and Cher.

As to what you are whittling on about now, I have no idea, and I doubt you do either.

Do you even know what point you are trying to make, or do you even have a point to make, because I`ll be damned if I can find one in your recent posts.

Do you even know what point you are trying to make, or do you even have a point to make, because I`ll be damned if I can find one in your recent posts.

What is even more mystifying is how you are still allowed to post here with yet more of your typical obnoxious posts today to another poster.

• Advertisement

The point I’m highlighting is that you keep bleating on about China manufacturing solar panels using fossil fuels to do so.

In summary I’m pointing out that your a spoofer.

You really are embarrassing yourself, I already posted all the details of system in response to the question

No an average system doesn’t cost that much but I wouldn’t expect you to know

I said use the money, not to buy a 200 euro panel for every house 😂

Go again what ?

Are you saying now we can switch to biomethane etc in the morning and have 100% secure reliable energy without having to need fossil fuel back-up, or are you as usual just posting fantasy rubbish wasting peoples time ?

But 200 is not going to help either in reality, as the indo says today the increases have meant it is a drop in ocean

We have a large number of installer in ireland plus this is supplemented with northern companies with each access. Most installs of a few panels take less than a day. Especially if not using batteries.

So by end of year with let’s say 100 installers with 184 working days. That’s 18400 house installation and 2kWh per house would be easy

I think we have circa 200 installer in ireland registered with SEAI

I gave you the link and it’s the only reason why you know about it

🤣🤣

Have you posted on that thread Solar only works 3 months a year?

What is there for you to point out.

I have already on numerous occasions said that China are manufacturing solar panels using not just a cheap and very dirty fossil fuel, but they are also using slave labour in doing so. They are also now taking advantage of the war in Ukraine to stock up on cheap oil.

So please do tell where in that do you believe I am spoofing unless you believe none of that is true ?

...as they say, dont believe everything you read, 200 will go along way in many homes, and again, it goes immediately and directly into homes, and ultimately into the economy, i.e. win win! yes the indo is right, it truly is a drop in the ocean, but its something!

nice figures, but reality, it would take years to truly roll out such a project, a great project none the less, but help is needed immediately, so now we have.....

You really are a comedy account, do you honestly is taking you serious?

You are now saying biomethane should be discounted because it’s not available now? Is that correct?

All surveys are done now using Google maps, so you could survey roofs and nominate houses. A quick call and it would verify if attic converted or not. Then as said installation max takes a day. My entire installation of 19 panels etc was done in less.

Even if you just looked at all bungalows first that’s easier as attic space is direct to board

The 200 is good for the economy but does not fix the energy crisis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Lol. OK let's spell this out in words you just may be able to understand

I have explained in several comments how the EU marginal price policy works and why electricity prices here and in Europe (to quote one poster I replied to) were "sky high". All that is verifiable fact. So show me where anything I've said there is wrong or 'spoof'?

No where have I claimed it's "flawed".

As to your abusive, ignorant and frankly stupid comments, I see you're now back to accusing posters of having multiple accounts.

I get that some here may feel sorry for you with that, but anyone who does that type of thing repeatedly seriously needs some help.

Post edited by Mecanudo on

...again, this is an over simplification of such a task, you would need to seriously ramp up pre existing businesses, help create new businesses, organise supply chains, noting theres a serious shortage in labour markets, again, this would take years to roll out, and again, people need help and supports right now....

yes the roll out will not resolve the energy crisis, but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

. . inflation only turned up when there was severe disruption to global supply chains and global energy markets. .

Richard Cantillion wrote:

“The river, which runs and winds about in its bed, will not flow with double the speed when the amount of water is doubled.”

Inflation has always been pushing prices up for all goods, that rate was something people can cope with, unless you happen to be in Venezuela or Zimbabwe over the past few decades, the policy decisions in the EU about the type of energy we are restricted to consuming means the diversions of the flow have changed, inflation is regarded as "good" when it shoves up the prices of assets like buildings and shares, when it noticeably shoves up the day to day living costs faster that our incomes rise, us plebeians get real unhappy. That unhappiness is what the government is reacting to when it came up with the "€200 grant", they were assuming this is a short term blip. They did not reckon on the consequences of disrupting the Swift payment exchange when their biggest energy supplier on whom the random energy generation depends turned on them.

Market consensus since February has priced in two increases of the deposit rate, which is currently at –0.5pc, in the fourth quarter. Mr Lane’s rhetoric appears to indicate the ECB might maintain its accommodative policy stance for longer than many are expecting.

That would mean low rates in the eurozone would last far longer than those in the US or UK, whose central banks have already hiked rates to douse rampant inflation.

source

The ECB are trapped by their foolish policy of negative interest rates in place since 2014, coupled with very foolish political actions by EU and American politicians mean the Euro currency expiry has been bought forward. Germany is now paying for its gas in rubles by the back-door using Gazprombank. Without the gas random energy fails often and issuence of more debt cannot solve the problem of no supply, but it will rise the cost of living as the first receivers of the new money outbid those at the end of the chain. Eventually the system becomes unstable and the ECB are forced into a last ditch attempt to save the Euro by increasing rates hard and fast and in the process bringing down the sovereign debt bond bubble.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Says the biggest joke on this thread.

Do you seriously believe that anybody on here does not see that you are waffling on about making a magical overnight jump from non reliable renewables to 100% reliable renewables, using 100% reliable renewables that we do not have, and will not have for many years to come.

Or that anybody does not see, regardless of how often you are asked, how we can achieve this magical transition without the the need for natural gas. The only E.U. approved transition energy source we can use unless you want to build a nuclear plant.

If banana, angel or any of the other acolytes don’t answer this question today then what’s the point of this thread?

The whole argument hinges on this point so please answer the question being asked.

I will ask the question again, do you want to discount biomethane because it’s not available now?

It's interesting that the same has repeatedly continously accused posters of having multiple accounts etc and makes jokes about wearing mustaches, when his own mustache is evidently obscured behind prison bars in his own avartar

Post edited by Mecanudo on

• Advertisement

Broken that seems to be one of your stock replies when you don't want to answer a question.

But yes a reply would be good as I also haven't seen you giving an answer to that particular issue either.

Advertisement