Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Boy - Netflix - (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

That's not a spoiler. Season 3 happened in 2019 and had nothing like that going on. It was Dushane against Jamie after he came back from Jamaica and Sully was in prison.

Also the thread title says Spoilers, so they're to be expected if you're not up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭markw7

Oops, always thought that meant tag your spoliers! Apologies, I'm a dumbass 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Pretty much wrapped it up for me here, Shelly is frustrating, I know S4 has showed her darker past a little, but she is frustratingly went from resisting Sully to being very accepting of his entire lifestyle including flaws very quickly. She gets a free pass though as little simz is one of the best and most important female music artist in currently making music in UK.

Curtis was also a cracking character, every second he was on screen I was literally holding my breath. My wife thought he was one of the creepiest characters appearing on tv in a long time.

I have no idea how to do the spoilers so il just say i was hoping for a different conclusion for Dushane, but will look forward to the next season when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's awkward trying to explain to people who haven't seen it about the seasons.

So the last season will be 5, but you often see it called 3, as only 3 will be on Netflix, with the previous 2 on C4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

I never thought about it like that. I've been watching since the C4 days. But its a fair point.

• Advertisement

Tell me about it.

I was halfway thru S1 on Netflix, when I discovered I was halfway thru S3.

Had to stop and go watch S1 and S2 on C4, before resuming S3, which used to be S1 to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭markw7

Just finished watching latest season and that was definitely a spoiler what happened to Curtis, but not a major one.

Wasn't too gone on S3 but S4 was pretty good, massive improvement imo. They should have kept Curtis around though and maybe got rid of his bitch of a sister instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,669 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Really enjoyed this latest season, great ending, unexpected. Took me a while to tune into the cockney lingo again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Irish are coming......

Barry Keoghan And Brian Gleeson join the cast for the final season as Jonny and Tadgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Not a fan of BK, never seen the appeal.

Teaser for final season

September!

Long wait. But a great show so hopefully the final season will live up to the previous ones.

The final season drops September 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Love this show. Actually don't think I will watch that trailer for fear of spotting something 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Going to give last season a rewatch as I recall it was very good, and at the time I expected that it may have been the concluding season to the storyline.

Looking forward to S5 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Can’t wait for this…only just binged it all on Netflix.

now I have to watch it with subtitles tbh to understand a lot of it!

Final season added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Don't need him in this, or his stupid Irish gang, he'd be dead in a week in real life, watching this now, I'll keep it to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Great season again. I'll come back with some further thoughts in a few days so as I don't spoil anything for others not at a loose end today! But it's really good stuff.

• Advertisement

Two episodes in and gripped…don’t want it to fin!!

Also 2 episodes in, and really wondering why irish actor Barry Keoghan is putting on a bad Irish accent?

Could he not just speak ?

Had to finish it last night. What a show

crikey it was excellent. The acting was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Quags

I really enjoyed it but felt rushed. Few scenes/storylines were not needed but wont say much till more can watch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i am two episodes in and had to laugh at him tbh he does not have the menacing gang vibe going at all, he wouldn't win a bar fight in east london never mind a gang war

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Finished the new season this morning. Enjoyed it but not as good as previous seasons IMO and did feel a bit rushed/short. Will hold off saying more until more have watched!

Once again very unimpressed with Barry Keoghan in an acting role.

He was good in Banshees and Love Hate iirc, but not sure where he gets this 'amazing actor ' from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Two more episodes and it would have been perfect. It did seem a bit rushed now that I've had a few days to think about it. Agreed on Keoghan in this. I don't know what he was going for, a Traveller accent maybe? But it didn't work. That whole storyline was a real let down after a promising start.

Finished last night, and agree about it feeling rushed.

I'd say easily the weakest of all the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just on BKi'm not a big fan of his as it is but i feel for him a bit in this , As an inner City Dub he original went with his own accent but was asked to tone it down to a more " hollywood " Irish accent ,

Does my head in , any decent movies or tv outside of RTE some reason they don't want Dubs to have an actual real life Dublin accent ,

Advertisement