Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

My car has the countdown to the service at something like 560 days.

That would mean 3 years or so.

I think they mistakenly reset it when it was in for the software update.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

That chart is old. The L service plan now only gives you 2 tyres.😡

If you look at that chart again you'll see that they include "Break " Fluid in both the M and L pack. Is that what they call the coffee now that you drink while waiting to get your car back??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just checked the car again this morning and it's saying service in 341days. That still puts it at the start of March next year. That'll be two years 6 months since I picked up the car. I'll definitely be getting it in to the dealer before September is over anyway, even if it's only to get my order in for a replacement next year.

Checked the tyres aswell and there's still at least 5mm all round. Goodyear's and 15K km on the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

When I sold my car last month there was over 26K km on original Goodyears. And a lot of that on backroads where I wasn't too gentle with the tyres. Still plenty left, imagine 30K -35K possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Seesm that VW are going to try and consolidate a few items on the production lines for id.3's. This means that a few features would be removed and hopefully result in a better build date for the customer, with a possible €1,500 reduction in price.

Looks like it's only for the upper tier models that are already in 'ordered' status, not for new orders or for the Life model.

The bits that would be missed are

• Travel Assist with Swarm Data
    • Side Assist (Blind Spot)
    • Emergency Assist
    • Traffic Jam Assist
    • Trained Parking
    • Area View

I'm happy enough out with the EV I went for instead, since my T5 order was originally cancelled by VW. But it may be interesting to some who are on the fence about their order. Also, if you can live without the above features, it could be worth checking with your VW dealer for cancellations as they are probably still listed as 'ordered' in the overall system and could be available earlier than the original build dates.

We became a 2 EV household yesterday with the wife collecting her new Hyundai Kona EV.

I still can hardly believe it, as I went to originally view the Ioniq 5,and she decided to have a spin in the Kona.

So after a 20 minute test drive and a great trade-in offer on her car.... we collected it 24 hours later. He had a lovely white one, just off the transporter.

There'll be skirmishes over the charger I'm sure in the future 😉😉.

Post edited by rx8 on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What made her go with the Kona over the Ioniq 5? I know the Kona has a slightly bigger battery for around €40K but the Ioniq is a good bit bigger.

It was me who was looking at the Ioniq 5. I need to decide what I'm going to be doing at the end of the pcp.... She has had her eye on the Kona for a while now and this opportunity was what made her go for it straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm actually ordering an Ioniq 5 this weekend to replace a Karoq.

Will most likely keep my ID3 for the minute but I'm going to sell it before October I think and just get an old Leaf for as cheap as possible for pottering around town or an older Ioniq as a lower range second car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Our ID.3 was one of the first EVs in our small town last august but there are ioniq5s and ID.4s appearing regularly now great to see more EVs. plenty of 221 diesel cars around too though 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Parking at Sainsburys tonight, as I got out of the car a lady did a double take, slowed down and announced "oh my God your car is beautiful!". Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Are you sure she was talking about the car.....🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

on the ID3 sat nav, is there a way to turn off all the European stuff and suggestions?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11 F58uyJqw

Post edited by F58uyJqw on

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

How do u book charger on easy go app? going to Clayton Hotel in Dublin today and will need to charge over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Something strange I've noticed...

Often when I preheat the mirrors don't automatically unfold when I unlock the car - requiring manual unfold.

I haven't preheated enough to be sure its not coincenence, but I don't remember it happening other than after preheating from the app.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

I had asked about the id3 tyres previously, so just giving an update.

Got the car in July,came fitted with Bridgestone tyres. Lasted about 12k km of pretty moderate driving (mostly my wife driving short distance to work,with child being dropped off to minder).

I have the L service plan (that included the +4 tyres) so rang the dealer and dropped in to discuss. They checked the tyres,approved the replacement, and just followed up to confirm what did I want fitted - Bridgestone,Goodyear, Continental. They're putting the request on the system today for Goodyear tyres, hopefully all straight forward and get replaced in the next week or so hassle free....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

Took delivery of 58kwh comfort model (when that was an option) last Friday. Loving the car, well worth the wait. Came with Goodyear tyres which seems like a good break judging by other posts. Also had 2.3 software.

One of the latest brochure spec features for the comfort model was "intelligent park assist". Doesn't seem to be any info on this anywhere.

This car doesn't have the side sensors that I've seen for the park assist features coming with 3.0, so am thinking this car doesn't or won't have any automated parking assist (apart from camera and front/back sensors).

Anyone have any other info on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Yes. Has happened to me a few times on particularly cold mornings. Seats would have heating on second setting rather than preset first. The mirrors would then open once the car has drive engaged. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Yep, park assist only on production after December 20th 2021or there abouts- side sensors etc..

I was told by dealer my July build tour 5 will have 2.3, 2.1 on December build, nothing coming from factory yet with 3.0.

I checked the configuration on my order and it’s got the park assist, however the early December order the dealer has promised me does not have it.

Both car configurations say the same related to software-

“Ability for online updates starting with ID. software version 2.1”

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

And congrats on the car, great news on this thread for a change 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

@handpref great, thanks for the answer and good wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

First car delivered in this thread in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Did the same a while back...

The big change now though, for any new people who sign up, is that you only get 2 tyres, not 4 with the L service plan! Big difference.

Still worth it, but not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I've noticed that seat heating goes up a notch when its cold, and drops back down when the car warms up.

Next time I'll wait to see if the mirrors extend after selecting D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Finally got my door covers applied. The original gloss looks better, but totally impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭daarmcd

I am about to order an ID3 comfort, thanks for the heads up on the intelligent park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Doing my first long trip, Galwayc- Dublin return, so plan to charge to 100% and make use of Ionity/ESB 50kw chargers, some questions:

1) My usual thing is plug the car in before going to bed and its 80% for me in the morning, but I know leaving it at 100% is not best practice - how do I time it just so that it's finished the charging to 100% when I need to depart? or should i not fret about 4-5hrs of being left plugged in at 100%?

2) I have my WeConnect card set up, but never used it - will it 'just work' with ionity/esb? I know there is an extra charge.

Any other long trip tips?

Advertisement