Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Looking forward to tonight. Gonna head in for second half of Down and Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

This referee is going to beat us tonight . We are getting nothing off him. Giving everything to Waterford.

Fcuk sake Cork what is it with Cork teams in finals conceding goals. No way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

We just started to get going despite the ref and then concede 2 goals. The first looked like a blatant thrown ball which is ironic as we tend to do it. In build up to goals it should look like a definite hand pass I would say.

Ref is giving everything to Waterford still

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Cork are playing 16 men, there is no way that they are going to win this game.

One of Waterfords points was wide and there was a throw in the build up to a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

This standard of refereeing is making the gaa look very backward...

Ref has been a good few points advantage for Waterford. Its probably the difference of 6 points. We are still in this though and we haven't played great. Feels like Waterford really want to win but we seem to be not killing ourselves. They have put a lot of effort in the first half so I am hoping they get a bit tired and gaps open up for our forwards.

I really noticed Waterford getting the ball and charging straight at a Cork players chest and getting a free. I would just say play on but if anyone gets a free if should be Cork for charging.

Awful reffing. Waterford should have been allowed that goal there.

Horgan is being fouled non stop in this match

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bennett having a second half of his life.

• Advertisement

Goals win games. We look like we are not bothering going for goals other than Kingston. We need one badly

Another humiliation in a final. I really don't know where Cork hurling is going but we are no where good enough to win an All Ireland. Problems in our defence and Kingston isnt good enough as a manager to bring Cork to where they need to be. The wait for a league title continues.

That free the ref gave there for Waterford was ridiculous!

Leaking 4 goals is horrific. Every time when we got motoring they got a goal.

We keep going for points which is bizarre. We needed goals 10 mins ago but we haven't even looked like going for them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That 4th goal was a real killer, as was the other 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Damien Cahalane nowhere near an inter county full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Don't think balls into the corners are his strength. Harnedy gone back alot, two awful wides in first half

• Advertisement

Cork keep persisting with him. They can keep him on the team but the wait for success and silverware will continue. Kingston I think should call it a day after this season. Limerick are going to destroy us in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nklc

As an outsider , the ref made mistakes both ways . That passing game is absolutely awful to watch and thankfully it got found out again in a major final . If the Waterford players had decided to play around with the ball instead of letting it in , then goals would have been scarce . Can’t score goals when fooling with the ball out the field

I was some way confident about the Limerick game but that’s after disappearing now! Way too slow going from defence into full forward line. The hand passing is driving me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Same old failings as last year full back line taken apart Cahalane is not the answer too much hand passing and passing backwards harnedy is gone Robbie o Flynn was very impressive tonight Kingston looked sharp let’s hope we regroup in time for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He is a liability.

I watched Waterford dismantle Wexford last weekend and thought to myself that they would be licking their lips at the prospect of playing against Cahalane.

The guy has been tried at literally every postion in defence and been a failure in every one of them.

Kingston doesnt seem to be learning from his mistakes as a manager. He is naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

what is the alternative to the current cork full back line , say from club players/ up and coming players is there guys losing out as a result of what's there at the moment that are better

for years cork have been one of the best teams in the country going forward but the full back line has been poor for years now and is really holding the team back , 1-23 scored tonight ,despite poor games from two or three key men up front is a positive for sure but surly there's better in the county then the current back 3 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Had tonight's match been reffed the same as last weeks Cork would have been much closer to Waterford. But you can't have Sean Stack every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Oh look I was right again.

I still stand by this Limerick, Waterford and Clare the 3 best teams in Munster.

However ringy and others on here still thinks this cork team will win the all ireland.

Pontificating posts like this take away from anything you have to say to be honest.

• Advertisement

We know we won't win All Ireland. Who is saying we will?

Advertisement