Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You can match up most of the thread banned from here to there, the forum not just that particular thread.

A forum for trolls, and so called free thinkers who can't help but parrot someone on bitchute and worse. It should have a sticky list of mental health services available on every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Perseverance The Second

To provide some Context to this comment

This is a yearly parade to celebrate the 'Great Patriotic War'

I would imagine some captured items from Ukraine will be paraded - Especially captured items from the likes of Azov.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,332 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I wonder is the guy who claimed pictures of dead bodies from the war were staged by crisis actors over there. Bet he's really going to town on the latest images...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I've said this before, I honestly can't understand how Putin is still alive.

They seem to operate on a Neanderthal level, thinking all they have to do to fool "those Westerners" is wear a suit and not drag their knuckles".

Putin and many of his military need to go on trial and there are many, many ways to serve just desserts to that complacent, indifferent, Godless, base Russian nation, and I hope the schemes are already being hatched.

We've come full circle, back to wanting to see the the bad guys get beaten by "our guys".

Let the CIA now start to plant seeds of dissent, back a coup, "eliminate" those not sent forward for trial, sabotage their infrastructure, sabotage their economy, sabotage their military assets, sabotage their satellites, initiate cyber attacks, publish and transmit "propaganda", etc.

They need to be hammered 3 times - once defensively as is happening, again for financial compensation and thirdly, as retribution for the wanton destruction and atrocities committed.

Slava Ukraini

Just a level down from those that were complaining that Russian babies would be starved to death because a company wouldn't be supplying baby food and no one could access Russian media so they could get both sides of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

As a society, most of us have probably assumed that it's two decades into the 21st Century and other nations are just as evolved as us.

As a society, we're being awoken.

I doubt there are any Ukrainian families untouched directly by this cowardly war on civilians.

What a race of people though - highly intelligent, adaptable, communicative, resourceful, co-ordinated and brave.

Slava Ukraini

Didn't those **** just have the now-decimated 331st in to help them put down some chatter from the plebs recently? Quick to turn their backs, not sure how well they could defend themselves if they needed Russia to come in and deal with protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭scotchy

Looking forward to seeing all the washing machines in the parade, should be breath taking.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

• Seems like it will be a quite week ahead while russia regroups to the east

• Registered Users Posts: 35,957 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

History will not look kindly on the world that watched on as Putin slaughtered men women and children. The line is well and truly crossed, we need to be willing to take the hits, and hit back ten times stronger

Reminder that Russia, the country they just massacred civilians en masse in cold blood, has a permanent seat on the UN Security Council

• That explains why Putin have such a high rating

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I hate to sound like a conspiracy nutter, but:

The pullout from Chernobyl.

Peskov saying nukes are only for a threat to Russia's existence.

That nutter Yakov Kedmi saying a failure to take Kyiv and othere cities and have a win would be a threat to Russias existence.

A complete pullback from kyiv and such hast troops are abandoning loot and gear that's slowing them down.

A false flag pretext of Russia blowing their own fuel depot in Belgorod.

Not seeming to care what would be found in Bucha.

I really fear all this points to Kyiv possibly being about to be targeted with a WMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I've just got home from welcoming a bus load of refugees from Ukraine. We were there all day waiting for them and they arrived shortly after 2 in the morning. Most of them had been travelling for 3 days to get to Ireland and spent most of the day getting processed in Dublin.

I'm a very pragmatic person but the pain and suffering I saw in those peoples faces made me want to hop on a plane to ukraine and fight those monsters. Young women with their babies and young kids absolutely broken. There was a middle aged woman who had pretty good English had left her 3 sons in Kyiv, fighting.

And this is just the start, I'm sure I'll have to see many more bus loads over the next couple of months. I was involved in the Syrian refugee crisis but this is a magnitude greater , I really don't know how we will be able to manage the numbers, all I know is we must try, these people have nothing, most are carrying their life in a suitcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭eire4

For me today means we are passed that point. It is time for NATO to go in full bore. Russia needs to be pushed out of every inch of Ukrainian soil and then treated like an international pariah state just like say North Korea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can't be voted out, unless they agree to it, can't get through any resolution without them so nothing can be done under the UN banner. Which leaves it as either NATO or the EU to do something, which he'd love as it proves Putin right in his twisted world vision, or some alliance of willing nations that would then be difficult to keep acting as one for the same goals.

The permanent seat on the UN probably does as much to prevent the west from being able to respond as the threat of a nuclear response does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

This has seemed to have gone under the radar on hear.

Seems to have been officially confirmed last night by a member of Congress ,

but all operational T-72 tanks belonging to Nato members are to be given to Ukraine for the fight against the invaders.

Hand over has already began and is expected to be completed in a matter of days rather than weeks.

US military are helping to organising the transportation with fellow allies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Field east

This is hard to understand. These conscript/ young shoulders had been on the front line / fighting and they now find the time to steel , go to the PO and post valuables home - no trauma, no recuperating, no getting ready for the ‘ next round’ . No control be their commander, etc. Maybe it’s part of the culture, they being so badly paid, need money to ‘pay’ their immediate bosses ie bribes, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭threeball

It's a load of crap to be honest. A smokescreen to be seen to do something in the aftermath of the images from Bucha. Russian tanks have shown their worth in modern warfare and they're next to useless.

What they really need is air defence systems and targeted missiles to take out shelling positions or Russian strongholds. Sending a load of antiquated tanks is another 2 fingers to Ukraine and her brave people.

whats the possibility of Simon Coveney/ the Irish Government inviting Ambasator Filov to visit Dublin airport/ arriving bus load of refugees to witness at first hand and listen to what they have to say. I assume that they have a common dialect so understanding eachother should not be a problem. If he could leave his own thoughts aside for the visit and just listen to their stories. It probably end up in a follow up interview that he would be even a bigger liar than originally thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The tanks are requested by the Ukraine.

So they must be of use them.

To be honest I'm surprised that they are to be supplied.

It will be the first official supply of offensive weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Could the UN revise its rules for membership. Set up a new organisation eg Organisation of Soverign Nations Peace With Eachother (OSNPWE) or whatever. And when fully set up its first members would be drawn from the current list bur exclude those that are for example invading another soverign country. And when fully set up the UN as currently existing would be made formally made defunct/cancelled/would down, blown up or whatever. I know that I have presented the concept / framework in broad outline .

something must be done so that the UN going forward does not allow , for example, a country invading another country having a veto

i suggest that NATO should also revise its rules for membership /engagement in conflicts. Given what’s happening at the moment it’s unacceptable that it has the means to put an end to the misery but is constrained by its rules. Is could consider also fastracking its new member joining rules. Could be done in the proverbial day by setting up ‘AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER ‘ category and immediately make available all of NATO services without asking for anything in return in the short term

something PROFOUND needs to be done in both org to make them more fit for purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

What division of the Russian army were in charge of Bucha?

I haven't seen this explained anywhere.

Edit. I see it all detailed on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bucha

Post edited by Call me Al on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Russia did not degenerate, this is just a mild reflection of the previous centuries of savagery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭brickster69

Germany blocks an EU wide ban on a number of essential materials. Not a lot they can do when you are reliant on them.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Another Russian shill!

Murder is murder doesn't matter the century.

A European country is committing genocide in 2022 and your going on about equivocation... disgusting comment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement