Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Source? Russia has claimed that have destroyed these many times over, but footage keeps coming out of the drones striking targets

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That one slipped by me, I am barely aware of what's reported in Irish media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

You do realize that if NATO did deploy them they would be under NATO control not the polish government.

Do you always have to turn everything into an anti PIS post,

Everyone knows your stance with them getting a bit tiring at this stage.

Makes absolutely no sense to me, give them everything they ask for and more. They were invaded. Everything they do is defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Bayonet

With the images of execution-like killing of bound civilians and the targeting of Mayors of towns, killing them and their family - I dread to think what's going to be found in Mariupol. Definite Srebrenica vibes and possibly worse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

IMHO JM that's wishful thinking. Now I'm certainly not one of those who reacts to the emotionals and calls for Death to the savages!! ballsology from the safety of their keyboard, because it's that bollocks that brings us to and perpetuates these horrors and always has done. Basically pick your side and shout at the other side and here we go again...

However I would be extremely surprised if a large percentage, if not a majority of Russian people do indeed support putin and most of all Russia in all of this. Especially Russia and that support has grown IMHO and will until a breaking point is reached. You would have had some who were dubious of putin and really dubious since he invaded Ukraine, but with each passing day are more supportive of Russia and her troops.

Look how easily people in this thread are led to "nuke putin!" reactions by seeing the horrors we've seen in the last 24 hours(and before), and we're free and able to view numerous sources on this war. Hell we can even dig around and find Russian sources, even though we quite naturally and rightly find them suspect at best. On their side your average Russian's sources are extremely curated by the state and putin. And yes they can VPN their way to outside sources, but they've been primed since birth and constantly that non Russian sources are to be automatically discounted. Merely suspecting them isn't enough. That non Russian sources are akin to an invasion of Russian minds and they've also been primed since birth that the "world" is against Russia and invasion of any sort is always a threat. And that's an easy sell to Russians. Their geography alone helps this sale. If you're in Moscow, look west. There are pretty much no natural barriers between you and your "enemies"*.

Hell, his very conflict, this invasion of Ukraine itself is an example of this. It's got eff all to do with "nazis" or "biolabs"(there are more of both in Russia) or whatever Kremlin bullshít excuse they've spun to their people, it's far more about this invasion paranoia that's been building since their buffer states of the former USSR one by one and in short order said eff of Russia you pricks. Now you and I well know it's all about control, resources power and money for putin. If any Russian bot or sympathiser brings up "nazis", a simple question is return is; if putin wanted to denazify Ukraine, why didn't he invade ten or twenty years ago when there were more far right groups with far more support and more actually in government? I've found they've no answer to that. But yeah this invasion threat is a large part of how putin is selling this to Russians and they're buying it.

*As an aside if you look at America they've got two oceans between them and any invasion threat, their southern border is their big worry and throughout the 20th century they've fought proxy wars and other nasty shenanigans that have killed tens of thousands in damn near every South American nation to assuage that worry. It wasn't a shock to me that trump's "Build a Wall!" rhetoric found such favour there. In Russia this geopolitical and historical threat has long been used by Russia's rulers as a way to keep fear in the back of the population's minds and control of that population.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Longing

Same here first time contacting a TD with these images of mass slaughtering in Bucha. My family our outraged so annoyed. I beg everyone to right a short email it only takes 5 mins. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I need to correct wrong posts. And I only reply to wrong posts.

How NATO could control it? How many soldiers, they would have to send to Poland only for this?

NATO wasn't even able to protect their offices in Poland and sensitive information fell into wrong hands.

Your posts buying polish propaganda and spreading it here are also tiring for me.

Please, give me any objective source (not polish public tv), that NATO ever suggested it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Despite the outrage being expressed here repeatedly by the same posters the reality is that in the outside world, interest in the invasion is declining rapidly. Being replaced by concerns over cost of living issues and other more mundane issues. In my wide social circle unlike a few weeks ago virtually nobody talks about Ukraine anymore. Does the western world have the stamina for a lengthy conflict. I have my doubts.

Well you can put me on ignore if you like.

And to your accusation of spreading polish propaganda, I read about the nuclear weapons proposal on American news outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Email sent, it was a long one. It's not much but it might put some pressure on if he gets enough of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭zv2

I'm still waiting for them to go in with the goddamn napalm.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Kerry Group...

We're not making any money in Russia, but if we do we'll donate it to Ukraine

If you're not making money then why are you there and money is no use to the dead

Please link.

And you can put me on ignore either...

That are real concerns. Today is election in Hungary. Orban doesn't want Hungarians to pay for sanctions, so won't introduce them and supports Russia in that way. And his ratings rocketed.

The same is in France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

This is the sad truth. Europe and the USA are offerig nothing new, the sanctions according to an in depth report from an expert on The Economist are having f*ck-all effect within Russia now once those initial few days of panic passed, oil and gas money is still flowing in from Europe, and most people's interest has returned to property, fuel, football, Netflix, the usual stuff. The Russians will get their new territories, Ukraine will see 20, 50, 100 thousand civilians murdered, and the West will keep dealing with Russia while making empty statement about finding alternatives in the medium term and saying Putin should be in the Hague while doing nothing about it. As always, money matters more than principles and human life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I know you won't be offended that I disagree. I suspect the people that matter are becoming more engaged. The opinions of the "soap watchers" never mattered anyway as they would be unlikely to protest or lobby.

The Western world may now realise how easy it might be to put an end to Russia's aggression. There must be a lot going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They're all over Youtube too. A bit of a strange disconnect too - the same Putin supporting scum probably secretly approve of the murder of Ukrainian civilians, so why even go to the trouble of denying it? It would be more honest to be acting as a cheerleader on social media for it.

The Russians have kidnapped and are holding 11 mayors.

and...

The US enacted laws forbidding the targeting of foreign leaders and the use of assassination as a foreign policy tool. I think Biden should try to have these restrictions overturned, as just the attempt would send a much needed message, though part of me thinks Putin doesn't do messages, only concrete actions. To him, everyone is week and can be rolled over, until they prove otherwise.

The Russian army bought 45,000 bags for bodies and brought mobile crematoria to Ukraine, believes Sergej Sumlenny, an expert on Eastern Europe. In his opinion, genocide and mass executions were planned by Russia. In recent days, mass graves and bodies of civilians with their hands tied have been found in the Kiev region.

According to the expert, in September 2021, Russia adopted a document on the principles of digging and keeping mass graves during the war. It wrote, inter alia, about digging one grave for every 1,000 bodies in three days. Only 16 soldiers were to be required to dig one grave. Technical drawings are also attached to the document. This regulation entered into force on February 1, 2022, i.e. just a few weeks before the invasion of Ukraine.

Summarising: it looks like Russia planned a fast victory over Ukrainian army, full occupation of Ukraine and a genocide, including mass executions of Ukrainian civil society leaders, politicians, cultural leaders, clerics, etc. The scale of planned genocide was unseen since WWII.

You link the propaganda if you so strongly believe I'm spreading it.

I know you hate PIS , that is your prerogative but please not everything is propaganda of your hated current government in Poland.

Anyhow the tread is bad enough I'm not going to derail it any further.

I'm off now see if they need some help moving stuff at the border.

But I doubt you would do that as it organised by the polish government.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭brickster69

Yes South Africa produces more Palladium but they don't export very much. With these materials you do not just pick up a phone and say " Hi Australia, it is Germany here can you send me 2 tonnes of Palladium this week "

They are paid for in advance of 1 or 2 years for delivery and in the meantime countries have to offset any price fluctuations on the swap markets to guarantee the price. Germany's orders will of been done the same way, they have already bought the goods months in advance so if that get's cancelled everything stops. It is a very complicated business and slightly different to buying stuff on amazon.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement

I thought that the rule was, that a poster should have attached the link to proof their claim. You seem not to have a credible one.

And it is sad that the effort of so many volunteers is not credited to them.

And BTW I don't hate PiS, they are not worth it. I only correct their b*****t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement