Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG CX on special in Harvey Norman this weekend only. Can pay deposit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

grogi wrote: »
    You need an extra license for Calman Autocal on top of the hardware purchase... :| Miniscule cost if you have AJ90 though :D

Yeah probably 500 for the setup but I think if the meter could be out it’s not worth it on my part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Like I said, you're using at a minimum 3 years old models as your case, and don't patronise me with your marketing smart arse comment. You have an odd hard on when it comes to LG.
    Update 05/31/2019: The TVs have now been running for over 9000 hours (around 5 years at 5 hours every day). Uniformity issues have developed on the TVs displaying Football and FIFA 18, and are starting to develop on the TV displaying Live NBC. Our stance remains the same, we don't expect most people who watch varied content without static areas to experience burn-in issues with an OLED TV.
    `

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hurrache wrote: »
    You have an odd hard on when it comes to LG.

I am very critical, not only for LG gear. My comments above are generic OLED comments and applicable to any TV brand that sells OLED TV, not just LG Electronics. Fact, that it is LG Displays that makes them is completely irrelevant for me.

I don't like LG TVs for different reasons - but I didn't mention those for a good while now. Unfortunately I haven't used anything branded by LG that I would fully enjoy, last must be LG G3 phone :]

I generally dislike Sony audio stuff, which doesn't stop me from liking their TVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

Can someone give me a tv to the television forum on boards.ie

Looking at getting a large tv but no idea what I'm looking at

Del007 wrote: »
    Can someone give me a tv to the television forum on boards.ie

Looking at getting a large tv but no idea what I'm looking at

What size, what kind of viewing (daylight or dark room, cinema like) you want, what budget and do you have requirement for particular brand?

• Advertisement

What size, what kind of viewing (daylight or dark room, cinema like) you want, what budget and do you have requirement for particular brand?

It's for a log cabin so there will be plenty of light but I would imagine a lot of the watching would be during the evening/night.

Couldn't care less about the brand.

She's wanting a 75 inch, looking at around 1,200 euro. Obviously you won't get the top spec for that price.

Cheers for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

You can get a very good 2021 or 2020 model for that.

Do look into the CX models or check review sites.

I don't know if you are better going for mid range 2022 or higher range 2021 (the TV for this thread as the best example oof your preferred price range).

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

You can get a very good 2021 or 2020 model for that.

Do look into the CX models or check review sites.

I don't know if you are better going for mid range 2022 or higher range 2021 (the TV for this thread as the best example oof your preferred price range).
    Be lucky to get the 55 for the price, let alone a 65.the 75 would nearly cost as much as his cabin! OK not as much, but bloody expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Notdeco wrote: »
    Be lucky to get the 55 for the price, let alone a 65.the 75 would nearly cost as much as his cabin! OK not as much, but bloody expensive.

This very thread was about the CX going for €1250.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

This very thread was about the CX going for €1250.

But that is for a 55", Del007 was asking about 75" TV's. The cheapest 77" OLED (they don't come in 75) on Richer sounds is €3,800

Del007 will need to decide what is more important quality or quantity. If he wants 75" for €1250, he will have to look at LED rather then OLED (very different technologies).

• Advertisement

Basically I want the best 75 inch tv that I can get for around 1000/1200. It's very hard to know the difference between them.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Del007 wrote: »
    Basically I want the best 75 inch tv that I can get for around 1000/1200. It's very hard to know the difference between them.

Thanks

Being honest, any 75" you could get for that money won't be good quality. I see 65" Sony XH90 has dropped below £1000 over here (UK) in a few places of late. That's probably the best bang per buck on the size/performance ratio

Yes I see RS have is for €1200

Samsung TVs are a completely different league all right :D I love their simple remote, but that's about it. They will even put different panels - sometimes IPS, sometimes VA, in exactly same TV model. You never know what you get with Samsung, much worse than LG all right.

A bit OT, but we had a bit of them already...

So, I was reading about the new MiniLED backlights and the Samsung lineup for 2021 looks like that:
    whathifi

The QN95A is exclusive to Europe. US buyers instead get the QN90A, which does without the QN95A’s One Connect box and has just one HDMI 2.1 socket (the QN95A has four). Confusingly, the US QN90A is different to the European QN90A, which is more heavily downgraded. Apparently, Europe will in fact get an as-yet-unannounced model called the QN94A, which will be the same as the US’s QN90A.

Samsung TV marketing department in their full glory :D I'm pretty sure we will also get something like QN93A exclusive to Currys and QN96AC exclusive to Cosco etc...

Seems like that backlight is great technology tough! LG have similar in their QNED TVs - almost OLED picture quality without the burn-in scaremongering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

A bit OT, but we had a bit of them already...

So, I was reading about the new MiniLED backlights and the Samsung lineup for 2021 looks like that:

Samsung TV marketing department in their full glory :D I'm pretty sure we will also get something like QN93A exclusive to Currys and QN96AC exclusive to Cosco etc...

Seems like that backlight is great technology tough! LG have similar in their QNED TVs - almost OLED picture quality without the burn-in scaremongering.

I absolutely hate this type of ****, I can't understand why TVs aren't universally named and the same globally, it's annoyingly confusing and makes finding a TV with good reviews unnecessarily difficult and feels unfair in situations like that where one continent gets a better version than another. They should have simplified names as well and just go up in order each year, there are way too many models from each brand

The likes of LG should just come up with A B and C models which are premium, mid tier and affordable models and have different sizes, for example A55-21, A65-21, A75-21 which would then become A55-22 and so on next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭barry181091

Folks, you can get the 55CX now for 1215 in HN or Currys. First you go into Currys and get a 10% code from the ShopLive team

Once you get the code, you can add the CX to your basket and it will come to 1215 (Only deliver so an extra 25 for this).

HN will price match this 10% discount, plus they are also giving a free LG bluetooth speaker with certain tvs. This is how I did it. I don't think you will get this tv much cheaper going forward bar a clearance model.

EDIT: This applies to basically ANY product! Any oled/fridge/speaker etc for 10% off in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Great find mate. Think I paid 1250 that special easter Bank holiday weekend.

And can I just say. This tv is the **** business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

What’s the ShopLive team is that their customer support or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭barry181091

It is supposed to be someone in store that can go through any questions you have/show you products. For me it was a fella in a call center. I just asked for the code direct and got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Here's one for the learned (don't know where else to ask!).

Would the OLED65CX6 be a better buy than the (newer) OLED65A16? They're both at roughly the same price in Curry's at the minute.

I know the CX is last year's model, but I think it was built to a higher spec than the newer A1?!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭EarWig

The As are the lowest quality range. The CXs are the second highest range.

Being last year's model doesn't make a huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

AFAIK the new A models only use a 60hz screen, have weaker processors and poorer onboard sound. They dont even compare to the BX. I'd grab the cx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,

I have the LG 55 CX since December 2020 and am extremely happy with it. It is time to get some sort of soundbar/sound setup to go with it. Has anyone any suggestions\thoughts etc. or experience with what they bought for their own LG 55 CX?

Many thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks for that, have you bought this one? What sort of money are you talking about for an expensive soundbar?

Cheers,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭EarWig

Post edited by EarWig on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

I recently got a a Sonos setup Beam 2 and 2 Ones SL's.

I was blown away with the quality for that set up cost about 850 euro.

I added a Sub yesterday to round it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Post edited by IrishHomer on

• Advertisement

Advertisement