Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB unknown transactions

• 03-04-2022 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Last two days I've had transactions on my account (small - one for 24, another for about 25). Definitely weren't me. Two local businesses. Could be more TBH I'm a shocker at not keeping an eye on my account. Am waiting to call AIB in the morning, but just wondering if anyone can defraud an account without having the card?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If you have unauthorised transactions on your account you should call the card centre now, these may only be probing transaction before they hit you with the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stabilio

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Ya, it's a hassle, but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Nowadays it's easy to scan your bank card while you're waiting in a queue with a card in hands... Sometimes it's even possible to make a photo of your card with digits being visible... But scanner is easier as they can scan a card from a meter distance. That's why I use a protected wallet and try to use a Google Pay so I wouldn't expose my card details. Also, some outside ATM's are compromised too so safer to use the ones inside (bigger chance there's no scanning gadget attached by fraudsters). Some online shops are trusty either and they may keep and use your card details illegally. That's why safer to use a Google Pay or a virtual Revolut card.

Well done for checking account. Nowadays it's very important to check an online banking every day (!) to see what's happening and to react quickly if there's any suspicious transaction. Also, checking it frequently makes easier to remember previous transactions. Using online banking I wouldn't recommend logging in using a public wifi, though.

Advertisement