Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Have a Moron-Deal Breaker Point of Reference with people?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

F**kers who dont know how to go through security at Dublin Airport properly - have you 100ml in a see through bag, make sure no other liquids in the bag, take off your belt/watch/boots and go through. Drives me nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

They thought they had such a hard life being asked to wear a mask in a supermarket. I wonder do they look at how hard life is in Ukraine now and feel ashamed at the way they carried on? All the pointless protests in Dublin about the restrictions, giving Guards (just doing their job) a hard time at checkpoints, fighting with shop or train staff about wearing a mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Idont think you need to use these bags anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Not in Shannon but two weeks ago in Dublin it was still the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Would you believe I was just thinking back on this crowd today, thinking did half that stuff actually happen over the past two years?

The latest one of them is the woman harassing the the census man just doing his job she is filming him for her own protection (!) and saying she wants him to give her a copy of the contract where she agreed to complete the census. The Census man handled it very well, but should not have to put up with that in his job.

It brought it back to some of the other ones we've seen during COVID. The fella on the Bus Eireann bus refusing to wear his mask, abusing the other passengers and the driver who eventually called the Gardai. Then your man starts to abuse the Garda.

And dont forget the disgusting abuse Gemma O'Doherty gave young Garda Alan Liblique (RIP) and the tragic consequences. She wont ever have a days luck over that.

Once they start going on about the constitution, you just know its one of those individuals.

They really are the saddest human beings alive. like those losers who do the "Audits" of police stations, warehouses, government buildings etc then fight with the police when they turn up. actually the biggest losers are the people who leave comments under the youtube videos of the auditors telling them how much of a legend they are lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Idiots who make a complaint by abusing the front line staff or the underpaid person taking the call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Yes, those stickers irritate the hell out of me. I always think “ thanks for telling me, I was thinking of ramming you but now I won’t”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It wouldn’t occur to me to park differently just because someone else has a child in their car, but it’s because I expect people to settle any damage they cause.

It does sound like you were burdened with a parking neighbour who breached their parameters though, which isn’t nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i wonder what motivates people to buy those…they cost 4 - 5 euro im seeing. Get yourself a happy meal instead.

attention seekers of the world unite and take over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

They can prevent people who are thinking of ramming other drivers from actually doing it.

Ahhhh ok, I knew I was missing the obvious pertinence of their usage.. damn, it’s clear now…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It was close to closing time and 3 spots were free together. I parked in the middle spot dead centre.

When I came back a car had reversed in on the child seat side their wheels were on the line and their wing mirror prevented the door from opening wider than an inch.

On the other side the car parked on the line too but I could squeeze in. So child went into backseat then into passenger seat while I reversed out then I obviously had to swap them into their proper seat which delayed a few people..ah well.

I'm extremely careful with my car doors all of them, so I've never marked another car......but if someone dents your car how will you prove it was them...unless you take pictures each time you leave your car.

I knew someone who had two of those stickers on her car!!

Yeah, ok, someone who is thinking of ramming a car gives a damn whether there’s a child in tha car? They can probably barely read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

They probably have a short memory as well. Read what you wrote in post #259

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Why do you think it's directed personally at you?

You could also view it like an L plate , as in ..."I'm giving you warning that something might happen within my car out of my control but is going to cause me to react in a way you are not expecting so be a little more prepared to expect the unexpected"

So the driver is giving you a little heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

That is the way I treated any car with kids hopping around in it when I rode a motorbike.

Higher potential for unexpected to happen, which it did one day, in form of lane change without indicator and then clipped me.

All the attention on kids, takes from driving attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

People who check-in to A&E in hospitals on Facebook. Especially when they have brought their kids in. And the people who respond with “Ah chick the poor thing” .

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭ARX

People who creep forwards at a red light till they're on top of the pedestrian crossing. That won't make the light turn green any faster, you clown.

People who press the button at a pedestrian crossing, then walk across the road without waiting for the green man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I was in a taxi a few weeks ago and within about 2 mins of being in the car the guy had said "You don't get anything in this country if you're not black". Nothing he could say after that would change my low opinion of him. I'll add that I get plenty of taxis and I've never had any real issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Creeping forward doesn't make the light change any faster. It's obvious because i think we all know that the real power over the lights lies in repeatedly jabbing the button at the pedestrian crossing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Climate change deniers. Particularly the ones who dismiss scientific research in favour of the propaganda funded by the petrochemical industry and despicable creatures such as the Koch brothers.

They have this impression that they are smarter than everyone else when they are the most gullible group who swallow whole misinformation from “online sources”.

Complete morons.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

• Advertisement

Very true, and people who are vociferously religious too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Bigot!!!!!! Men can have babies too!!!!!

People who are strictly pro-science one minute, and can then completely disregard it and become strictly pro-feelings. Boards is like this, in Covid threads multiple people were warned/banned for even questioning the science, however in Trans threads science is malleable and almost a theory when faced with feelings.

Anyone with a mullet, how do they not see how awful they look?

Anyone who wears canada goose gear, northface. come on, have a mind of your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Anyone who gives out when it’s a hot day in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Snugglebunnies

People who buy designer dogs. We will never get along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People on podcasts ,or TV shows who say I love you , yes are you really in love with someone you talked to for 5 minutes on a zoom call,? does your wife know about this, it complete bullsh1t , if you love everyone it' means nothing

Its like big company's have pride logos on social media meanwhile they are giving big donations to Politicans who will pass anti trans laws or laws to ban abortion or limit women's rights

I think everyone should be polite and drive carefully follow the rules of the road keep a good distance from the car in front of if you can read a sticker on a window of the car you are probably way too close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

People who wish their mother/father, wife/husband, son/daughter a Happy Birthday on Facebook. You possibly live with them , say it to them directly. Or people who post a personal photo on FB of themselves and family members and then ‘like’ it or ❤️ it. Morons.

People who have unprotected sex with strangers, then complain about getting pregnant or getting the other person pregnant, not to mention the risk of sti's. absolute morons of the highest degree, there is no excuse. have some cop on and self control, you aren't a wild animal.

business people whose mood towards you depends on how tough / well business is going, and the proximity of other friends of theirs who are more 'beautiful people'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

....cause all humans behave rationally in the environment of potential sex!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Contrarians. Not so much the well informed ones who obviously have put a lot of thought into their position, but the run of mill modern social media contrarian who is pro populism, anti left, anti "woke", anti vax, anti lockdown at all cost types.

These people haven't a leg to stand on all almost all fronts and couldn't back up anything in a coherent way. They only hold the viewpoints they do because they don't like their right to do whatever the fúck they want curtailed. It's a selfish, childish way of looking at the world which denies they fact that we live in a society and need to work together for the common good. These are, of course, the same people that will come crying to the state to sort everything out for them when the shít hits the fan.

I know, smart people behave rationally and stupid morons dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'm at the end of my tether with a soon to be ex-acquaintance who is a chronic hypochondriac. Got her bloods tested recently. Results came back normal. She doesn't believe there is nothing wrong with her, particularly since a black doctor in the gp practice gave her the results!

And with that, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Sounds like they might be suffering from Somatic Anxiety. I'd cut them a little more slack as it can be a very debilitating condition

'Pregnant people'. 🤢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Anyone when in a group, keeps on bringing up the time (they alway do this!) in a work project when other project members contributed their expected product as normal, they only had to provide a tiny A4 document, and yaah they were done, no one minded and everything was cushdy.

People that post stupid stories on LinkedIn about how great the new normal of working from home / remote is.

All well and good putting up a shot of you on a conference call while on a beach or cooking lunch but then the employer clicks John or Mary is doing shagg all, can we outsource this job to the developing world?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Airports are a serious hub of frustration alright - maybe because in an airport you have no option to just steer clear of, or bypass, people acting in very frustrating ways.

Groups of people standing all over and blocking the travelators, crowds shoved right up against the baggage claim belt instead of standing a couple of feet back so everyone can see, people standing up in the aisle of the plane as soon as it comes to a standstill no matter how far back in the plane they're sitting etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

That last one gets me. Where possible, it makes so much more sense stand into a seat and let people pass. then when the queue gets back to you, you put your bags in the overhead lockers.

I'm not surprised people don't do it because because I don't suppose they've thought about it. But I'm surprised airlines don't ask people to do it. Makes loads more sense and would speed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I wonder is Michael O'Leary still a climate change denier! He argued that man made CO2 emitted is negligible in comparison to the CO2 that comes out of the total annual leaf fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I remember chatting to a glamorous women in 2018 towards the end of the heat wave. I ended up saying "it's been great whether, but we've had a bit too much of it now... think of how hard on the farmers". She smiled and said "oh my God I just hope it continues". It might seem like a harmless enough thing of her to say but it just screamed 'selfish' to me.

People who say things like

"I fudged the issue"

"I fast-talked him/her"

"I let on"

"Hold on....hold on..."

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

people who write "should of been"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

I think you might have taken her up wrong.

Also people who during a spell of fine weather in Ireland complain about it being too hot.

Advertisement