Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No, just no. You see that's the difference between Tubs & Co. - and clearly you - and me. I would say no, because I'm actually capable of looking at the optics of it and realize it does not look good, esp. for a charity event. It's an appalling attitude to have TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

No matter how its spun, even his most staunch supporters could not condone that behaviour. Its celtic tiger carry on, during a time where people are choosing between heating their homes or feeding their families.

Lovely to support friends etc but at what cost (and I don't just mean it financially). True friends know when they have your support, it's in the little things done in the background to help you carry the burden not the showy stuff. Many of us have lost loved ones during the pandemic who tragically had to pass away alone because of the restrictions....would one less show off really have been missed on Saturday, his wife, kids and grandkids were there and thousands of genuine people who could relate and empathise with him from their own experiences. This crass culture of "if you don't have pics for social media then it doesn't count" has to stop. Vulgar carry on.

Tubs had some week last week from a self-awareness perspective:

1) Revealed that RTE staff are doing his legal research for him and contacting Social Media companies about having his image removed from ads

2) Revealed the line that we knew was BS anyway from RTE that "gifts are given to charity" as he announced he was wearing a scarf that was sent in to the show

3) Decided he was suitable to do a duet with Michael Buble

4) Hijacked a charity event and made it all about himself

5) Took a helicopter (!!!!) flight costing thousands (to someone, of course Tubs didn't pay for it!) to said charity event, whilst letting Charlie make his own way to it

6) Asked listeners and RTE to fund a trip to Orlando and tickets to see Macca because it's his birthday!

7) Decided he'd like to be a Celebrity Judge (his words!) on Home Of The Year. What qualifications does he have to be a Judge on this show? None, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Charlie on Morning Ireland just now. Name checked Daniel O'Donnelll and the Clew Bay pipe Band amongst others. Strangely noe mention of the DLB Ryan T, though

Stay tuned for Flyin Tubridy 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Popcorn, get your popcorn here, folks!

2 beautifuls already.

Gentle dodging of the mode of transport used to grace the peasants with your presence and arrival.........

Charlie, Daniel, AND MYSELF..........

Ryan upset that he got his brogue shoes wet on the way up.

• Advertisement

Humans at their best... What does he actually identify as?

Helping people who have fallen.... Normal behaviour for most "humans"

And Dubarry have just been on to offer me a free pair of Dubes as a thank you for my heroic efforts on Saturday............

Exactly as I said.... If it wasn't on social media it didn't happen.... Jesus

"I was chronicling it all on Instagram because otherwise it didn't happen"

A little dig there Bryan? Not very kind is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Was the money raised for MND research or the Bird's nest they spoke about earlier on Morning Ireland.

I really should keep up with the news of the day.

Must be a thing now for all NK "Talent" Team members to mention the rest of the stablemates as often as possible, I've noticed this a lot lately. Ryan will probably mention Loddie shortly.

Good insight from a fellow climber... Daniel stayed with Charlie all the way... It appears from Instagram that RT didn't.... To busy mixing with his fans... Ery disappointing to hear he didn't walk in step with him. Just photo ops at the top.

"Send in those Jelly beans to me you peasant! And by the way, I prefer Jelly Babies so throw in some of those too!"

That was nauseating. Thankfully I'm out now.

• Advertisement

Ryan waiting for The Toyman to be introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

sounds like that guest will croak it any minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

His wife was interviewed, actually came across well. Such was the success and funds raised they've now got to plan as they hadn't expected over €2 million. Initially the Idea was for MND Research and some for Pieta House but with additional funds they are thinking of a respite centre near Beaumont Hospital amongst other things to include original aspirations. All good.

A Turd is a Turd, no matter how its sugar coated 😏

Actually surprised Tubs didn't take the day off god bless his cotton socks. It's been an exhausting weekend of finger pointing, making his way to the Helicopter, substantial amount of self back slapping and posing for photographs and monitoring social media updates.

No doubt Tubs will make it up over an extended Easter Break 🐣

• Advertisement

Well considering he didn’t understand Encanto I’d imagine the MCU would be a tad complicated for Bryan.

He likely has whiplash from all the self administered back slapping and pointing over the weekend.

Did she thank The Toyman? If not, she's a bad egg.

• I noticed when he said something to the effect “we had to put it all on social media because if we hadn’t it would be as if it all hadn’t happened”.

• Advertisement

Actually now that I think about it, No she didn't, it's Eggstrordinary she over looked Tubs but in fairness and before the admiration society join in, I don't think anyone was mentioned apart from All who supported, so to speak 😏

The man is deluded, the event had and continued to recieve massive publicity and exposure before RT jumped onto the Bandwagon ( or Helicopter for that matter) 😏

Completely deluded, it's an insult to all of the many people who worked so hard to make it happen and most of all to Charlie and Claire.

It's so apparant from his self promoting monologue today that he has never participated as a lay person in any class of community event other than in showman capacity. His amazement at the sense of love and solidarity of people pulling together for a common cause... Alien to him. He said he got four hours sleep the night before, there are parents and carers the county wide that survive on that amount of sleep every night but get up and go to work.

His monologue was All about him, god it was fertile ground for rich story telling from all of the interesting people he would have met along the climb, shame he didn't tell us about some of the helpers and also the craic that was had along the way, he just can't see past himself at all... Thinks we are all dying to hear how He got on. All that nonsense he goes on about too about being skinny etc. The man is fit as a fiddle, climbed Carrauntoohil last year but makes out like he's some class of weakling... Its so pathetic.

You'd almost feel sorry for him, a genuinely conntented, happy person would have absolutely no need to carry on like that.

I actually don't listen to his awful show, but the Thread offers excellent updates 😊

Please tell me this is not actually a real cover 😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Same here. I can't listen to him, or watch the LLS. I tried when he initially started on the LLS, but he is so uneasy and so absolutely unable to connect with guests, I had to give up. I enjoy this thread though.

I think the way that he has shoved himself front and centre into Charlie's climb, is astounding even by his own standards of empathy bypass, and complete lack of self awareness.

The grinning and that goddam pointing at Charlie at the top of Croagh Patrick is so inappropriate, it's unreal that he cannot see that for himself.

Riffn' Ryan (updated)

Riffin’ Ryan, Riffin’ Ryan,

Pretends to be kind but we know he's lyin'

Fake tears tonight he will be cryin'

When I listen to his Riffin’ inside I'm dyin'

With Charlie Bird he will go climbin'

You plebs can drive but he will be flyin'

Breaking Russian legs he's death-defyin'

When he asks a a question guests do be sighin'

Requested freebies always arrivin'

In a free car he do be drivin'

For a substantial raise he is applyin'

If you have cancer he will be pryin'

Licence fee payers he do be ridin'

Outrageous fees there's no denyin'

His lunches and dinners others do be buyin'

Jokes about war there's no denyin'

"They look like us" - what was he implyin'?

Entitled and deluded there's no denyin'

I'd write some more but my patience is tryin'.

You've hit it on the Nail 😁, I just bare to listen to him albeit I do check in on the LLS but primarily if I see something funny on the excellent threads created weekly. 😁

Thanks for that caught bits and pieces of the interview earlier. As you said all good things to come of the extra few quid.

Don't you know you know who will want to cut the ribbon when the time comes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As much as I admire CB for his resilience in doing the climb, and for helping raise 2m for charity, I can't get the idea of an 11yr and 8yr old watch their mother die climbing.

Rip Cora O Grady.

Well said, awful Tragedy and Charlie paid tribute to her in a pre recorded message played on morning Ireland, earlier .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Was just watching a video on YouTube and an ad came up in the middle of it featuring Ryan. Ad was something to do with a cryptocurrency company saying Ryan was promoting this company on his talk show. The American voice over pronounces his surname Turbreed! This must have been what he was talking about the other morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They have them with Elon Musk too.

If he, the richest man in the World, can't stop them there's not much hope RT will be able.

At least the denizens of this thread are unlikely to be seduced by Ryan into investing 🙂.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Says a lot about us as a nation when the fraudsters making the adverts think you themselves, "right time to try to con some Irish people. Who would be the top person in their country that they would trust and aspire to be".

And Tubs is the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Sunday Times report mentioned three other celebrities who were at Croagh Patrick on Saturday - Dermot Bannon, Karl Henry and Baz Ashmawy. Interesting all fellow clients of Tubs at NK Management. Do we know if he climbed the mountain or was helicoptered to a midway point? I suspect the latter. Utterly shameless his behaviour.

Advertisement