Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contractors show on TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

When does it be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

You can get it on the tg4 player any time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

She isn’t a great plough woman, just drop it and drive on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

This thread is dead, anyone see last nights episode where your man spreading the lime with the utility vehicle on boggy ground and he starts spreading on the roadway 20 yards before the field entrance? Wouldn’t you like to be employing him and his pyjama shirt to spread lime for you?

The ould lad getting a fill of green diesel must be getting a heart attack these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Have it set to record so I’ll catch up on it during the week.

find it very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

Excellent program. Good approach to have small, medium and large outfits on the best of land and marginal land.

A season 2 focusing on different lads would be an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Anyone else notice the amount of docks in the sileage grounds. Spent last year digging out docks , Seems now I am able to spot them a mile away .

Post edited by YellowRattle on

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Only saw one episode (the last one). Is it just following silage contractors around?

Also what's with all the drivers/contractors they all look really unhealthy carrying massive belly guts in front of them. Is that from being in a sited position all day?

Post edited by Easten on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Also what's with all the drivers/contractors they all look really unhealthy carrying massive belly guts in front if them. Is that from being in a sited position all day?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Sitting down, smoking cigarettes and eating **** food does not suit us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Yeah, most folk who sit on the back side to earn a living will carry a touch of weight. Suppose you could live with that if you were well paid on a iron horse with rubber wheels. Guessing most aren't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Odelay

That is a cute hoor buying a fire engine as a man lift to cut down big trees, and possibly wash industrial buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Are you sure? Might be just throwing good money after bad. Given the insurance requirements for saw work I'd imagine any lifting equipment would have to be certified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Odelay

It will have to be certified. That can be done. Costs money, but who else will have a 100ft boom at their disposal. He didn't build up that enterprise by making bad decisions, and if he did, the lad that never made a mistake never made anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I know him, he is a good lad, works hard and would have it sussed out what was needed before he bought the lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

To be fair, They're not all carrying the massive beer guts you're referring to, The donegal fellow would want to take a look at his lifestyle but he's the only one i've seen bar the auld boy who's carrying extra timber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Very good show although it will be interesting to see if they can vary it a bit to fill six episodes without the scripting you usually get on these things. TG4 show what quality can be done on a small budget and put RTE to shame. Even their player is better than RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭cute geoge

There is a great mix of contractors from Donegal to Kerry out to Conamara .I would never have known of all the small contract work around conamara and they are all likeable characters .Is it Pat or Allister is the tougher case ,surely Allister seems to manage everything himself from cows to repairs to driving .

Bualadh bos to tg4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Season 2,3 and 4: The lads try to get paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

I’d say the amount of lads that don’t pay are few and far between. I know we hear the stories of the lads that don’t pay but I’d say 99% or more pay up. Contractors are generally a disaster when it comes to sending bills or looking for money.

Any of the lads in business a few years know who to work for & who not to. It the new lads starting out that get caught. There is a lad around here has a very bad reputation, he is a right miserable f#@ker and his son coming on is as bad & not even as smart as the auld lad at hiding it. No one around will do any work for him & any lad starting off is warned not to work for him. This last few years a crew from Monaghan have been doing his silage but I hear they are well connect and insist on payment before the last field is lifted... It's a terrible for both the contractor or the farmer to have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jim Simmental

How many staff would pat have working for him? - seems to have a serious fleet and set up

interesting to hear him say agriculture makes up only 15% of his work these days

Hi Jim, there could be up to 40 lads working for them, they have a serious about of machines and are involved in a lot of stuff. They would do a lot of site clearing for roads, gas lines and that kind of thing. Ah they are great lads and brilliant for the community around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

The chap from tipperary with all the hedgecutters has a very impressive fleet. Must have great experience mechanically to split and tractor and fix gearbox. By the looks of it he must go on the railway with some of them ..

The Bob Dylan fan is a fantast musician, pre COVID if he was playing anywhere around it would be packed. He is also a very good farmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Grueller

To be fair, splitting a tractor is handy enough done. I have small enough experience and have split a TL90 here a couple of times and replaced the clutch in her, the gearbox is the impressive bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yeah Ollie Clarke is a brilliant entertainer very intelligent all round i would think !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Watchable programme. Interesting to see a lady driver and a lady driver that's not butch. Usually the types into driving tractors etc are very men like.

Not sure about the fire engine. How many jobs will you really get that a teleporter wouldn't do?

Yer man in Donegal.....might be carrying some amount of extra pounds but he has a fine missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭leoch

Think u need glasses

Advertisement