Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

320 k

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

The Leaf24 does what, 23kW/100km worst case

Most cars do about 30mpg in the real world - let's be generous and say 7l / 100km

Average fuel since 2015 has been around 1.6/litre - so a bit under €11/100km for an ICE

Assuming half the km were on free ESB chargers - and the other half was on peak rates ... we can blend to maybe 12c/kWh for the Leaf - or about €2.76 per 100km - let's call it €3

So that leaf has saved someone about €25,600 over 320k km - or about the price that was paid for it on day one ... I could live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never used that app, I think I remember getting an email from Nissan to say to use the NissanEV app for the Leaf. The one that looks like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Ha! I looked back through my emails and the dealer and mentioned that connect EV one, I obviously picked the wrong one from the app store 😂. But it works (including lock/unlock since recent update) so I will stick with it.

I assume you can have both apps going for the same car?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That car is manky dirty, couldn't even take it to a car wash if not bothered to wash personally, distinct lack of interior photos.

Quite possible that car had not been serviced in years and total BS about 120km range on a 24kWh Leaf with 2 bars gone

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

No chance of 120km. Its terrible that folk lie thru their teeth when selling cars.

My 2014 was at 130,000km with 1 bar gone, and I said it was averaging around the 100km if driven conservatively, worse in bad weather. No point lying IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

My 2014 was averaging 100km with 2 bars gone....right up until I changed job and half the commute was motorway. Depends how you drive and the roads you drive. But I wouldn't believe 120km either. It might show that on the GOM.....but nah, not buying it.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

My 2012 is averaging 105km in the colder months with little to no climate control use (9 bar and 71% soh). Current tyres are mediocre for range, so I'll be putting on a set of Goodyear efficientgrip and changing reduction fluid and hopefully it'll go up a little

Totally agree,it's a bad sign if he's too lazy and cheap to put it through a car wash.

He's also delusional about the price.

• Advertisement

The price is actually quite reasonable for the year, battery health and condition of the car from what we can see through the filth. There are 2012 models asking for more with less bars.

Stay Free

I think he'll be lucky to get 5.5 k for it,that mileage will put a lot of people off

You're probably right, but I think it will comfortably go above the 6k mark....or it would if he/(or she) had bothered to clean it. The seller also lists it as a base trim XE, where it is infact an SV model as far as I can tell. The XE had steel wheels with hub caps and had no infotainment unit. The mileage won't bother anyone who knows anything about EVs as long as the rest of the car checks out. It's a 2015 with the lizard battery. I'll be selling my 2012 with 9 bars remaining and would be expecting around the 6k mark. Granted the mileage is 200k less, but it's still on the older battery.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

Is yours a 30 or 24 kWh car? 105km seems very good range for a 24kwh leaf with a 71% soh battery

Most people won't have a clue about what the lizard battery means but they will zoom in on that mileage which is very high by EV standards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

It's an early car with 24 battery with the "poor" chemistry but I only paid 4k for it and loving it so far. I don't drive the car hard and let regen braking do most of the slowing down. Robert llwelyn said his 2011 did 106 miles (170km) when new when he hypermiled it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

We are tempted to buy an EV and are looking at a 2018 30kwh or 2019 40 kwh Leaf. There is 5K difference price wise. Our daily journeys would be between 80 and 100km with most being ~15km each way (school, work, gym, shopping, etc), some close to 10k each way others closer to 20. It would be our main car but we have a second petrol car which my kids are learning to drive on.

Is the 5k justified for the increased range, newer model, and potential resale value?

I'd go with the 2019 if you can afford the 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

• Advertisement

Important to ask is how are you planning to pay for it?

If you are going the finance route, you might consider what the difference in repayments would be. I was looking at 3 and 4 year old Leafs and found that the repayments for a used model and a brand new model were a few euro per month in the difference. The example that stands out was a 2018 40kWh Leaf and 100k klms on clock with monthly repayments of €442 over 5 years compared to putting down €4k and paying €466 over 5 years. Over the 5 years, that's an extra €1,440, which is well worth it for the sake a car car 4 years newer.

In the end, I ordered the Tekna (top) spec with 2-Tone paint for €34k (2k more than the Acenta (mid) spec. I'm paying 4k myself by choice to bring payments to an even €500pm. I could have used my own car as trade-in, but i'm selling privately to achieve better price.

Nissan appear to have again extended the 0% deal and expected delivery date was given to be July, so maybe a 222 plate unless it arrives early. Ordered mine a week ago. Look at your options, as new may make more sense.

Stay Free

I have a 2016 30kwh with over 140k kms which has suffered significant battery degradation, only getting average of 115km range during past few months. I find that range very limiting and results in constant range anxiety around whether I can do an additional unplanned journey. Consequently I charge to 100% most nights because I cant be sure I can complete one off journeys even with an 80% soc. I have a diesel as well so can use that when needed.

If I was you I would look to get the maximum range you can afford, especially if you plan to use it as your main car. Its aright pain to regularly experience the issue of having to do a relatively short unplanned journey but the car is just a few kms short on range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

@TomOnBoard spec is a little different but not by much, I think the 2019 has the cold pack.

@...Ghost... We were told the 0% PCP was gone, ended march but yes were were financing, and we did look at the new ones but since there was no difference in battery we were happy to save the money on the 2019 model (which still has warranty, etc). We were trading in so had about 5K equity which made repayments around 300 for the 2019, we were paying 250 a month for our diesel plus the running costs (~250).

@creedp I'm beginning to think that way with more research, I'd be more comfortable with the 40kwh I think. Especially when using the toys (AC/camera, heated seats, etc).

What's the battery state of health? Have you had the firmware update done?

I'd go with the 2019 myself, but would also check out going new as others have said.

Leafspy puts it between 77 and 79%. Yes I got the firmware update a couple of years back. From memory it increased the soh from around 88% to 95% but I'd need to check that. To be honest it didnt make an appreciable difference to the range at the time and in any case it wasnt long before it was sub 90% again.

Would agree looking at a new car shouldn't be overlooked as used car prices are very inflated at present particularly for EVs as you get €5k grant off the new car but IMO this is not being reflected in used car prices. In any case the more people that buy new today means I'll have a better choice of used cars in a couple of years!

The dealer website I used said that the 0% ended in January, but when I checked, it was still available and until end of March I was told. Looking now at the same dealer website and the Leaf still has the 0% finance option listed. They have a few branches in Dublin and the one I went with had included the price of metallic in the base price, whereas the more local one to me was charging €600 for metallic. If you want to know where I went, drop me a PM and I'll pass on the details.

Just a note: If you were getting an SV premium and you got 5k off your car as a trade-in, you'd be looking at €450pm over 5 years. In my mind, it makes more sense to go HP rather than PCP, as you'd be financing the whole loan at 0% with HP and you won't have any balloon payment to consider. That assumes you buy new of course.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

The 0% Finance offer did finished at the end of MARCH........but cars ordered by that date still qualify regardless of delivery date.

• Advertisement

Indeed it has ended, although it is still listed in the offers section of the dealer network I used. I'd be surprised if they didn't bring it back in, as I reckon it was a strong reason for the decent sales figures the Leaf has been achieving in the face of very tough competition.

Stay Free

Advertisement