Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebs money manager account

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If businesses only engaged with clients based on entitlement they won’t be long in business…people will seek their entitlement to do business elsewhere.

That makes no sense. What 'entitlement' are you talking about? A bank can close branches, reduce opening hours and/or pull out of the country altogether.

the EBS was formally good when they DID open a branch or two such as the old excellent West Moreland St one for a few hours on Saturday… skeleton staff and you’d be Qing for 10 minutes but a valued service… excellent staff and flexibility…

You said in post #32 that you've been with them for about 25 years. They stopped opening branches on Saturdays about 10 years ago. Which appears to be one of your major gripes. So why haven't you moved yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

my ebs app will not work into my revolut account, anyone else?

You said in a different thread that you don’t have an EBS current account. My experience with the EBS website is that you can only transfer to an external payee from a Money Manager account.

Put another way, if you have money in an EBS savings account, the only destination you can specify for an electronic transfer is another EBS account.

Post edited by coylemj on

Maybe just read the thread again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok posted this in KBC forum but did not see this also

Ok just looking around for accounts to switch current joint account to from KBC and was looking at switching to EBS

We only use the account for paying bills, mortgage and debit card for shopping and very rarely if any withdraw cash. Local branch near us so will drop down to them to discuss but just looking for user experience and what their online portal is like and do they have app for Banking

We both have Revolut cards but I can see that you can add your ESB card to this so would it be better to order second revolut card just for joint account and keep other one for personal used

All experiences welcome

Thanks

• Advertisement

Good idea, there can be some problems with the EBS debit card feeding into the revolut one, also ask if you can use EBS banking on line without charges.

We only use the account for paying bills, mortgage and debit card for shopping and very rarely if any withdraw cash.

The EBS debit card is contactless but does not support Google Pay so you won't be able to tap your phone at the checkout. You can set up DDs and pay bills online, transfer money to payees etc. I use the EBS Money Manager account to service all my direct debits.

Local branch near us so will drop down to them to discuss but just looking for user experience and what their online portal is like and do they have app for Banking

Wouldn't waste my time going to a branch to 'discuss'. Unless you have an appointment to discuss a mortgage or one of their financial products, the only people you'll likely see in a branch are cashiers and there's often only one of them on duty.

I have an EBS Money Manager account for several years and I have a Revolut account so ask all the questions you want answered here. There is no mobile app and the EBS website is not mobile friendly. You can login on a mobile phone but you'll need to turn the phone into landscape and you'll need good eyesight! So if you decide to open an EBS MM account, I would do so on the basis that you will do all of the housekeeping at home, on a tablet or a laptop.

We both have Revolut cards but I can see that you can add your ESB card to this so would it be better to order second revolut card just for joint account and keep other one for personal used

Can't answer that question but you can store details of your EBS Debit card in your Revolut account, this allows you to instantly withdraw money from your EBS MM account into your Revolut account.

And to answer poster horse7 in the previous post, there are no fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

https://www.curve.com/en-gb/ - get this FREE card and you can use google pay and money will come from your EBS Money Manager account. PM for an invite code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Apogee

Is it possible to setup a Standing Order online with EBS, or must it be done in branch?

It requires a hardcopy mandate. I'm not sure if you can post it, I suspect that you need to bring it into a branch so they can verify that you are the account holder, perhaps by getting you to insert your debit card into the cashier's card reader. There's no mailing address on the form, which would suggest that it has to be handed into a branch.

Here's the form (PDF download) ....

https://www.ebs.ie/content/dam/ebs/pdfs/useful-forms/ebs-dac-standing-order-mandate.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is there still no mobile app? Deal breaker for me

Looking to move from PTSB. We currently have 2 single current accounts and a joint. We also have a joint account with AIB which is free as mortgage payment goes out to AIB from it.

AIB looked a good option until I looked at the fees charged per transaction. Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

So standing orders can't be created, removed or modified online?

I have like 6 standing orders that I need to modify every now and then, so not being able to do this online would be my deal breaker. Can someone confirm?

Is there still no mobile app? Deal breaker for me

There is no mobile app and the website is not mobile friendly. Meaning that if you bring it up on a mobile phone or tablet, it will look exactly the same as the image you'll see on a large display using a desktop PC.

So standing orders can't be created, removed or modified online?

To change a standing order ..

In order to amend a standing order we require a signed instruction to do so, signed by all parties on the account. This can be posted to 10 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, D02 R126, faxed to 01 874 7416 scanned and emailed to info@mail.ebs.ie or dropped into an EBS office.

I've had an EBS MM account for several years now and, from experience, they hardly ever add new features or upgrade existing facilities. The last time they gave us extra function was when they added contactless to their debit card about two years ago but none of their cards are supported by Google Wallet (formerly Google Pay).

It's free for a reason.

Post edited by coylemj on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks we have decided to keep our PTSB single accounts for now and close the joint account. Will use our free AIB one instead .

Advertisement