Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was crossing a long wooden bridge and saw a message saying "boss, snake". Got to the other side prepared for a boss fight before it dawned on me that someone was making an MGS3 reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,807 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had Latenna ash the whole time but like all the others, locked away in the cupboard. Got her to +10 straight away and she does some tasty damage, went straight back to commander Niall and ..... got absolutely wrecked. I'm finished a few quest lines at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I tried Latenna a few times, but she's very much a glass cannon. It forces you to pull aggro to keep the enemies off her rather than the spirit ashes being tanky and pulling aggro to allow you to heal, use items or get in a good position.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Iron Pineapple's 'Pacifist' run (i.e. no direct damage from the player) is quite the feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

Been going around clearing out caves, between my rivers of blood and Latenna, we are wrecking the place. I got Niall down to 25% health so getting there, his time will come soon. Level 89, 40 hours in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone else killed bosses with a Double KO? It's happened about 5 times to me already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's a five minute clip which you'll be thankful I've cut down to the end. I feel it necessary to point out I've never suggested I'm good at this and I was quite drunk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That fucker!

I was the same. You can get a load of hits in and then other times he is slithering around and you can't touch him. I had mimic tear dead and him on a sliver of health and managed to double KO him in the end which counted as a victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭bren2001

I feel like I grinded too hard early game. I'm level 100 with my mimic tear at +10 (second I got it I had the items to upgrade it to +10). I beat Morgott, the Omen King on first try. My go to now is summon the mimic tear, stand in a corner and blast enemies with rock smash. Mimic tear does the hard work. I have not broken a sweat in a few hours.

Happened once or twice alright, usually while screaming "DEATH AND/OR GLORY!" in my head.

My worst was dying to a boss, and while in the death animation my Mimic struck the killing blow. I got the weapon reward for killing them, but no runes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I got Morgott first try as well, it's a particularly easy fight as a mage. The hard fights are still to come :)

This made me belt out a laugh.

I used to look forward to your Bloodborne updates ever day. Was nearly as epic as the game itself.

I realised earlier I had 9 golden seeds and enough for two extra flasks and was hit by waves of joy, regret, irritation and bewilderment.

so i'm closing in on 90 hours played and watched a video on the 10 hardest bosses earlier and I've only fought one of them. That was Margit who is only on the list because you encounter him so early. Suddenly my future doesn't seem as bright.

Level 110 and 85 hours in. I'm at Atlas Plateau. I completed Ranni's questline last night. Also spent an hour fighting alecto black knife ringleader in an evergaol. Very tough fight that took a while to figure out.

I feel the game is coming to the end but also feel like there's still a massive amount of content ahead of me. I might need to take a break and play something shorter. This is taking up most of my free time.

You have a good third of the game ahead of you. If you haven't done Stormveil Castle, you have three full legacy dungeons - assuming you go out of your way to do the optional hardest one - left to go (four if you haven't done Volcano Manor), and most of the game's hardest bosses. The remaining open-world areas are nowhere near as dense with stuff as the earlier ones, but are still fairly significant chunks of game.

I hear there's a wall in Volcano Manor you have to belt fifty times for it to disappear and it doesn't lead to anything interesting. I need to go back and do that.

• Advertisement

I thought Volcano Manor was like a hub for invasions or something? Some lovely people to talk to and some rooms with hidden corridors but i didn't find any bosses or big areas.

Oh there's an entire dungeon to be found in there, my friend :) If you follow the hints given by a certain serpentine character and have found some hidden walls there's a big, big area to be explored.

Excellent, back to the manor!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Getting there a different way was one of my favourite earlier surprises in the game! I managed to go back and do the boss that way before getting there through normal progression.

Christ. So loads more to go.

Think I'll take a break an play some shorter games for a bit and go back.

Just a small note of caution that there are a good few unique items hidden behind the NPC quests there that you'll get locked out of if you finish the main boss of the area. You do need access to one later area to follow the quests fully, but if you've fought Niall you're as far as you need to be :)

And there are no consequences for doing the assassination quests either. The last one in the Mountaintops of the Giants is a really nasty fight though!

Ah i saw an icon for an npc looking to give me a quest related the volcano major but i didn't want to go down that path, will give it a look see so, thanks.

Finished that icon by the Colosseum, went back to volcano Manor and I'm now in the gang. Found the huge open space but should i try finish quests (can't see any more on the map) or an i good to proceed on the open dungeon area?

Best to finish the quests first (there should be a contract on the table beside Bernahl). Once you've beaten the third target (in the Mountaintop area), tell the woman in the chair (forgot her name) and you'll be teleported to outside the boss area. Fast travel back to Volcano Manor instead and work your way through the area behind Volcano Manor. There are some things you might miss if you take on the boss straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

As a mage I started that last fight with my usual magic attacks, and he murderised me, just couldn't hit him. Then I went back to my tried and trusted rock sling, which I hadn't used in ages. He couldn't get to me before he was dead. Love that sorcery.

Advertisement