Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Ionised

Collected Executive Plus 58kwh in White last week. Traded Mini Cooper SE.

Only went to local dealer to enquire about ordering for delivery towards the end of the year, but they happened to have one for immediate delivery in colour and spec I would have ordered.

Not as fun to drive as the Mini but way more comfortable and better tech. Finally can use Android Auto again!

It is a tad larger than the Mini though 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I went enquiring for availability a week or two ago across a couple of dealers and was told more or less that there are shipments supposed to be due in for May but this will likely be June\July. We were planning on waitin til end of year to put a deposit down but going on comments here, it could become harder and harder to get your hands on one of these as the year progresses...decisions decisions..

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

I was told July delivery too, the lowest spec available with a 73kwh battery is the Premium (so executive plus not available & premium LE not available). The 58kwh is available for all specs. Both dealers I spoke to said they don't know if the 73kwh will be available in the executive plus again .

I'm wondering maybe the executive plus will be available again in the new year with the bigger 77kwh battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Don’t take anything a dealer says about availability and delivery as gospel. They simply are operating blindfold as are, to some extent, Hyundai Ireland.

From talking to Hyundai over the last six months or so, it seems that there are so many model variations around the world to meet local construction and use regulations and market requirements, that national Hyundai branches were meant to order based on firm customer orders plus a small spare inventory per dealer. Each car was to be allocated a VIN and assigned to an individual customer or dealer as building was completed. My car’s VIN was allocated to me as it came of the line in November.

This is unlike other mass market manufacturers which build cars for a market and the dealers draw from a pool of completed cars for that country - thus the vast arrays of stored cars seen in the past in fields in the U.K. or on massive dealer lots in the USA.

By announcing the car at the start of 2021 Hyundai had estimated in their pre announcement planning that they would have enough orders plus spare cars for each market by the different dates the car was launched in each country.

By January 2021 Covid and its attendant supply problems had hit but the original plans went ahead. The parts supply chain problems have, if anything got worse and demand has been even better than expected in every market.

It seems that now they will allocate to individual order for those prepared to wait. Otherwise they are building in reduced numbers the models they feel they can sell in each market and delivering those as inventory for distribution to dealers unsold.

In Ireland there is a limited market. The models differ in various ways from other right hand drive markets such as the U.K., Australia and New Zealand.

With the difficulty in component supply, a limited market in Ireland and the national company having to assess what can be sold quickly from inventory, in addition to specifically ordered cars, the national company is only advised what it is getting for for inventory once the cars are on the boat.

It may be some time before things return to what was to have been normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭eagerv

Can't understand why Hyundai continue to supply different specs to different Countries particularly within Europe. Other manufacturers have stopped doing this, simply disabling items that may not be legal in a certain country.

• Advertisement

Not totally true. If you ignore the need for speedometer and odometers to be in kms in Ireland, there is no reason for Irish and UK specs to be different yet most manufacturers often offer lower specs here.

My last three cars had exactly the same spec here as the rest of Europe. My present car (Tesla) is the same worldwide. Manufacturers are thankfully slowly changing, however Hyundai and some others don't appear to yet. At least my wifes' base Ioniq 5 Executive looks better quipped than the UK lowest spec Connect and when we purchased was cheaper too (At the exchange rate of the day)

Post edited by eagerv on

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Was told today by dealer that Premium Plus that had been due early / mid April will now be end May.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Similar story for me. Don't have any details re which carrier it is due on so I wont hold my breath for end of May either.

It is ridiculous that cars going to anywhere in the EU should differ, one country to another. The only difference for Ireland being the right hand drive layout.

Years ago Ford announced that the Mondeo would live up to its name as a “world car”. Having seen and driven models in the U.K., Ireland, Germany and the USA nothing could be further from the truth. Apart from allowing for the variations due to construction and use, very little apart from the floor pan and some engines was common to cars in each country.

Hopefully environmental concerns will force manufacturers into greater commonality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Deposit finally paid on a Lucid Blue Executive.

Going to be a two EV household now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

You'll be fighting over the charger!👊👊👊,good luck with the new car🚗

We'll work it out. As long as she doesn't treat the car the same as her phone and charge it for 10 minutes before she leaves 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭grennscreener

anyone know if we're getting the Hyundai version of kia charge?

Hyundai will eventually have the Charge my Hyundai card available here. It was expected to be available from March this year but it seems there is a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

The new pricing and amendments to the current specs. Don't know when the new pricing applies but I'd imagine it will add €3,000 minimum to the executive model, going by the fact the UK pricing is increased by £3,000.

It's not worth an extra €3,000 plus to me anyway. Looks like a battery heater will come as standard now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

I think that's when the first ones will be made , or that's my take on it anyway.

That'd make more sense. When I was ordering mine during the week they didn't know anything about an update to the trim levels.

The vision roof, auto flush door handles, relaxation seats, tech pack and eco pack are already included in the Premium Plus in Ireland, such as mine, deliverd in January. There have been loud complaints from some in the UK about the lack of these in the Ultimate, currently top of the range in the UK.

The rear view camera mirror and bigger battery will be available here on the Premium Plus but the digital wing mirrors may be an extra.

• Advertisement

How much will the smart frequency dampers add to the handling ? are they worth waiting for?

Is the battery conditioning just a software update on cars manufactured prior to this update ... (excluding executive here as it hasn't a heat pump)

Can V2L adapter be purchased in Ireland for the lower specs

Unless you are addicted to sport mode, I’d suspect the smart frequency dampers effect won’t be that noticeable in normal driving. Certainly driving in South Kerry and South West Cork, the current handling is fine the low centre of gravity helps the car stick to the road. It may help improve the ride quality on rough roads though this is already good.

The battery conditioning should be a firmware upgrade available over the coming over the air upgrades. It seems it only kicks in when using the nav system en route to a charger.

The V2L adapter is available in the U.K. and the USA as an accessory but I can’t find it available in Ireland.

The digital wing mirrors and rear view camera mirror would be the last things I would want. Prefer to be able to move my head to get a different field of view..

Thanks

Just noticed on the image posted above, the battery heater and preconditioning is on the SE connect spec.....and the premium spec has + heat pump.

This would suggest these are 2 different things? We have the heat pump in Ireland, but is the battery heater already installed on existing cars?

From looking online Seems the battery heater is needed for the fast DC charging.

Is this rear view camera already on the premium and premium plus here?

The battery heater operation is distinct from the heat pump operation and, as I said in a previous reply, is linked to the nav system. It works when you select an EV charger as your destination and isn’t yet available as a firmware upgrade on 2021/2022 first issue cars.

The rear view camera in the 2023 spec is NOT the reversing camera fitted to current models. The camera referred to is to be fitted above the rear window and will give an image in a screen that will replace and look like a standard rear view mirror. It is to answer the criticisms of the lack of a rear wiper. The reversing camera will remain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

The smart dampers aren’t an adjustable sport suspension. They are the same dampers from EV6 for rear suspension.

Stops the rear suspension with weight from rear motors from hitting bump stops, crashing.

In 2500 kms over some of the roughest roads in Kerry and Cork I’ve yet to come across any hitting of the bump stops. No doubt there will be some improvement, but how many will notice it.

If, as you say, the system comes from the EV6 this would be a logical cost reduction for the group - why have two different systems when one does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gandalphs Brother

Does anyone know what causes the error message when trying to switch Utility Mode on?

Sometimes it works just fine, but on other occasions I get a message saying, 'Utility Mode Operating Conditions Not Met', which isn't very helpful.

In both cases, I have the car switched on and just go through the EV menu to the Utility Mode option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I'd love to know too!!!! I haven't successfully used it because I keep getting that message!

Advertisement