Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business laptop recommendation request

• 04-04-2022 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I realise this is a well-trodden topic but also one that so quickly goes out of date ... I need a new laptop - mainly for word processing and research using Office Onedrive, Onenote, word etc. Also occasional netflix (etc) but hardly any gaming.

I don't know enough to distinguish between the various current offerings. I was advised by IT department to get 16gb ram and i5 or preferably i7 processor and to get windows 11 pro though I presume I can buy that separately.

I don't replace my computer frequently so would like to 'futureproof' the purchase if at all possible.

I'm not too worried about screen size - I get used to the size quite quickly. Low weight would be great but quality/reliability is more important. Ditto battery life - I am used to carrying a charger as my current battery life is very low.

I was looking at Asus Zenbook 13 UX325EA with i5 or i7 processor and 16gb ram or the Zenbook 14UX433D. I like the Asus keyboard. I was also wondering about a Huawei Matebook but the version that provides my level of spec seems expensive.

Budget is between 1,000 and 1,500 but would be delighted to pay less and would stretch to more if it were really worthwhile.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions or tips on what to look for.

Comments

Advertisement