Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭rogber

Your constant anti European rants are extremely tedious.

Let's not forget that the UK and especially the Tories have allowed the same Russian oligarchs who benefit from and prop up Putin to use London as their playground for the last two decades, and they also continue to do business with Saudi Arabia, a country whose conduct in Yemen is very comparable with the Russians in Ukraine.

Yes, Germany and France have made mistakes and put money before people, but Britain has lots of blood on its hands too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Well they seem to have manufactured APCs for the Irish Defence Forces in the past but yes: it seems they only actually manufacture drive-train components (and prototype vehicles) in Ireland and otherwise they design and license out manufacturing globally.

I think you make the mistake of assuming being a pariah in the West means Russia will become the new North Korea. It won't. It has massive markets and friends in China and India, among other places, it has products and services other countries want and need, they will happily fill the gap the West leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭jmreire

Wonder what kind of tank it was? One of former Russian tanks, now under new management? Or one of the old reliable?? If so its a pretty lethal piece of machinery. I once read a comment from a farmer British tank commander who said that pound for pound, the Russian T34 was the best all round tank in the ww2. Way better than the British, American and German tank's in the same class.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You mean "anti EU rants" not anti European. The days of getting away with equating the EU with Europe are truly gone now.

"have made mistakes" 😂

They were not mistakes though were they? They knew full what they were at and are still at it regardless. Thats policy, not a mistake

The pillars of the EU turned out to not to give two **** about Europes security and it's stinging certains peoples holes that its now apparent. "Ehh...look over there at the middle east, where no fooker is invading Europe" If the UK was funding this war you wouldnt be quiet about it would you? I imagine you'd be "extremely tedious" 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

A better analogy would be something like:

(Apologies to anyone actually from the Ballymun Flats, I'm just trying to make a point)

Someone from the Ballymun Flats breaks into your house, beats your kids, rapes your wife. You find out later that this happened but you don't know who from Ballymun actually carried out the attack; you just know it was someone from the flats.

Later on you come across several random men from the Ballymun Flats. You threaten them with your weapon and they surrender to you. You bind their hands. You then execute them without any evidence these were the actual men from Ballymun who carried out the attack. In fact statistically it's highly unlikely these were the same men who did so.

Is this okay; in your view? Because that's the scenario that started this whole discussion.

If you do think that's okay well I wholeheartedly disagree with your view of the world.

And you expect they won't hit back?

Eh? Of course I expect them to hit back. And when Russian soldiers surrender I expect them to be treated the same way Ukraine want their own prisoners to be treated. And then later they can be used in prisoner exchanges to get Ukrainian prisoners returned back to their families and country; or if there is evidence of war crimes they can be tried and punished appropriately. What about that is so hard to understand?

I mean personally I don't even find that a quick death is even a just punishment for raping children. They should spend their lives terrified that Ukraine or someone else will catch up with them; and when they are caught they should be jailed and forced to confront what they did every day in the confines of a prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Q raised on Twitter/Reddit earlier.

Where are those Antifa lads in all of this?

There's literally a fascist invading a peaceful country. Why are they not counter protesting the lads in Berlin for example?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Just to point out that, technically, one could argue that any soldier of the Russian army is an accomplice to crimes they commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

because Antifa originates from the usual dis-information which was churned out during the info war while Trump was being elected and in his early office tenure...

can't exactly have them shooting themselves in the foot

As someone else already said, you sound like some Farage-loving Brexiteer. The fact that Zelensky desperately wants Ukraine to be fast tracked into the EU is a point you conveniently ignore, the organisation can't be all bad, though it certainly has its flaws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Just another story of another killing in Bucha

"Speaking to the BBC by phone alongside his mother, Alla, the 14-year-old gave his account of what happened next. "We told them that we weren't carrying any weapons and that we didn't pose any danger," he said.

"Then my father turned his head my way, and that's when he got shot… He was shot twice in the chest, right where the heart is. Then he fell."

At that point, the teenager said, the soldier shot him in his left hand and he fell too. While he was on the ground, he said, he was shot again, this time in the arm.

"I was lying on my stomach, I couldn't see anything that was happening around me," Yuriy said. The soldier, he said, shot again, aiming at his head. "[But] the bullet went through my hood."

Yuriy said the soldier shot again, this time at his father's head. But Ruslan was already dead. "I had a small panic attack, lying there with my wounded arm underneath me. I saw that my hand was bleeding," he said.

It was only after a while, when the soldier went behind a tank, that Yuriy got up and ran, he said."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

With noting that antifacist was a term dreamed up by communists as a PR cover for their actions, used a lot in in East Germany fittingly enough. Them boys wont have anything to say about defending europe from anti democratic forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And people here still argue that Ukrainians should take a minute to think of the Geneva Convention before shooting Russian soldiers

According to Lavrov all "hysteria, provocation and lies". Seriously, when these guys get into bed at night, what do they think? Do they experience even a glimmer of doubt about whether they are doing the right thing? Or conscience is genuinely clean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hear hear! I've been saying that round here for years! If you can't make your point in less than 10 lines you'd be better off moving off from social media and writing to the Irish Times or maybe Joe Duffy. Most of them sound like they're retired muinteors or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It is really getting disturbing.

Earlier today you posted a link to a video or two, unconfirmed if real or fake, showing only a very short story without context, and you are basing like already 20 posts on them. Some people reading only your later conversation would assume that Ukrainians (for sure) committed the same atrocities as Russians. And with 20 posts you are engraving such a message into brains of people reading it. Don't you see that you are playing into Russian propaganda? And it doesn't matter, if you do it knowingly or just in a heat of discussion, but you really do. So think about it. Think how much damage such posts can really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Ukraine isn't going to be allowed join the EU

Your rants make so little sense there's really nothing to respond to.

Latest polls show 90 percent of Ukrainians also want to join the EU.

A statistic that will doubtless have you foaming at the mouth even more

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Unfortunately this is war and mercy should be in short supply for people invading there home country, bombing and shelling where ever they see fit at random, you don't get to kill children,women, the elderly, the sick and starve cities and expect mercy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Clean, they are psychopaths, which means sociopaths in common sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A better chance but still not going to happen.

It was always the Ukraine when I first learnt of geography. Zaire is not forgotten either.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

You seem to think these Russians that murder civilians deserve mercy, the Ukrainians should most certainly execute all and every pow they get.

These Russians don't deserve the same rules as proper soldiers these are killing unarmed people and bombing hospitals.

I have 0 sympathy for Russians at this point they are getting what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭blackcard

You would think that the British could afford a full time commander? Experience of tractors would be a help I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭threeball

Why do people even bother sitting around listening to this clown. As soon as he opens his mouth everyone should leave, the cameras and lights turned off and leave him sitting in the dark. He should eventually be arrested and handed over to the Ukranians.

pretty sure they go to bed with a bottle of vodka and lots of sleeping pills

• Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭threeball

You think? I don't see them as any different to Putin. He's Putins Goebbels. I'd say he sleeps like a baby. Just like that psychotic bitch they used to roll out at the start of the conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I think you meant to write "not be pragmatic" rather than "be pragmatic" ?

Sure, strategists would love to be dealing with certainties but peoples' lives count for something too

Some say he isn't crazy, I believe he is. One hopes that the Russian military consider him crazy too

This guy --

https://youtu.be/fypBI2ovxP8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Poster has a few explanations for his views (edit: his reasons why Ukraine wants to join the EU when it is so awful according to him).

The Ukrainians and their leadership are suffering from erm, "false consciousness" wanting to join the EU. They perhaps are naive, don't know the beast like the Wise British maybe?

Or the EU is some "cartel" (said this a few times), so it stands over everyone around Europe waving their trade willy about, forcing countries join up or else.

It's, whisper it, almost as bad as Russia really. He's made (more than) a few posts putting a lot of blame on France & Germany's policies for Russia's war.

As you say it is a such load of dribble and very British-brexiteerish. More swivel eyed creatures on the right of the Tories were maligning it as the "EU-SSR" for years and now these people run the Conservative party and of course the UK government and their view is British policy so dyr is in good (or exalted) company in a way.

Ah well, I'm sure Putin has been laughing up his sleeves at the whole thing for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement