Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No, it just proves that the fraudsters don't do their due diligence on Boards 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes I've seen that and similar banner adverts claiming Irish celebs promoting certain products, services. Miriam "Genuinely " O Callaghan took FB to court over it .

I wouldn't believe any Advert Tubs was doing unless it was promoting himself 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The richest man in the world doesn’t have RTÉ staffers trying to stop it though, does he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ryan Tubridy is a Puppet....Noel Kelly is a Puppet master pulling the strings.....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist....

Official Ireland has never heard of NK Management....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Thread is fire since Charlie climbed the mountain.

One would hope that this is a sign that people are finally seeing through this grasping, grinning misery monger. It's a forlorn hope, but I'm hanging on to it with both hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Correct Steven, when a lad like Baz gets a multi show series, one really has to wonder.

When a lad like D’Arcy is on 400k one really has to wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

RTE are a repulsive organisation. NKM is a repulsive company. Both organisations are nothing but parasites gorging on the blood of the people of Ireland. Tubridy is a fake, Duffy is a dim witted buffoon and D'Arcy is just a sap. All on massive fees c/o Noel Kelly.

Any sort of a half-arsed investigation into the corruption (imo) between RTE and NKM would result in scandal after scandal being uncovered, it's just that nobody wants to start the investigation, for fear of poking the bear.

And as for the the constant defence of both RTE/NKM by the RTE guy around here - it's both tiring and disgusting in equal measures. Thinks he's doing a great job making people realise that RTE are brilliant and it's just a few cranks with a grudge here...let me tell ya, that's a massive fail and an own goal at the same time. People are sick of this sh!t. Bang of Lavrov off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

They would see a broadcaster with an audience of over 350,000 and that would be their target. A few cranks on the internet would hardly dissuade them.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

Speaking of utterly shameless... A girl twisted her ankle on the climb.

The Mirror, of course, reports Tubs to be the hero.

A quick glance at instagram shows that as per standard RT it's just all about the photo opp.

In her video you will see the grinning RT in full self promotion mode...

Meanwhile, Karl Henry, who doesn't get a mention, and is merely referred to as his "crew" was actually the one who aided her. It's some carry on.

And regardless of who helped her, isn't this not just normal discourse!?! We need to stop putting people on pedistals for doing the ordinary decent things...

RT waxes lyrical about how kind instagram is and twitter is full of mean people... Is it any wonder he has this view. Refers to the Internet as "the wild west"... The only cowboy I see here is him... Sitting on his backside "helping"

• Advertisement

Ah the old "look at the audience numbers" argument again. We've had one major "transfer" in recent memory, that of Pat Kenny to Newstalk. It has taken Pat 9 years (he left RTE in 2013) to build a decent audience despite enormous promotion of the switch at the time and since. And what happened on RTE Radio 1 when Pat left? Oh that's right, Sean O'Rourke - a comparative unknown, actually grew the audience, despite not being a "name".

What happens to the audience when Tubs/D'Arcy/Duffy go on their many holidays? F - all. There is inertia in Irish audiences to the station, rather than the presenter.

Are you actually suggesting these people are worth the fees they extract from the state broadcaster? Seriously? Duffy's show in particular has almost zero paid advertising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I should have mentioned the 650,000 viewers he gets on TV as well. That is an attractive target for the fraudsters making scam advertisements. Convince even a few dozen of them to "invest" in crypto by impersonating Tubridy, and it would be worth their while.

Do you think he’s good value then? And D’Arcy? And Duffy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i don't think competency means popularity, would i listen to tubridy if it was well organised, efficient and perfect? i'm not sure, at the min it's a cross between alan partridge and brass eye and that's my kind of humour.

Oh don't get me wrong that's why I listen too. But it's completely unintentional on both the host and RTE's part that it's coming across as such to sections of the audience.

If you were to tell Tubs that he comes across as a cross between Partridge and Brass Eye he'd firstly ask "What is Brass Eye?", and secondly be utterly confused as to why you think he resembles Alan.

In his mind he's convinced he's doing the country a service by telling us all about his jolly japes and the peculiarities of the daily adventures of the boy in the bubble - and thinks that the while country gets a lift from his #TrademarkKindness.

There's a depth to his shallowness.

like when partridge laughs when Roger Daltry mentions his charity work and asks alan what he does for charity and Alan tells him it's very important to him and in fact he's a major patron for the charity that helps people who own statley homes with the upkeep and maintenance as they are very expensive to run!

there's a newish thread on boards specifically related to darcys' f* ups :)

Don't forget - violent tv shows are horrible and disgusting, except Peaky Blinders because there are Irish people in the cast and therefore it is brilliant!

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Clinton!

• Advertisement

Imagine getting €500,00 a year to waffle about tv programmes you've watched?

Clinton was a good egg, esp. to women. He was very generous and giving to very many of them.

Incoherent blabbering this morning about some Putin thing he watched, that hes telling us we should watch, but he doesn't know what it's called or what chanel it was on.

Great recommendation yet again... Zero effort

Can't you ask one of your staff to do that research for you? Do you not have democracy in your heart? Enough to delegate to one of the staff?

Tubs in full-Poirot mode this morning.

"Have we reached the zenith of photographic narcissism?"

I think you actually did this Bryan last Saturday morning on Croagh Patrick.

Trump accent again. As bad as ever.

He's team actually told him to move on it was so bad

Then he moved onto talking about narcissists taking selfies..... The irony

Today's content is shockingly bad

• Advertisement

Reading out top 10 lists of scents and other nonsense... There'll be nothing left for poor D'Arcy today

think he had a good half hour scheduled on croke patrick but was pulled and is struggling for content!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Oookayy full bad egg mode today all British pubs are terribly bad , because some meanie told him to hurry up with his half pint he was nursing for an hour.

So in tubs head if something bad happens to someone you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

But if it happens to tubs then you blame everyone 🙄

RTE Alphabet:

A is for Arrogant

B is for Bonkers

C is for Cancer

D is for Death

E is for End of Life

F is for Fees

G is for Gorgeous

H is for Holidays

H is for Holidays

H is for Holidays

H is for Holidays

I is for Incompetent

J is for Ah Jaysis

K is for Kindness

L is for Lack of quality presenters/programmes/content etc.

M is for Misery

N is for Nepotism

O is for OMG!

P is for Patronizing

R is for Retainer

S is for Sickness

T is for Traumatic

U is for Undertaker

V is for Vulture

W is for Wealth bestowed on Staff and their extended families

X is for Xenophobia

Y is for Yachts

Z is for De Ah Zoo

Notes:

H appears 4 times as there are so many Holidays.

There is no "Q" as Q is for Quality.

That was so weird.. Said with zero connection to anything!

• Advertisement

Even by the usual standard of fare served up it was frightfully bad.

He's obviously heading to London next week for his mid term break....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I'd say the connection was, one of the staff took his glass to fill it with water to get rid of the lip smacking / spitty mouth sounds on the microphone, when they didn't return it with lashings of ginger beer, he had a flash back of a mean person/ bad egg taking his glass before

Sure Tubs is the morning radio talkshow equivalent of Poirot.

:-✓

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

One of the producers has been seconded to Riffin Ryan's legal team and as a result there was less people to print out and highlight arictles from the MSN homepage for him to read, for the first time on air.

Other producers may have been scrambled to organise flights and accommodation and tickets for Ryan's birthday extravanganza as he asked them to do last week, on air.

Someone else on the team could have been caught up in freebie sorting duties I.e brining the items Ryan wants to keep to his car.

Not forgetting the person tasked with going back over old episodes of the programme online and removing segements, such as Riffin Ryan's trademark humour in the early days of the atrocities occurring in Ukraikne when he laughed about how we now at least know "the correct way to pronounce chicken kyiv".

As you can see the production effort is more of a support function for their star man rather than people who actually try and produce any type of work they could be proud of. I guess these are the sacrifices rte must make to prevent their big stars from going to other stations or moving abroad.

• Advertisement

Hilarious.. I actually laughed out loud, poor man was triggered.

Oh God, that spit swollowing that he does makes want to vomit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Is there any indication whatsoever that Tubridy realises (or was told) that the Croagh Patrick climb by Charlie Bird was not actually the Tubridy spectacle?

in my head they all got the top and then barry mcguigan and tubridy arrived in airwolf and landed and blew everyone over the edge and demolished the church and then jumped out pointed at the choppper and said WE DID IT.

i know that' not what panned out and loads of money was raised and fingets pointed and that's fine

What Charlie Bird achieved was absolutely astounding both mentally and physically. Absolutely nothing should have been aloud to over shadow that endeavour and achievement.

I was so disgusted to hear him speak about and for the tabloids to print about Tubridys little stumbles on his way up the reek. He should have just been in the background.

Jesus poor Charlie has MND and not one single mention of his physical difficulties on the climb, just gratitude and humility.

RT made a show of himself this time.

Imagine if Tommy Tiernan had that gig, his humanity and humour would lift mountains.... Not that Charlie and Claire did that themselves.

From the mirror

"Tubridy, who arrived late after presenting the Late Late Show in Dublin just hours before, says he suffered a few slips along the way as he scaled the rocky Mayo mountain with just four hours sleep.

“There was a part of it with brittle stones and rocks and that was tough. I would like to thank a number of people, I slipped down through the rocks and landed on, you just landed on people, thankfully there’s not a whole heap of me to land on anyone so I don’t think I caused them any physical pain "

Also this 4 hours sleep BS... The Late Late show (which needs to be amended to the early show) ended at 11pm.

He didn't get to mayo until nearly 12 hours later... By copper.

I'd say his alarm went off at 9am.

And even if he did get up early, so what! Every commuter in the country faces that in their regular life.

The man is just son incredibly needy. Sad really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Every time that I think he can't sink any lower in his grabs for attention, I discover that he can. That's truly disgusting on his part, going on about lack of sleep and saying part of the mountain 'was tough' and about him falling. So f##king what! 😡

Does he think even for a fraction of a second about Charlie Bird, battling a terminal illness, before coming out with grossly insensitive tripe like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Denny61

There is actually no body that has come forward to say tubs climbed Croagh Patrick .even all his pics supposedly out amongst the common man are staged..he gets people to do shopping for him.so I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I do think he did it... All his needy liiInstagram stories seem to verify he did.

He's physically a very fit man. Climbed Carrountoohil last year, irelands highest mountain. He loves to give off this air of helplessness on air like the comedy act climbing the hill, oh look at me....last week he enthralled the listeners with a story of how his bycle lock broke (and yes it did lead to him get a freebie replacement) but he chortled laughing saying "I know you are all laughing at the idea of me on a bike hahaha"... No we're not actually, in fact no one cares, he is just a voice on the radio that most people can't be bothered to retune the radio between Morning Ireland and Claire Byrne... Its never cost me a thought to imagine him on a bike. Its just a man on a bike ffs. If the kids carried on with such attention seeking on such an constant basis you'd worry.

I shouldn't care but I take great exception to this behaviour in the face of such a dignified event for Charlie.

• The spittle-suck-back is like Duffy’s repeat belching live on air. I just imitated Ryan’s action in front of the cat and he’s stunned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement