Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nellakram

Has anyone reported this behaviour of App to Kia Dealer ?

any comments from Kia ?

I am going into dealer tomorrow.

I have had enough. All my radio stations just got wiped again last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Never had that problem... Try uninstall the app and reinstall on a tablet maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I have a Zappi without the hub and still use it to schedule charging.

Page 14 of the manual at below link has instructions on how to set it up on the unit itself. (Basically you set it in ECO+ mode with a Boost during the period you want to charge )

https://myenergi.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Zappi-2-Full-Manual-V1_6.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Dealer applied the update for the pre heating issue this morning, I tested this afternoon and looks to have resolved the isssue.👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Could you describe the exact issue the update resolved? Are you now able to preheat the car not plugged in? If so do you still need to schedule the preheat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

My Gravity Blue Earth sitting down in the Port of Cork waiting on a transporter. Only ordered it in January so got lucky with it turning up this soon

I'm like a kid on Xmas Eve. I want it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

I hope there's more than one Gravity Blue in Earth spec sitting there, as mine is supposed to have arrived too!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Works using this setting from the app. Scheduling preheat only works when the car is plugged in, scheduled to charge and preheat. Apparently this is by design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

jealous. By the sounds of it there are no GT Lines in this shipment.

Dealers say It will be next year at the earliest before any GT Lines appear... for the extra €4300 over the earth model they were good value for what you get to some people who like there spec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Hoping to pick mine up tomorrow. Ordered/paid deposit 2nd March. Got a call on Monday to say it'll be ready tomorrow.

A bit nervous about the big switch, but everyone assures me you will never go back.

Delighted. I think I got lucky or a cancellation or something because initial suggestion was July at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

when you got a call, was it for the colour you ordered or was it more like, "you can have a white one now.." ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

It was you can have a grey one now. I didn't mind as long as it wasn't white.

Only done about 100km. Haven't had time to play around with it or anything, but it has to be one of the coolest things I have ever driven. The one pedal driving is class. It's so smooth and comfortable. And it is so so cool looking. Has to be the cost looking at around. And it's absolutely massive inside.

So far I am delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nellakram

Hi Folks, I am having a continuous problem where my nightly charging schedule keeps getting deleted every day or so.

it does this when I set the schedule up in car or with the App.

garage investigating but say that nobody else has reported such. They sai must be a profile issue .

has anyone seen this ?

Got dealer heating software update yesterday pre heating from the app now works car gets nice and warm have noticed while it's heating the from vents below the front number plate opens up... All this while not being plugger in to the charger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Gonna test drive an EV6 tomorrow.

Really looking forward to it. Whether or not I can perform enough financial gymnastics to afford it remains to be seen!

Has anyone got any specific tips for the test drive? i.e. Subtle positives or negatives that I might not cop on first glance?

I guess you're going for the Earth as opposed to the GT-Line?

• I'd suggest first turning off the radio. I noticed when I was test driving every sales person had the radio on. This allows you to judge the sound proofing of the car.
    • Take time to do the full seat adjustments and steering column adjustment.
    • Sit in the back to get a feel for the height.
    • Bring a bag with you, and put it in the boot, something like an Ikea bag, so you get a real feel for the space.
    • Head for speed bumps and see how it handles.
    • Reverse and make sure you are happy with the field of vision you have.

There are a few things on the GT-Line which are definitely nice pluses. I like the tactile buttons for heating controls etc. If you are tall and you're ordering the GTline, you loose maybe an inch of head room due to the sun root, so if you have two fingers width you'll be fine, something to check.

Brilliant thanks Manion. Of all of that list, I might have thought of the speed bumps but that's it!

(Don't actually know which model I'll be driving)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

I suggest you turn off the lane keep assist ,unless your on a motorway , as it’s a distraction during a test drive . I think all dealers should suggest this . To do this long press the button on the steering wheel , located about 8 o clock position . You'll see it go off on the top row of the drivers display.

It’s great for the motorway but on smaller back roads you may want to pass a cyclist / parked car / pothole etc and it gets upset as you approach/ cross the white line .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

Are any dealers in Ireland taking orders for these right now? A couple of dealers that I spoke with aren't taking anymore orders, and no reply from any of the other dealers I contacted. I'm not bothered about colour or spec, and wouldn't even mind a demo model, but seems to be impossible to buy anything at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Picked mine up on Monday. Dealer said he's had lots of enquiries and is telling anyone that it's looking like 2023 for any realistic availability, even for the Earth spec

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

I got an email from Kia today about Kia Charge. Anyone signing up? Seems to be a free option that just let's you have access to lots of chargers on one app, and a subscription that gives you 15% off and no session fee

I signed up for the reduced cost IONITY, I think even with the "discount" its more expensive than going direct to the likes of eCars. I think I signed up to another crowd as well.

Thank you all for the help.

Drove this today.

Left.

Me.

Speechless.

Good gawd almighty. Had no idea I'd be THAT impressed.

It was the earth model. For me I definitely don't need any of the extras the GT offers.

The look, the feel, the size, the comfort and space.

And the power... Holy pheck. Had a friend with me who likened it to an airplane taking off when I floored the accelerator.

I know I'm not being terribly detailed here, think I'm still not back to earth yet.

Have also driven the citron c4 and the opal mokka. Not comparing like with like when you put those beside the ev6, in any sense really. (price, range, bhp, size all bigger with the Kia)

I think I could learn to love the mokka easily enough, more so than the c4 for sure. The c4 to me felt a bit delicate or something. Both the mokka and the ev6 had a more sturdy/brutish feel to them. The ev6 especially.

Sales guy said I'd have it by July/Aug if I pull the trigger within a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to electric cars but am changing this year (or next reading about delivery times!) and I am giving very serious consideration to the Kia ev6.

I have found this thread to be very informative and wish all well with their new cars!

As a newbie, I'd be obliged if someone might be able to answer these very basic questions:

1. For home charging, do I plug into a socket in the house (detached in the country) through a window or do I get a charging box on the house. If it is a box, how much is the box and is it worth it?
    2. How much "petrol" money would you spend on home charging a car to do about 400km per week driving?

Many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

A look at the GT model. Not allowed to drive it though, just as a passenger with a Kia driver. The look on her face when it was breaking 250! Did seem rather noisy at high speed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

1. Get a charger installed, will cost roughly 1200-1400 installed. You then claim 600€ back as a grant (SEAI grant approval must be done before installation). Tethered has cable attached, untethered means you use your own cable. Go tethered. Three pin plug would take over 1.5 days to charge from empty to full and would quickly break your heart.
    2. Quick calculation assuming EV6 uses 19kWh per 100km would put you at under €4 per 100km on my standard rate of 18c per kWh. Night rate would be much cheaper if your mileage made it worthwhile to get a day/night plan.
    Post edited by mailforkev on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

18c/kWh x 19kWh/100km = €3.42/100km. If you can find yourself a cheaper electricity rate you can save a bit. I'm currently on 7c/kWh night rate but the current best rates are around 10 or 11 c/kWh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Thanks for the replies; much appreciated!

Advertisement