Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Keep blocking my card

• 06-04-2022 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

So some strange transactions appeared on my card recently (small ones) I got a text at 4 in the morning to confirm spend which obviously I slept though and the card was locked. After two hours trying to get through to card services I eventually did and the card was canceled and a new one ordered.

Ive had the new card about two weeks and now the exact same thing. Blocked again due to some other strnage transaction.

Is this an overall issue with AIB security? I'm not careless and the new card has only been used in atms. I cant understand how someone would get the number so quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there a chance the ATM machines you are using are compromised? Are the transactions showing as POS on the statement to indicate a point of sale transaction which would mean a physical cloned copy of your card being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭PMC83

I'll have to have a look. Just can't believe its happened again so quickly. I wouldnt be as big an issue if AIB wern't so awful on the phone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Have you looked at the types of transaction that are being triggered to start with... it may not be your local ATM that is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭slo007

Does the new card have the same numbers in front?

I recall ordering a new card from a provider after receiving an email from an online store stating their systems were compromised. The bank sent me a new card with exactly the same numbers in front, even the expiring dates! That's all you need to make small purchases like parking meters, etc. I had to order a new one...

Advertisement