Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

@Mamof4 season2 of The Split on BBC 1at 9pm , not sure if you watched the first one but it's very good imo, worth a watch or record.

@thomil can relate with how you're feeling, I read on another thread that a lot of us who worked all during lockdown etc. are 'coasting' at the moment and it definitely resonates here, nothing actually wrong just Meh in general. I took a few days off but due back tomorrow, I'm going in late and just going to take it at my own pace, telling myself there's no point is stressing, definitely book something, looking forward to a break is almost as good as the break itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Season 3 of The Split.......you've lost a season Duvet 🙈

Let's move along, nothing to see here.☺️☺️😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Every time I click on a page or even to go to another page the ad comes up and I accept and it still persists, it’s getting too annoying now and I might have to throw a fit 😂😂

In a lovely restaurant in Mayo now 👍🥰

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Accepting ads? I know there was discussions about changing ads on the site but that sounds weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭thomil

I think Auto may have been referring to the "Accept Cookies"/Personal Data pop-up that semi-regularly pops up on here over the last week or two.

On a completely different web-related note. Has anyone else noticed increased errors when accessing this website or when trying to do online purchases over the last week or so? It's become a bona-fide fight for me to even top up my Revolut account. Just what I need in my current state... **Puts Oculus back on and blasts through another five clips of 9mm...*

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I just got a bad gateway on this site for the first time in aaaaaaaaages

Also there were service issues today, mostly with three, dunno if that would expalin previous days though..

Ooh and again.

I have a feeling like that might be "collateral damage" from ongoing attacks against back-end services such as cloud flare or Visa's 3-D Secure.

Yup wouldn't be surprised but i presume like everything else that's happening in the world it'll be blamed on the russian situation, i swear it's being used everywhere, lazy journalism

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled day here at Lyrath in Kilkenny - went for a leisurely swim earlier.

Heading back early tomorrow as I’m very busy with work from tomorrow afternoon until Saturday afternoon but it was so, so good to get away for a few days after last week’s planned break was postponed due to my OH being in a low.

We did a big drive down to Hook Head and the Hook peninsula yesterday, seeing the lighthouse (the oldest continuously operating one in the world), Tintern Abbey, Fethard-on-sea and Dunbrody Abbey. Beautiful part of the South-east. Was last on Hook for a college geology field trip in the mid-1990s so it’s been a long time! Here’s some photos to enjoy. 😊👍

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Great pics @JupiterKid , and you are looking great too 🙂

Rainy evening here .

Not long up, had shrink after work which had my mind going ninety for ages after.

JK you took some great pics ya silver fox 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

*looks at pics of Jupiter and googles how to turn a gay man straight*

Great photos!

I'm at home all day today and instead of being really productive at work (although I have been somewhat productive including attending two meetings) I made some homemade brown bread and currently have a pot of potato and sweetcorn soup simmering on the stove. Pity my clients won't take bread and soup instead of articles. Sigh.

I am looking forward to watching Liverpool win (hopefully) tonight in the Champions League and also to seeing if Anne Hegerty or Shaun Wallace are related to me in the new DNA show. The production company from the DNA Journey show had contacted me through ancestry.co.uk back in July to say that someone I was between 4th and 6th cousin of was doing the show and did I want to be part of it. Of course, I only checked in there and saw the message about 2 weeks ago. Sigh. That ship has sailed. So now, I don't know which of the Celebs in the new series is my fam.

I think it's probably Anne though and less likely Shaun if it is this episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@Witchie such a man eater, even the gay gents aren't safe now 😆

@JupiterKid I did that trip around Wexford around 8 years ago and have that same photo of myself in front on the lighthouse. I loved Tintern too.

I drove at speed past the haunted house place. That wouldn't be my cup of tea at all 👻

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So its not Anne...

@witchie .... 😁😁😎😅🤣 You wouldn’t be the first woman to try to “turn” me lol 😉

I’ve come a long way from being a gawky, nerdy, wafer-thin, spotty and speccy awkward teenager. Was great to get those few days away. 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hi everyone, just settling back in to work and routine after a week away in Scotland. Was great to have a change of scene. We were spoiled with the weather and I even got on a bike for first time in maybe 20 years!

and since we're sharing pics….

Lovely pictures all 😀

Workside here, about to give my laptop some impromptu flying lessons, straight out of an 8th story window. Keeps crashing every time I try to export data from one certain set of reports! 🤬🤬 Just goes to show that computers are great at solving issues we wouldn't have had without them in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

@thomil I've been there!

Got my delivery of mojo sauce this morning so lunch was chicken drums roasted in said sauce. A great kick fr it. Who needs Nandos.

• Advertisement

/Slides plate 😁

Cripes, just looking at a few supermarket weekly deal things and ouch inflation

Shopping.

Yeah everything is gone up Grem.

When you have a workstation in a home office, you have to dust it yourself! No fancy pancy office cleaning to be had here. A sparkling tech desk!

Ah I'd love to see a disco ball desk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A large slice of a very good apple tart with a glass of bainne. Tasty! Watching a movie in bed now with a sleepy Mrs G. Sleepy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting waiting to go for an hours sleep in a MRI machine. Luckily I'm not one of the ( many) claustrophobic people I see going for them. One guy had to be sedated! . I haven’t had one in years though.

• Advertisement

Deskside in my work office, busy between classes.

Real April day outside - sunny with the trees coming into leaf but showers threatening.

@cjmaxx - hope your MRI went well. I have an ultrasound scan myself next week.

Advertisement