Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

There's not a phone that doesn't have issues. I think the connectivity one was a big issue for the Pixel, but a rollback in software was an easy fix. Google were just very bad at letting people know how they could get back to a fully functioning phone.

Regarding sorting out an eSIM, i finally got it done last week. Thankfully the guy who told me I had to have the Vodafone SIM in my phone for at least 24 hours before trying to switch wasn't there, and another guy sorted it for me on the spot. After using Vodafone for data the last week or so, I really can't see any benefit of 5G, and I'm not finding the connection noticeably different to my 48 connection. The main benefit I did notice was roaming in the UK last week, as 48 can be painful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Hi Guys,

Just checking in to report sound quality I am having trouble with. I purchased the 6 pro on launch day. Running perfect until this morning when I open up a video on YouTube, the sound is crackling , just wondering if this is a common problem. Not sure if it's hardware related or software. Maybe I dropped my phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

First things first!

Try a hard reboot!

Hold power for 10-12 seconds until phone shuts down. Leave for 30 secs. Start back up.

Look, I know it's simple, but try it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Is anyone having battery drain issues with their phone? Going to bed at night. I would have 30%. I would have the network off and mobile internet off and want to wake up in the morning. The phone is dead. Has anyone else come across this?

• Advertisement

No doubt it's just a random app draining the battery. The problem is figuring out which one it is, as it's not always obvious when looking at battery stats.

Are you using airplane mode? If not, try that and see if it's any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

No issue here. I just put Do Not Disturb and lose very little over night.

Have you got adaptive battery settings turned on under battery settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

It looks like chrome was running for two hours, maybe the screen was on. I will try the airplane mode

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leon124

I had battery drain when I had android 13 DP or Android 12 QPR3 Beta

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Looks like Google have reduced both Pixel 6 and Pro by €50 until the 19th. Edges me closer to getting one now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Bought Pixel Buds for €4 with the code I was sent, the sale price of €79 was applied, in case anyone still has the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Anybody else having issues with the Finger Print sensor I find itvery finicky.

Ususally try it 2 or 3 times and then have to put in the code anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Not really but I use smart lock alot, try adding the typical finger twice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

I think most if not all such issues were largely fixed in the early updates after the device was released.

As suggested above, remove any existing fingerprints and re-add them, doing primary finger(s) twice.

If you are using a screen protector then that may also be affecting the fingerprint sensor operation. You can increase the sensor's sensitivity in the settings, which will help with some screen protectors, but with some other screen protectors it will never work properly while they're installed and you'll need to try a different screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭pawrick

Yes same here and did the whole scan each figure twice, reset them etc. I've just come to accept the fingerprint scanner being finicky and needing to lick my finger to use it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Cheers for the replies I increased the sensitivity and even added five versions of the same finger still no joy

Just can't get over how poor it is compared to the Pixel 5.

Thought they would have brought back the face lock feature they had in the Pixel 4 by now as a workaround

I've gone from P5 to P6Pro and honestly don't notice much difference. A little bit slower, but I have never had any issues with the actual reading of my print. The P5 used to be more of a struggle for me with any kind of moisture on my hands, whereas the P6Pro seems better in this regard for some reason.

One thing I have found on the few times that my print didn't read first time was that I was putting my thumb flat onto the screen, rather than using more of the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rcreedana

I've been having an issue since the April update (I think this is when it started). When I'm listening to media on bluetooth earphones, and I get a phone call, once the call is finished the media just stops playing through the earphones. The podcast/song will show that the track is playing, but there's no sound coming through my earphones. And when I press the volume buttons, the ring volume changes, and the media volume is shown greyed out to the left. Has anyone else had this happen? A restart fixes it, but restarting the phone after every phone call I get is fairly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

No, works ok for me. Did have a few instances of the phone not auto connecting to paired headphones when they were turned on in earlier firmwares but haven't seen that in a while.

I'm assuming that you've tried this with more than one app and that it's not an app specific problem?

Maybe beg, steal or borrow other Bluetooth device to see if it's something specific to the headphones rather than the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rcreedana

Thanks for the advice, it seems to be device specific like you suggested rather than app specific. I have budget true wireless earphones, so they may not play well with whatever bluetooth processes the Pixel runs. Something I'll have to live with I think. It might magically get ironed out in the May update

• Advertisement

Unlikely unless it has been a recurring issue. May be worthwhile on that basis to submit feedback (Settngs -> Tips & Support) of your issue as it may then get looked at, especially if other users are reporting the same issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys

I finally used my google voucher and I bought the Google Pixel Stand which arrived yesterday....no issues with it, does what it says....just wondering - is it safe to leave the phone on the stand, even after it is fully charged? I have googled it but cant find any advice either way on this issue?

thanks!

Yes, it's fine. What is your concern, specifically? I'd say most people would use their stand to charge overnight, and with adaptive charging it will only charge slowly to have your phone ready to go when you get up in the morning.

I guess if you're leaving your phone on the charger all day every day in a fully charged state, it could have a small effect on your overall battery degradation, as theoretically the stand will top up the battery repeatedly as it drops below 100%. It wouldn't be anything to be concerned about, though.

Yes - Google designed specifically for this phone so it plays nicely. I wouldnt necessarily to the same with any other brand charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I leave it on the stand all night with the adaptive charging and I haven't noticed any issues so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

How did you get the voucker ?

I bough a pixel 6 about 6 weeks ago on the playstore, did you get a voucher afterwards?

It was for people who pre-ordered the Pixel 6 and were supposed to get the Bose 700's for free. Google ran out of stock of the 700's, so gave people a €75 voucher and the Bose QC 45's instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

I'm getting sick of the mobile data disconnects. On Vodafone. Most notable when I'm listening to music via streamed from Tidal. 4/5G connection cuts out, music stops then have to tap Internet then toggle Vodafone connection off/back on to resume connectivity. Sometimes have to do it repeatedly over half hour or so.

Really hope that they sort this. Loving the Pixel 6 apart from this issue. Fingerprint scanner is a minor inconvenience.

They must be quite long disconnects for that to be occurring. Does it only happen with tidal? You're not running and kind of power saving mode, are you? Is data saver turned off? What setting do you have for adaptive connectivity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Adaptive connectivity is on. Adaptive battery is on. I only really notice it with Tidal when I'm in the gym or on a bus listening to music or out for a walk. Obviously streamed music will immediately stop until I toggle mobile data off and on again. In the office or at home I'll be connected to wifi just for web browsing etc.

Advertisement