Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 House of love

In our experience absolutely no, I know ppl waiting since November, we are waiting since 14th January only changed to processing on 17th March ...was due to be issued 28th March, nothing yet, we are non nationals though, but still it's too long

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Thank you. Yes it was an online application, both born in Ireland to Irish parents.

Both applications are in the "Processing Application" stage

I rang them yesterday and they noted our travel dates so hopefully that will speed the process along. Surprisingly I got through 1st time on the phone and only had a 5 minute wait. The girl on the phone said our travel dates are now noted and when the next person who is dealing with processing the applications, they will take this into consideration.

Hopefully that will get us over the line but I might give the local TD a shout if the first passport does not arrive on it's estimated date of the 28th of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Sponsorgate

What documents need to be sent in for a first time application? Both original birth certs of father & mother? copies of passports?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

I find it wildly entertaining that they have reduced the time on their website from 40 to 35 working days.

Irish born child to Irish born parents, online application. 35 working days my foot. Today is working day 40. Maybe today will be our day!!

They spoke to my witness 2 days ago. No update, still says processing. Anyone be have a long wait once their witness was called? Does the tracker always update to say it’s printing? Need to renew my own passport as soon as my son’s is printing.

• Advertisement

Both passports have now moved to Processing so hopefully not much longer

Child original birth cert and photo copy of parent's passports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whats the current wait time to get firsr time passports?

Would u get one in a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Unlikely, even before Covid, waiting time was 20 working days. Now it's much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jumpinsheep

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/turnaround-times/

Currently, at the above official page, it says: First time applicants, 35 Working Days

Doubt it could be ready in a month in any case; guess it'll be more than 35 anyway, probably it's an estimated time.

• Advertisement

No way, 8-10 weeks at least

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Giotto3

The Process?

At what point in the process does the Passport office contact the person who witnessed your documents, to verify that they exist and are entitled to verify you? Is it when the Tracker says "Processing Application: we have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents." Or is it at the stage where the Tracker says "Processing Application:Your application is being processed."

Think it is one of the last things to happen before printing so would be at the "Processing Application:Your application is being processed." or afterwards I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭riddles

If you need a passport in < than 2 weeks I’d recommend booking a 1 day or 4 day turnaround 1 day child passport needs both parents present or 4 days needs the Garda stamp and then one parent can attend the passport office.

processing application. They have our docs 9 weeks tomorrow. They spoke to our witness on Monday. Still “processing”.

🙄

they told me yesterday that 3 weeks wouldn’t be enough time to renew my own passport. Straight forward renewal. Give me bloody strength.

Mine and my husband's first time applications have been sitting at the stage of "Processing application:We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents." for 2 weeks and 6 days. Just this morning my application has moved to "Processing application: Your application is being processed." I must check with our referee if she's been contacted yet. Thanks for your reply.

Ours changed to that yesterday as did my nieces first time application, so hopefully they are working through them. We used a Garda as our witness so won't know if they've been contacted or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Has anyone that has contacted the passport office to have their travel dates noted gotten it in time for travelling?

How long are people waiting for straight forward online adult renewals at the moment?

We were at processing for over a month before they contacted our witness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Friend applied Sunday night of last week, arrived on the Tuesday so less than two days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

First time Child application processing for weeks and then I get an email to say the photo is overexposed. I had used the pharmacy photography online code service so I presumed that it had already been accepted. I also thooght that some leeway was given for babies. Now to try get another photo taken before the deadline expires.

🙄🙄🙄

apparently our son’s passport has been approved but still not printing. I honestly feel he will be shaving before they issue it.

Thanks. I applied Wed night and nothing is happening. No complicating factors. I can only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The first anybody seen it was yesterday morning so it’s been one working day. You’ll get it early next week at the very latest

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Got through on the chat here. Very helpful agent. Said currently in his experience, Paper applications are meeting estimated deadlines but it does vary. Said to contact them again if it hasn't moved by the estimated date and they'll hopefully be able to move it along. Said that verification stage is the last stage pretty much. Noted out travel dates etc.

Does anyone know, just out of curiosity, the difference between stages 3 and 4 of the process? Both are named "Processing application" but stage 3 says "We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents." Stage 4, also named "Processing application" says "Your application is being processed."

In my naivety I had assumed that stage 3 would be the stage where they check that the documents we send are actually acceptable to them - you know, they're happy that the bill you sent them is sufficient proof of your address, your photo meets their standards etc. I had also, mistakenly I fear, assumed that if you got to stage 4 that would mean that all your documents, including photo, were acceptable and all your details were being processed onto their systems with a view to printing as the final stage. But I have read, on twitter I think, where people have reached stage 4, thought they were on the home straight so to speak, only to get a message saying their photo wasn't acceptable etc.

From what I can tell nothing's guaranteed until you get a dispatched notice. My mother used to say "Patience is a virtue."

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

We applied on 23rd of Feb (1st time application). For a month, the online tracker wasn't working (I had contacted them and was assured it was received within a couple of days of application). Then around the 23rd of March it showed up online "Processing application", "Your application is being processed.". It's still on this status, and it was confirmed to me today that supporting documents haven't been verified yet, that is the last stage. So anyone's guess what the difference is between different processing states.

We called and even got through to emergency travel but they said there's nothing they can do as FTA is complicated and everything is checked thoroughly, and our travel is not urgent, but it's always worth the try you might get lucky.

• Advertisement

Thank you. Passport office told me 3 weeks wouldn’t be enough. Hence my concern.

Advertisement