Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One aspect of the last few weeks is how shockingly clumsy and inept the Russian media are - they are like a relic from the 1970s Soviet Union. I guess they are so used to lying to their own people that they don't realise their propaganda won't work on anyone outside the country with even a modicum of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

They don't care about what people outside the country thinks though. It's all for internal consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Translation.

The scale of shots at Chernihiv, at civilians. Russia will burn in hell

Can somebody tell Me what I'm actually looking at here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭techdiver

Depressingly I really don't think anything of the sort will happen in Russia. It's become clear that through decades of conditioning and brain washing they are all (mostly) on Putins side.

We even see Russians living outside of Russia with access to western media still entrenched in their views.

I'd love to be wrong but don't think I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

In my world it wouldn't be impossible for "outside special forces" to be "advised" of "down for maintenance" days by the Russian military

"It would be most unfortunate if you were to attempt to neutralise a high value asset next week as we wouldn't be able to detect your incursion"

It really could be as simple as that - the situation is already bizarre - the protagonists need only be described to the Russian people as a mercenary group acting for a Nazi organisation - "told you they were real folks, look what they've done to our wonderful President". Nobody would ask questions, nobody would care. (I know, I know, China, North Korea, etc. but they haven't pulled a stunt like Putin, not yet anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Empty "crates" used to house and transport munitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Basically thoughts and prayers…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Utterly depressing response. And let's not forget that Russia could do the very same to us next, or any other non Nato country and nothing would be done about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭rogber

Basically, as long as the war doesn't spill across the borders into the EU it seems there is no red line, they could massacre the entire Ukrainian population and the West would just impose a few more sanctions and allow a few more defensive weapons in. This thread has already shown how much that splits opinion, some supporting the stance fully, others disgusted. Personally, my reason supports the stance, my emotions are disgusted by it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Absolutely, but it's still hugely counter-productive : sanctions and anti-Russia sentiment and measures have ramped up considerably this week because Russia are losing the PR game so badly. They're exposing themselves as deeply corrupt and the least trustworthy country on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

The sniper joined the Ukrainian Marines in 2017. Since then, he has been fighting the separatists in Lugansk and Donetsk. In January this year, she left the army. However, when the war with Russia began, she again began serving in the 35th infantry brigade.

The woman has recently issued an appeal to Ukrainian soldiers, the purpose of which is to further motivate them to fight the Russian soldiers. - These aren't people. Even the Nazis were not as mean as these orcs were. We have to beat them. We will definitely win! I will hold on until the end! the sniper appealed.

Good Russia deserves no place in the international community until there is a change of regime and direction and until they have been held to account for the crimes committed in Ukraine. They need to be isolated totally.

Russian combatant. There are civilian Russians within Ukraine

The price does not indicate volume. A single trade could set the daily rate if that's all that's traded. For all we know the price may be being set by a single individual in Astana importing second hand Lada's from Omsk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Rich entitled slappers cutting up merchandise that are the value of nearly a years salary for oridinary Russians.

When are normal Russians going to cop to fook on.

They are back living in the equivalent of Czarish Russia with the haves and have nots, and they are doing SFA about it.

I am reaching the line where the only saying that comes to mind is "the only good Russian is a dead one".

Ehh it took years for the Nazis to come up with their industrialised death camps.

Before that they along with local quislings, and there were quite a few of them, rounded up Jews and other "undesirables", dragged them into the forest and shot them.

As others have said the gas chambers and crematoria were brought in to alleviate the mental hardship on the perpetrators (well that was how Himmler the skunk viewed it after seeing mass killing in Minsk).

BTW they first tried special gas vans for the mass killings. They were used to kill people in mental asylums and concentration camps.

The funny thing (not ha ha) is the Soviet NKVD used them during Stalins Great Purges in the 30s and the first people that the Germans tested Zyklon B on were Soviet POWs.

The Wanasee Conference only took place in Jan 1942 where the Final Solution was finally arrived by ensuring all relevant arms of Germany bought into it.

It was after this the industrialised organised process really began.

Another thing that comes to mind is how late in the game the Hungarians sold out their entire Jewish population and how much Hungary played ball with Germany throughout the war.

And then people wonder why Orban gets elected.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

its amazing how little Russia has had to pay for this war through damage to their own country, karma is building

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

They'd have no specific reason to target Ireland, and from what we've seen, their logistics are absolute gash anyway. If they cannot successfully invade a country right next door, invading one a thousand miles away is completely off the cards. Missiles? Well, I doubt the UK would be thrilled to see such things flying over their airspace, and the U.S. would take a dim view of anything careening toward Shannon.

Anyway, the threat of Ireland being attacked in some way doesn't even need to be invoked in order to rouse feeling over what appears to be a tepid response to Ukraine being invaded by Russia. However, some people will regard anything less than NATO boots on the ground as a tepid response, so no amount of aid, military or humanitarian, will satisfy those people. My suspicion is that the measures being announced against Russia are only a part of the overall response. It could only be the tip of the iceberg where what's below the waterline is too strategically-sensitive to reveal. I don't think the political will is there to pressure enough NATO governments into direct action, so we'll basically have to accept the stand-back-but-help approach and let history judge it as a course of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

They shouldn't be identifying her, I hope they've used a non-combatant lady for the photo.

On second thoughts, it's brain-dead for the Ukrainians to be announcing the presence of female snipers at all, it's simply putting female POWs at increased risk of mistreatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Unfortunately, not everyone in the west gets it. The disgusting and churlish Greek railway workers union has refused to repair or do work facillitating trains carrying military supplies for Ukraine. Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭anplaya27

Zyklon B was apparently first used on Germans with what was deemed disabilities in Germany. The Deaf community was systematically targeted - they took children out of schools for the Deaf and gassed them in the back of vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Farcical anyway, The only ban that will work is on gas.

Stoltenberg agrees:

"NATO Secretary General @jensstoltenberg says he agrees with @DmytroKuleba that as #Ukraine is fighting a defensive war, this distinction between offensive weapons and defensive weapons “doesn’t actually have any real meaning”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

They used to pipe the exhaust fumes back into the back of the vans to suffocate the victims.

And yes I think they were first used by the Germans on anyone deemed undesirable and not just the Untermensch of the East.

Zylon B was first used in Auschwitz on Russian pows in late 1941.

Wibbs sorry to be pedantic, but what is modern day Poland was moved West by the agreements in Yalta and Potsdam and what was old Eastern Poland occupied by the soviets in 1939 became part of USSR along Curzon Line. So Eastern Poland of 1939 that was grabbed by Stalin was kept in 1945.

Poland obtains new territories in the north and west (West Pomerania and Gdańsk, the Lubusz Land, Silesia, Warmia and Mazuria) which were part of Germany.

USSR also grabs from Germany old East Prussian Konigsberg region which is todays Kaliningrad oblast.

Maybe the Germans should look for it back?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He's dead right ,

They need proper advanced capabilities ,if they had the ability to directly target Russian forces inside donbas and Crimea it would make a huge difference, even better equipped drones would be a game changer , currently the Turkish Ones carry feck all weapons ,some of the Nato and American ones can carry up to 10 weapons and loiter over an area for over 22 hours ,

They should be throwing everything they have into the fight with ukraine do at Russia did 8 years ago send little green men with no identifying symbols or marking on vehicles,

Watching that reminds me of how effective a new munitions trick Turkey and others have. A drone or spotter designates a target with a laser and artillery or a rocket launcher, fires a guided munitions from a distance away which steeers and homes on the target with absolute precission. It means a drone can be very small and doesn't have to carry any heavy munitions of it's own so could be relatively cheap and very hard to even detect or destroy. Ukraine needs these systems, big time.

This is nuts. Australia could probably supply as much as they want at the drop of an akubra.

• Advertisement

Yes, this is not idle newspaper gossip but coming from German Intelligence services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement