Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Just lookin up ferries crossings. Have decided to sail out of Dublin on Wednesday morning. Don't mind the travelling down from hollyhead.

Just looking at sailing back from Pembroke/Fishguard to rosslare. There's one at 1pm which gets in at reasonable time. Anyone ever get that one ? What time did you have to leave the site ? There one at 2.45pm as well which give us an extra bit of time I suppose.. Say we leave at 7am. Does it take long to get out? Leaving from campervan field

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not much help but completely depends to be honest. In 2014 we left the site in the van at 9am and some old banger broke down and blocked up the country lanes so we were sat there for 7 hours. Missed our flight and had to stay in Bristol. The next year we waited a bit later and there was no traffic leaving.

That said, 7am is usually a good time to leave. Less busy. Starts getting really busy an hour or two later. But also means you have to be up at 6am or whatever. Urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

All you folk who are getting tickets posted to you from UK to Ireland, will you not have to pay a Brexit charge to receive them. Twice I've been caught out now with sending birthday presents to family in Scotland from Ireland and its putting me off ever sending presents to the UK again, I'm going to try and claim that tax back as its not right. I'm just warning Irish Glasto fans to maybe expect an extra charge to receive your tickets in the post from the UK.

Edit: It seems to apply only to parcels really so you should be alright.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

We've travelled over and back via ferry every year we've gone (2014, 2017 and 2019).

Had to change our plans in the last couple of days to switch from Pembroke to Fishguard as we're now picking up the campervan in Fishguard.

Anyway, now getting 7.30am ferry from Rosslare Tuesday morning and 1.00pm ferry back to Rosslare from Fishguard on Monday afternoon.

We always left CV West by 7am on Monday mornings and never had an issue making the 2.45pm Pembroke sailing (always stopped a few times on the way and was never rushing. Comfortably in Pembroke before 1pm).

This year is obviously a bit different given we'll be in CV East and need to make it back to Fishguard to return the campervan and make the 1.00pm sailing. Will realistically leave CV East at 6am on the dot. It's a 3hr 30min drive in normal conditions so factoring in one way traffic systems leaving the site which will route us in the wrong direction initially plus allowing for some (hopefully not much) festival traffic at 6am and normal rush hour motorway traffic around Bristol, I'll be allowing an extra 1hr 30mins bringing the trip to 5 hours, hopefully reaching Fishguard for approx 11am.

7 hours ! Jesus that's horrific. I'd imagine there were a few mental breakdowns sitting in that ! 5/6 day hangover is bad enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

Just to add to what some previous posters have referenced in relation to See Tickets and posting tickets to Ireland. I previosuly received two responses during the ticket payment window last month. One stated they will send tickets out and the other said they would not.

I again sought clarity this week and received the following:

"We can send the tickets to an Irish address. If the campervan was booked with your reg, this will be sent out along with the tickets"

Yeh similar email I got.

Best we post on here once they arrive to give people the heads up to expect them - those who've requested them that is. Gives a bit of time for those to get sorted if they don't arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Probably, we’ve already been charged £14 for posting. I think they use registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Lamb at Field of Avalon @Seathrun66 - you missed them at EP that time didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks Rubick, had to get home early on the Sunday so missed Lamb. Have seen them a few times at fests or as support act though, and I know its sacrilege but I find them a bit uninspiring live. It's been 15 years so I'd happily check them out again and there are a few goodies there. I've never seen TRB and The Damned always worth a look. We're just going to be utterly overwhelmed with choice aren't we?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was The Damned that leapt off the flyer for me out of that bunch. All to play for now!

Undertones soon to be announced also and hosts of others. The excitement is building a little now.

You think so until you look at the clashfinder and they're all on at the same time

Bought this recently. Given the contemporary trend in dance music for all things balaeric I think the time is ripe for a tour.

Had another look at that lineup, and it's very impressive, enough for a decent stage at any other festival. Sugarbabes have 3/4 great singles and I completely missed this:

Brilliant. Love 'em, pals of mine from my London years. Great guys. Alas when the comeback in 2008 didn't pan out so well Steve went back to his Amazon job in Seattle and the rest of them set up a new band The Everlasting Yeah. Second album being mixed at the moment. First is decent and the standout track below (video recorded by my significant other, downstairs in the Roundhouse). Even they aren't touring for a variety of reasons (can speak in person). I've been trying to get them to do the Jerry Fish stage at EP for a few years but no joy, just not financially viable to all travel to Ireland unless they can do a proper tour but the band is under the radar at present so they won't pull in the numbers. They're great pals with Steve still and they all meet up whenever he's in London but it's hard to imagine the Petrols doing anything rather than a one-off gig in the next decade. I'd love to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Hi all, does anyone know, with international tickets only being collected at the box office, does that mean they won't be able to avail of the free shuttle from castle cray, do you have to show a ticket to be able to get on those shuttles?

Go back over the thread and there are several informative posts on international tickets.

Silver Hayes with a stacked announcement, including 4 new stages. Surprised to see Gabriels in amongst all that ooopmity boomp, thought they would have been on Park for sure. Perhaps a couple of sets across the week.

That would be a pretty good dance festival on it's own. Apparently the new layout will be four stages, id say the capacity is increased too.

• Advertisement

Yes, emailed yesterday and they said they'd post out to me if I require it for using shuttle services 👍

Having the ticket in advance will make a big difference on the day. Nine weeks and counting.

The official Arcadia poster has been released a few days after Carl Cox (or someone who runs his SM accounts) posted it in a comment on facebook. Amelie Lens has disappeared and Aphex has apparently not been booked after a few rumours suggesting he was. Still a few big names there though, and the spider is back apparently.

Hoping the Aphex Twin situation is circumvented by him playing under his DJ AFX moniker, as per his last appearance in the Temple and others (before my time at the festival, sadly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Emailed them for a second time and got a " no problem we'll post them out" delighted with that.

Email yesterday saying the tickets had already been printed and can't be posted, I really don't know how that's a problem.

I followed up my email on Monday asking when they'd be posted and they said end of May, beginning of June, no mention of not being able to post them now, maybe that email is coming my way 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DIY beginner

Does anyone know when they release the set times or do you find out then you’re there? Just hoping for no major clashes!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Should be an app in the next couple of weeks or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah theyll release everything a few weeks before. And there will be major clashes!

Advertisement