Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio / Webcam options for Meeting room

Options
  • 07-04-2022 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭

I need to set up a meeting room for hybrid meetings - for now will be primarily used with Teams / Zoom

Bose Speaker and 50in TV are already in the room, which is well lit and small enough that a 78-90degree field of view should be enough

so I'm thinking of adding a blue yeti mic & logitech brio pro webcam (either high up on the TV on the wall or on a small tripod on the desk).

both plugged into a usb hub so that whoever is using the room only has to plug hub into laptop usb port

anyone have any advice or other suggestions or see anything wrong with the above?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Couple of thoughts:

* make sure the cables are long enough to reach wherever the laptop owner will sit

* depending on how many mobile devices, and what OS, you might need to make sure they have the right software/drivers installed

* laminate a "how to" guide, and put it somewhere prominent

* different laptops have different USB connections, some adaptors might be needed

* keep the mic central, not beside the screen (so that everyone in the room can be heard)

* attach/hide/fix the remote for the TV, so it doesn't get lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

If you can get your hands on a Poly Studio Bar I highly recommend it.

Mic is decent for pick up around 5-6m and they track people in the room.

It's expensive but it's got everything in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

considered it but I'm not sure if our crowd will continue with hybrid meetings or not - it's high priority now that we're going back to office more regularly, but whether it's sustained or not is the issue so I'm putting a relatively cheap and cheerful solution in first and if it becomes the norm, I'll put in something like the poly or the owl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

got the mic and the webcam and will be setting up today.

one potential snag though - the remote speakers voices will come thru the speaker, so will the mic pic up their voices and they'll hear an echo of their own voice back?

Advertisement