Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

I live here and tbh it’s a shithole ref teen behaviour and has been since I moved here 12 years plus ago

each weekend during winter the park is a no go after sunset- summertime 7 days a week it’s a no go as soon as it gets anyway dark

teens congregate there drinking/ cannabis etc , then move onto Owenabue car park, shout- roar - fighting-pissing etc etc

carrig is a middle class town ( mainly) but honestly it’s a kip and the parents know this is going on for years yet don’t give a ****, absolutely no respect for property/ ppl down here

Garda station part time

no gardai on foot

can literally not see any Garda at nighttime

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Correct imagine the brains of the prick who designated 3 small females to look after the fastest growing town in 🇮🇪 on a weekend night ,

beggars belief and on top of that there’s a few ban gardai here that honestly couldn’t pass a fitness test,

grossly obese and the scummy teens here have no fear of such obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭JDigweed

There was a protest and the usual social media outrage when the Gardaí were "heavy handed" with a chap in finglas a couple of months ago. Seems they can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lads there are loads of people around long enough to know that commenting on live cases can cause the trial to collapse.

A defendant is entitled to a fair trial. Let the courts do their work.

Actually yeah, you're right, comments removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

Kids are effected more than ever now because of covid everything shut down no facilities and nothign to do no wonder they end up taking a wrong turn and find themselves getting into difficulty. the goverment has to do more for deproived areas look after the kids and there mental health and too many people are calling the gards on kids hanging around whats that going to do there not doing anything we have to let kids be kids as well too many busy bodys around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Are you having a laugh?

This has nothing to do with “facilities” or covid and everything to do with complete abrogation of responsibility from the parents, who are probably no role models themselves.

This is just pure scum behaviour plain and simple. And he’ll get away with it too, because of his “difficult background”, makes me sick.

I can remember being bored out of my mind many times as a kid. Long summer days with no money and nothing to do, yet somehow my friends and I managed to occupy ourselves without intimidating or assaulting or yes, even murdering someone. By your logic there should be huge crime amongst the youth in very rural areas too with nothing for them to do, unsurprisingly it’s not an issue though.

These scums get everything handed to them and continuously make life miserable for their fellow citizens who are funding them. I’m a firm believer in the welfare state and am more than happy to pay higher taxes to provide a safety net for people that fall on hard times, but these folks are taking the complete piss these days. I am sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I always wonder what these magic 'FACILITEEEZ' that these scum are lacking actually are. The are in the middle of the city, with direct access to everything. Maybe if they didn't spend 800 quid on jackets they could use that money to do something

• Advertisement

Look at Sheriff st on google maps - they have state of the art football pitches, a recreation centre, a youth club, boxing club, playgrounds and a park, and a ton of social housing, all within 500 metres of the financial hub of Ireland, in the middle of the city. And the place is still a kip. Maybe they don't have enough faciliteeez...throw in a basketball court and an ice rink and see if that will fix it.

not everyone wants to kick a football around all day and the youth centres are all closed because of covid kids need somewhere they can go where they can chill out and not get hassled by the gardai if you treat kids like criminals dont be surprised if they act like criminals then

Whats the excuse for acting like scrotes for the 30+ years before covid then?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lack of understanding and unwillingness to provide people with their actually needs, particularly their health care needs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

What are their “actual needs” as a matter of interest?

Most people’s needs involve shelter, access to food, healthcare, education and transport, environmental enrichment etc.

Literally all of this is provided for them without them lifting a finger. And still they rail against the state and the people providing for them. This isn’t about needs, it’s about attitude and entitlement.

its clearly obvious their needs arent being met, again, particularly their health care needs! its fcuking disturbing to also see comments about housing needs being met!

Sterilisation on demand? I'm with you there, Wandy!

shur why not go with full extermination, save us a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd question education to be honest, but then I'm one of those cynical weirdos who doesn't just take words at face value...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

shur our educational system is fcuked, probably wont change either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

So it's all the Gardas fault for picking on the sweet innocent kids and turning them into criminals. Amazing logic! Nothing to do with parents that can't be bothered parenting because why should they do that when they can blame it on everything else.

theres loads of cases of gardais being too rough on the kids look that that video from a few months back 4 or 5 gardai battering a kid riding his bike around

Yeah, that German bloke from the 30s was on to something, what was his name again? Godwin or something...

But if your sterilisation proposal wins favour and is adopted then there'll be no need to move on to Plan B!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

'Riding his bike around' lol

A teenager dangerously driving a scrambler around a residential area where children were present.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

Jesus H Christ...are you for real?

This is one of the silliest takes i have ever seen on boards. Its comments like these that enable some of this shite to happen.

Every single need is met for these people. Medical cards, social housing, child allowance, no tax, Deserted wives benefit, education allowances, free travel, free facilities and on and on. there is not much more that can be done. I have zero issue providing these things as these city centre areas lost industry, and odd jobs like ship stevedores etc. its a cycle of issues, so social provision is what we should be doing. Studies have shown, A society that looks after its poorer people is happier and more stable. However these people after getting all that, spit in the face of society and bite the hand that feeds them. If they can´t help themselves, and some can´t (for the grace of god go i) then what more can be done than the above. it will take generations and re-education and a different path to change the issues many of the anglosphere countries are having. we are doing the carrot no stick approach. others do the stay in that part of town approach. unfortunately social housing and its issues literally are evenly spread all over Dublin from West to North, to South, to East. Look for social housing blocks in London city on google maps and compare and contrast. what other main square and park in the World would have several blocks of social housing beside it. I don´t mind it maybe adds character and keeps people onside, but its still fairly weird.

There is facilities all over the inner city. I live in Ballybough beside the flats. there is in no particular order within 20 minutes walking distance- a swimming pool, 4 gyms, multiple pubs, shops, the city, watersports, two LOI football clubs, three youth football clubs, 2 pitch and putt courses, the seaside, 3 parks, Croke Park, a community centre with gym, 2 further education colleges, a skatepark, a hospital, a healthcare centre, a canal walk, space to sit down and move,jobs in eastpoint, multiple eateries and on and on it goes.

No facilities is the lamest excuse since we can´t have tall buildings because of Ballymun.

We're talking teenagers here, so where free travel, children's allowance and deserted wives allowance (that a real thing??) aren't really relevant.

Regarding the facilities - again pubs? "Eateries"?, For teenagers? Are they allowed into the gyms and pitch and putt without memberships? and the number of football pitches is irrelevant if they don't like football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

Yeah fine its specific to teens, however the phrase is often double speak for general social ills of these communities. the ills come from generational dependence and despondence. i get it. i live in the north inner city, only for some elements i could see myself living like that.

Free travel and some of the other things do apply as the teens see some of that money (nothing wrong with that)

Shock horror teens eat too, you know. yes the pitch and putt club is a working class club, teens are always in there.

NUmber of pitches is not irrelevant at all.

its a bullshit excuse for the issues involved.

The issues is a list long but its nothing to do with the facilities.

Advertisement