Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Chance to get 48.ie 10.99 euro offer - Ends 4 April - 100 GB + All Calls & Texts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭amber2

If it doesn’t work when you arrive in Paris, message them when you get there through their online chat….. just bypass the bot and get on to a customer service agent and they will tell you what to do.

Also remember when you get back home to revert as you won’t have any service when you get home, this doesn’t seem to happen immediately on arrival home so you will think all is fine until you wake up one morning and you no longer have any service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I was in Belfast the weekend and roaming would not work at all. Was there in November and no issues so strange. Nothing had changed in between.

Wouldn't trust it for roaming going forward but fine for when in 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I’ve been with 48 since mid-2020 and find the service great and great value. Roaming has worked fine anywhere in Europe and the UK.

If you sign up using the link below, you’ll get a free month’s calls, texts, and data and two €10 Uber Eats vouchers for free. Cheers.

https://refer.48.ie/QQGPxr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It seems to be pot luck. Like I think it does work for the majority of customers but there is also an amount like myself who it didnt work for as the problem comes up time and again on 48 threads. I remember at the time when I got home I went looking for answers and there was a thread on the 48 Community forum from just an ordinary customer which had APN settings, iirc these were different from what the default was set to and others said they worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

France was the place where roaming actually worked the best for me. I was even able to stream a match on rte player when I was on the beach in Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭gipi

I was in Newry today with my other half, neither of us could connect to a roaming network with our 48 Sims. I'm sure it worked for me before. I tried to select a network while there, and all the networks (O2, Vodafone, EE, etc) were all listed as forbidden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Only 3G roaming if you can get it to work, alot of countries are winding down their 3G networks so coverage might also be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does anyone know if you have to have received the SIM and activated it by 4th April to avail of this offer, or can you activate it later as long as you have your order in before 4th April?

I see on their website...

"If you are on the €10.99 membership, or have ordered your SIM before 5th April, you will have the €10.99 membership forever. You don’t need to do anything, simply keep enjoying the 100GB all calls, all texts for €10.99 a month."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

I’d prefer 20gb and decent roaming. I watched a live football match on sky go earlier this month and it worked at Gatwick. Hoping it works at the end of next month too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Myself and 2 other family members were in Enniskillen today. None of us could get any network. I know it's cheap but roaming these days is pretty essential. Tried everything I've seen on their forums and nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭amber2

Just got an email from 48 saying they are aware of the roaming issue and have troubleshooting steps to follow but are working to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Any chance you could link to the page please, I didn't get that email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried 48 and gomo, both worked ok but I found reception in countryside poor plus roaming was iffy. Switched to postmobile a year ago and never looked back. Yes it's 15 a month but no roaming issues, great reception and reliable data speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,831 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

An extra GB on the roaming allowance for anyone on the 12.99 package. Looks like that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

12.99 plan includes...

200GB (fair use, not clear if it's a fixed cap or not).

5k SMS

5k minutes

10.99 plan still available with a college email address.

https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details

Post edited by Ten Pin on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

200GB for 12.99 is interesting as I went over my 100GB allowance for the first time this month, sim is in a mobile broadband router and I was watching a lot of Netflix and streaming football. It allows you to 'spot' 1GB from next months allowance and have a friend donate you 3GB, I did both of those but the extra 4GB wont be long in going and still have 10 days before it renews back to 100GB. The only option right now is to buy 1GB at 3 euro at a time, I might be wrong but I thought they had a better data add on than that before, something like 10GB for 5 euro?

I also got the same email about their data roaming problem. Good to see they are addressing it as a known problem now. Would be good if others could report back if their fix on the community forums actually works to get roaming set up when abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭AhhHere

Wasn't aware about add ons but I can confirm the community blog post works as a fix. Did it for my wife the week before last without issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

I ordered a sim back when the €7.99 offer was on but never switched as i realised my old €20 Three plan is good enough for me.

Now when i log into the account i see the option of buying the €7.99/€10.99 and now €12.99 memberships!

Might be useful info for someone here so they can "lock" in a price without actually switching yet.

Were you able to buy the €7.99 membership?

Yep, I can continue to the very end, gets sent a contract summary too

I'll keep it just in case i wanna drop the old €20 keep-your-credit Three plan

Thanks. Why pay €20 when you could pay €7.99? I presume you know 48 use the Three masts.

I top up by €20 and keep the credit since I'm on the old plan. I can then use this credit to buy books/apps on Google Play so it feels like I'm getting the plan for free since I'd likely be buying this stuff anyway. Sometimes I get 5G too even though I'm not on a supported plan and have gotten speeds of up to 1,000Mb!

If 3 decided to boot me off this plan then id switch to 48 in a heartbeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

looking at this deal for a 4G LTE router,whats the penalty for going above the 100GB(unlimited data me hoop)!

thanks

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Spn744

The only penalty is that to continue using the internet you would need to top up for the monthly membership again. 48 is exclusively pre pay and not bill pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

I also have it since the 7.99E deal

• 4g speeds are absolutely fine. Should be exactly the same as three as they are using the same network so check out three coverage map if you are concerned. There are some spots in Galway where I get 250Mbit down / 50Mbit up now. I am guessing that's because three is increasing capacity for 5G so it also helps 4G
    • Roaming is an absolute disaster. Go to the 48month forum to see how many people have major issues. You often need to change APN settings to get any broadband at all (calls + texts work outright). For roaming they also only give you 3G even if the EU country you are in has 4G which pretty much all do. Even worse in countries where 3G was discontinued to free up capacity for 5G you get only 2G speeds so about 10 Kbit/s. That is the case in Germany already and many EU countries are to follow. That's an absolute nightmare.

So if you don't need your phone in other EU countries 48month is perfectly fine. If you travel often within the EU please consider getting a SIM card for the trip from another provider.

There might be a bright spot however for the roaming part. EU has agreed to extend the 'roam like it's home' for another 10 years and this time they won't allow that you offer less speed in other EU countries compared to your own country. That means if you offer 4G here you MUST also offer 4G in the other EU countries unless it is not available there. That law should take effect middle of this year but if 48month will follow the new regulation or not who knows.

P.S. Just adding 48month forum link with all the roaming issues (sorted from newest) https://community.48.ie/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=roaming&sort_by=-topicPostDate&collapse_discussion=true

If you think about signing up now for 12.99 and you travel in the EU I think the GoMo 14.99 deal is much better. Never had any roaming issues (except 48month) and I used about 4-5 providers last few years.

Post edited by rh5555 on

Advertisement